Page 85 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2441

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

I'm happy for JP de marigny to be installed mainly because his experience with victory and their near perfect recruitment last couple of seasons. JP and an assistant of his choosing and jones to keep his position. JP is well respected across the country and would be a gaffa that most players in the country would be happy to play under.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    That's assuming muppet didn't put Mullen and boogaard on contracts well above their worth.
    We should be really thankful that Tinkler has actually poleaxed our squad and we are able to start with a pretty empty slate.

Wouldn't be much good if he had of given players 5 year deals and they are dead wood

Rickie Herbert as an option. Mentioned back in December I think
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Yeah not keen on a kiwi in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Yeah I remember Herbert being mentioned but didn't Phoenix get rid of him because his style was considered "too boring"?

Well here's a way to get offside with the support.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/a...-stubbins-stay
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post

Alivodic out !
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post

The whole thing was completely lost in translation.

Janko.....Gooooone
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Important questions need to be asked...

Like why does mark jones have a picture of a poodle as his iPhone background?
    Go jetties

Can confirm brown poodle in existance.

Djibril Cisse should be a target for HAL clubs including us.....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Banned
    Andrew Hoole started training with Smurfs today. I take it he will be getting a run V Spuds.

Absolutely filthy seeing this kid in Smurfs gear.

Only one person I blame for this and that is the **** who ran our club into the ground and gave a Newy lad no reason to want to stay

**** you Tinkler

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Andrew Hoole started training with Smurfs today. I take it he will be getting a run V Spuds.

Absolutely filthy seeing this kid in Smurfs gear.

Only one person I blame for this and that is the **** who ran our club into the ground and gave a Newy lad no reason to want to stay

**** you Tinkler
    Could have stayed for the resurrection, chose judas.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Could have stayed for the resurrection, chose judas.
    To be perfectly fair the resurrection only arrived last week.

He signed months ago

Banned
    ANDREW Hoole has started life at Sydney FC.

The Newcastle-born midfielder trained with the Sky Blues on Monday after the Jets agreed to release him.

Standard A-League player contracts run until May 31, but Hoole has been granted an early departure to enable him to suit up for Sydney in high-profile friendlies against Tottenham on Saturday and Chelsea next Tuesday.

‘‘They are two massive games and I obviously want to be a part of it,’’ Hoole said.

‘‘Both are close to sellouts and the atmosphere will be incredible.

‘‘The biggest crowd I have played in front of is about 20,000 at a Melbourne Victory game.’’

Monday’s session was Sydney’s first since their 3-0 loss to Melbourne Victory in the A-League grand final.

‘‘It was a session to get back into the swing of things,’’ Hoole said.

‘‘The boys said it was one of the easier sessions and it was still quite difficult. That is the standard they are looking for.

‘‘There were a few nerves going in to training with it being a different environment.

‘‘But it was a good session. It is good to be a part of that intense environment.’’

Hoole hasn’t played since the Jets’ 2-1 loss to Brisbane Roar in the final round on April 24 but the 20-year-old has been ‘‘ticking over’’ to ensure he is up to pace.

‘‘I have had to keep doing my own stuff,’’ he said.

‘‘After the Chelsea game we have five weeks off. I’ll rest then.

‘‘In football you have to earn your spot. I’m definitely looking to do that.

‘‘I spoke to [coach] Graham Arnold and he is keen for me to play some minutes.

‘‘I’m just trying to put some good training sessions in and make sure I’m ready.’’

A Broadmeadow Magic product, Hoole played 50 games for the Jets after making his A-League debut in a 1-0 win over Brisbane in January, 2013.

‘‘I enjoyed my time at the Jets,’’ Hoole said.

‘‘Everything comes to an end at some point and you have to move on.

‘‘That’s football.

‘‘This is a new chapter for me and I’m looking forward to the challenge.’’

AAP reports: Just a week after he was voted man of the match in Melbourne Victory’s grand final win, Mark Milligan could be set to leave the club.

The Socceroos midfielder and Victory captain has been linked with a move to the Middle East after a terrific A-League campaign.

Victory chose not to accept a bid from Baniyas reported to be worth $1million in January 2014.
    Nice of FFA to give Hoole an early release from his Jets contracts just to benefit FFA FC.

Let me finish what I started, says Stubbins http://www.theherald.com.au/story/31...ubbins/?cs=306

PHIL Stubbins has implored Football Federation Australia to review the coaching set-up at the Newcastle Jets.

The Jets coach is in limbo after returning on Sunday from a scouting trip to Europe and is desperate to complete a two-year deal he ‘‘signed in good faith’’.

The FFA took control of the Jets last Wednesday after Nathan Tinkler had his A-League licence stripped.

Unlike the players, the contracts of Stubbins and support staff James Pascoe, Mark Jones and Jess Vanstrattan were not carried over by the FFA.

Their positions are now under scrutiny.

‘‘I hope that they do exactly what they say they will do and have a review,’’ he told the Herald from Adelaide, where his wife has a business. ‘‘In fact, I implore them.

‘‘The coaching staff and myself would certainly welcome this outcome and perhaps, with transparency and dialogue, it will paint a positive picture to the one currently in the minds of many.

‘‘I honestly feel we can turn things around significantly if given the opportunity, especially after making so many tough decisions throughout the course of the campaign. The bottom line is that there are many things learnt from my first season with the Jets.

‘‘I simply request the chance to see through a two-year deal that I signed in good faith.’’

A decision is expected by the end of the week.

“FFA is looking at the needs of the new club from a technical, sports science, management and elite development point of view,’’ head of the A-League Damien de Bohun said.

“The coaches from the old club have not come across at this stage.

‘‘We plan to make an announcement on the process in the next few days.”

Under Stubbins, the Jets recorded three wins in 27 games to finish on 17 points, the worst haul in club history, and collected the wooden spoon.

‘‘I take ownership of my own role in the poor season,’’ Stubbins said. ‘‘More than anyone, I have empathy with the fans and what they have endured over the last five seasons. I take responsibility for my part in that.

‘‘When I came into the position, I made some mistakes with some signings.

‘‘Contrary to popular belief, last season’s roster was not assembled all of my own free will. I should have done things more my way.’’

The flashpoint was a 7-0 loss to Adelaide at Coopers Stadium on January 24.

That humiliating defeat sparked a week of blood-letting in which five senior players were sacked and the coaching staff, aside from Stubbins, departed.

The Jets were on eight points with one win at the time.

Pascoe, Jones and Vanstrattan were appointed and Daniel Mullen, Lee Ki-je and Enver Alivodic were added to the roster.

The Jets picked up nine points in the final 12 rounds, highlighted by wins over a second-string Wanderers and eventual champions Melbourne Victory.

A further nine players, headed by Edson Montano, Zenon Caravella and home-grown duo Taylor Regan and James Virgili, were let go at the end of the campaign.

Lee, Alivodic and Mullen have extended their deals. Nigel Boogaard, Andy Brennan and Themba Muata-Marlow are new faces.

‘‘The club now has a very solid foundation from which to build on,’’ Stubbins said.

‘‘We are on the right track with the age and profile demographic of the squad and I’m very confident that with the addition of the players that I have scouted in Europe this group is closer to success.

‘‘Ernie Merrick finished second last with both Wellington and Melbourne Victory in his opening campaigns, as did Ange Postecoglou at Brisbane Roar and Kenny Lowe at Perth. You need time when sweeping change needs to be made.’’

David Carney, who spent four months in limbo last season after falling out with Stubbins, has indicated he would welcome a change of coaches.

Caravella has also been highly critical of Stubbins.

Their view is in contrast to that of Alivodic and Mullen, who have this week come out in support of the embattled coach.

‘‘It seems that most of the people speaking out have been the ones that have been released or have angst at not playing,’’ Stubbins said.

‘‘The football environment is actually a very good one.’’

The governing body has offered players like-for-like contracts to the deals they were on at the Jets.

All bar keeper Mark Birighitti, who has been on loan at Italian Serie B club Varese, are expected to accept.

There was speculation on Monday that Birighitti, who is now a free agent, would join Perth as a replacement for Danny Vukovic.

However, the 24-year-old gloveman told the Herald last night that his preference was to stay in Europe.

Wow, So Phil signed a two year contract in good faith and wants it to be honoured so he can finish what he started?

What about the players and staff he sacked, who also signed contracts in good faith? I'm sure if asked those players would have all said they wanted to finish what they started and they all probably felt they were the right people for the job.

Is Phil seriously that arrogant and deluded that he thinks that he should get special treatment.

Pack your bags Phil, its time to go.
    Last edited by sammydog; 26-05-2015 at 09:51 AM.

On your bike muppet

What does "signed in good faith" mean exactly? Sounds like bs to me.

I won't be renewing my membership if Stubbins is still involved. Simple.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Wow, So Phil signed a two year contract in good faith and wants it to be honoured so he can finish what he started?

What about the players and staff he sacked, who also signed contracts in good faith? I'm sure if asked those players would have all said they wanted to finish what they started and they all probably felt they were the right people for the job.

Is Phil seriously that arrogant and deluded that he thinks that he should get special treatment.

Pack your bags Phil, its time to go.
    Totally agree, just right that load of BS from a man is totally desperate..... I mean using the word "implore" is just pathetic..... to hang on to his job.
    There is no honour and dignity him. Then to compare what he is trying to do with what the likes of Merrick, Ange and Lowe done shows once he again he will say any drivel to put up smokescreens and mirrors to the real truth. He had a whole off-season to take charge of this team with a big input in the make-up of the squad, Ange and Lowe both came in mid-season.....Ange took over from Farina while Lowe took over from Edwards.
    Merrick on the other hand didn't use a "scorched earth policy" in improving his squad both at Victory and Phoenix. He knew from his frst season, what areas he needed to strengthen the side and what type of player to bring in.
    Anyway I've had enough of repeating myself about his Muppet.....come on FFA lets just get it over with. I for one do not feel one iota of sympathy for him!