Page 116 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2441

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

So it looks like R. Willson partner is in a spot of bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    So it looks like R. Willson partner is in a spot of bother.
    who?

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    who?
    John Hartigan, former News Limited CEO and Member of the SCG trust.
    His rumored to be Wilson's source for the leaked documents.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Soccer fans really need to keep clear of talkback radio trying to defend this.

They are making it even worse.

saw an interesting stat in the whole R.Wilson titfight

since the a-league started more violent criminal charges have been laid against AFL players than A-league fans - a pool of thousands vs a pool of hundreds of thousands.

Hasn't Alan Jones just come out comparing sokkah hooligans to the terrorism in Paris??

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    saw an interesting stat in the whole R.Wilson titfight

since the a-league started more violent criminal charges have been laid against AFL players than A-league fans - a pool of thousands vs a pool of hundreds of thousands.

Man, you've all got to stop feeding this thing.
    She presented facts and aimed for the low hanging fruit.

Caping up to try and somehow dispute it gets everyone away from the whole point.

On a different note the FFA is ending the policy of exclusivity in relation to Hyundai. Article in fin review stating that clubs will be able to obtain their own sponsorship, providing a few things are met.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Man, you've all got to stop feeding this thing.
    She presented facts and aimed for the low hanging fruit.

Caping up to try and somehow dispute it gets everyone away from the whole point.
    not feeding it. just thought it was an interesting stat.

normally id not give two ****s what she writes, but when they've publically announced and essentially demonised people - many of whom are innocent and have no right of appeal its beyond low.
    If id been banned through a case of mistaken identity then had my face printed in the paper and made out to be some sort of hooligan, id be looking at legal action for sure and I hope some do.

FFA's insane rules with no right of appeal is one thing, but to make public the names and faces of innocent people and present them as hooligans is another.

people can argue she presented facts as she just announced "these people are banned" which may well be true but there's no doubt she's defamed the innocent among them.

Out of curiosity who was it that was a victim of mistaken identity?

Out of curiosity who was it that was a victim of mistaken identity?
    old mate who supposedly cut the foxtel cable down at the vuck, who incidentally was a minor at the time, and has since had his ban overturned

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    old mate who supposedly cut the foxtel cable down at the vuck, who incidentally was a minor at the time, and has since had his ban overturned
    Well now I'm confused. So there is or there isn't an avenue of appeal? How did this bloke get his overturned?

Not taking shots, just genuinely interested cause there wouldn't be a court in the land who would uphold a sentence on someone who can be proved innocent yeah?

no idea mate, just stating what i've heard/seen around the traps

I dunno, as f-ed up as it is to release the private infos like this, I don't have much sympathy for many of them whose faces I recognise and know as grubs.

One on the list from Western Syd participated in the 20 v 2 against a member of the foz and his mate.

A guy in Brisbane was banned for lighting a flare under a pullover. No security could see they just pinned it on him.

Melbourne fans have been banned while they were out of the country.

No appeals process is a joke.

To be honest I am glad football fans are taking some of the heat from Muslims in this whole terrorist saga.

Looking forward to battling against the "reclaim stadiums" action group, who actually are not footballphobic and really just want the best for our stadiums.
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    A guy in Brisbane was banned for lighting a flare under a pullover. No security could see they just pinned it on him.

Melbourne fans have been banned while they were out of the country.

No appeals process is a joke.
    So where are you hearing this? Is it an official explanation of people being banned or are you hearing it anecdotally?

So where are you hearing this? Is it an official explanation of people being banned or are you hearing it anecdotally?
    Its true, quite a few of the people on the list deserve to be there however there are definately people who are there via dubious evidence and the FFA wont listen.
    I dont need to reveal my sources specifically but suffice to say that there is liaising (and has been for several years) between most of the reps of active groups in the league. We hear about these stories all the time.

We were lucky that one of our guys who was originally on the list due to a criminal charge on police evidence - which was thrown out when the police evidence was found to be "unreliable". Because the ban was for that specific reason, and he was given a judgement in writing, the FFA had to rescind the ban. We continue to thank Robbie Middleby for his help with that btw as many others in a similar situation remain on the list - and now have had their names and photos published in a national newspaper and online and generalised as "louts" and troublemakers by association.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    To be honest I am glad football fans are taking some of the heat from Muslims in this whole terrorist saga.
    some are one of the same. enough from you headinthesander

Consistently over many years, people have posted their banning notices online.