Page 27 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Well, isn't that the whole point? They haven't been sacked - the only one is Carney and that's been disputed. The rest are mutual terminations... and even Carney was offered a mutual termination, which he declined, before the club tried to sack him.
    When I'm talking I'm referring to mutual terminations being a contract being ripped up with no money paid from the club (which usually happens in cases where players want out and find a better club, like Steele, Gallaway, Flores), and a termination (what I believe has happened with the 4 sacked bar Carney) being one where money is paid from the club.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    When I'm talking I'm referring to mutual terminations being a contract being ripped up with no money paid from the club (which usually happens in cases where players want out and find a better club, like Steele, Gallaway, Flores), and a termination (what I believe has happened with the 4 sacked bar Carney) being one where money is paid from the club.
    You need to play more Football Manager so you can mutually terminate players. There's generally an agreed termination fee and the scenario we have here where players essentially transfer for free could be done away with in the HAL if transfers between clubs were actually a thing (which they are anyway by virtue of this "termination" malarkey we have)

I'd support transfer fees in the A-league. Obviously there would need to be a cap on the amounts but it could be a way for the povo clubs to garner income in the absence of a sugar daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    I'd support transfer fees in the A-league. Obviously there would need to be a cap on the amounts but it could be a way for the povo clubs to garner income in the absence of a sugar daddy.
    and boom we are 7th forever while sydney, melbournes, and perth win everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    and boom we are 7th forever while sydney, melbournes, and perth win everything.
    Why? Doesn't mean the rich clubs can buy the players already contracted. It doesn't bypass the salary cap.

Why? Doesn't mean the rich clubs can buy the players already contracted. It doesn't bypass the salary cap.
    It means the poorer clubs can't buy decent players.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    How does the ability for Melb City to go "Dear Jerks, we would like to offer you a million for Player A" have anything to do with the Jets ability to sign people on contracts? Melb City still have to fit Player A into the contract, it doesn't suddenly mean they can buy all the best players in the league nor does a transfer offer have to be accepted or Player A accept the contract.

Transfers already exist, anyone who says otherwise is deluded. They just call them "mutual terminations - oh look, that player magically joined a different team the same day!".

Banned
    How does the ability for Melb City to go "Dear Jerks, we would like to offer you a million for Player A" have anything to do with the Jets ability to sign people on contracts? Melb City still have to fit Player A into the contract, it doesn't suddenly mean they can buy all the best players in the league nor does a transfer offer have to be accepted or Player A accept the contract.

Transfers already exist, anyone who says otherwise is deluded. They just call them "mutual terminations - oh look, that player magically joined a different team the same day!".
    Your as deluded as Tinker and Stubbins

If Heart wish to pay anything for any of our players bite their ****ing arm off.

Your point falls flat on its arse after that

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    No it means they can't buy decent players already under contract, which they can't do now anyway innit?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Your as deluded as Tinker and Stubbins

If Heart wish to pay anything for any of our players bite their ****ing arm off.

Your point falls flat on its arse after that
    "Hey Jets, can we buy Griff for $10?"

Your point falls flat on its arse.

Banned
    "Hey Jets, can we buy Griff for $10?"

Your point falls flat on its arse.
    Griff's been sacked

Your point falls flat on your arse.

The rest of them are worthless now Birraz has left

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Griff's been sacked

Your point falls flat on your arse.

The rest of them are worthless now Birraz has left
    Until he signs termination papers, he is still a Jet.

‘‘Through the review, not just by myself but more so the chairman, after going through and getting an insight of the landscape, decided to go in a way he has,’’ the coach said.
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/28...ubbins/?cs=306

This quote I think reveals what went on when Phil went to Brisbane. A naïve coach laying it all out for a volatile owner who then loses his cool and takes a knee jerk reaction. Doesn't he know that guys like Tinkler need to be shown the right course of action to take? He should have said "Yes, we could go that way and sack everyone, but here is a better way".

I still kinda feel sorry for Phil, like he is way out of his depth making mistake after mistake, in a Frank Spencer kind of way.

frank.jpg

But maybe that is me being a little naïve.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/28...ubbins/?cs=306

This quote I think reveals what went on when Phil went to Brisbane. A naïve coach laying it all out for a volatile owner who then loses his cool and takes a knee jerk reaction. Doesn't he know that guys like Tinkler need to be shown the right course of action to take? He should have said "Yes, we could go that way and sack everyone, but here is a better way".

I still kinda feel sorry for Phil, like he is way out of his depth making mistake after mistake, in a Frank Spencer kind of way.

frank.jpg
    But maybe that is me being a little naïve.
    That quote just shows the bloke to have been clueless with his Management

When he came in he should have noticed immediately these issues or noticed them as time dragged on and acted on them accordingly. He could have fixed them by benching/not selecting players transferring players out etc

He chose not to. Lose one game 7-0 and then all of a sudden it is clear as day what needs to happen?? FMD

The bloke if he had any leadership skills at all would have had a plan to go forward and would have told Tinkler this is what we should be doing.

He has just let some other bloke who has NFI about football make decisions on his team and he now has to wear the consequences

Agree 100% with MFKS, the fact it got to this just highlights how incompetent he is as a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by scarfy96 View Post
    Agree 100% with MFKS, the fact it got to this just highlights how incompetent he is as a manager.
    and as a human being

Banned
    What price these two blokes blow a nut either Friday night or early next week about the fans blowing up tomorrow night??

There seems quite a lot of denial and complete lack of touch with reality between the pair with everything they do yet they seem convinced they know no wrong.

Nothing about either of them makes me think they will see what's coming tomorrow night or will under estimate it nor do I see wither of them actually swallowing it either and letting it go.

If Tinkler holds on to the club I can see Stubbins being let go in the off season. He contradicted Tinkler on a couple of occasions and seems to be trying to be mates/play off both sides and doing a poor job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Newy View Post
    Taylor Reagan will be announced as skipper...

Grif... organised meeting on revolt against stubbins....

after meeting with players.. grif phones tinkler himself....

tinkler blew his stack.

and sacked everyone that said anything.

Hate to say I told you so

can also tell you.. David Carney threatened to punch Bridges face in...

but anything else to report is pretty personal and not best in this forum