Page 118 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 2441

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    however the morality of releasing the names of people and publicly shaming them when many on that list have not been convicted of any criminal offenses and they have no avenue of appeal over there bans.

Has she made an individual assessment on all of the 198 people's cases and bans to form the opinion that the majority are guilty of being "Hooligans" and "a risk to the safety of the public" or is she once again just shooting her mouth of after hearing one side of the story?

As to how she got the list.
    Whoever gave it to her be it from FFA, Police or a Stadium they have breached a confidential agreement. Those who where banned were notified that there information was released to Police and Stadium Management under a confidential agreement and that there information was to only be used for security purposes.
    Yeah from memory between something being 'news worthy' and 'fair use' laws regarding photos etc she seems to have her ass covered legally (I think it was noted only a court order can prevent it getting published) but that won't stop the individual facing action if it is established who leaked it. The leaker is liable not Wilson.

So unless Wilson gives up her source (nope) the leak will prob go unpunished.

As for the morality of it? Hey man I'm with you but journos and morals rarely coexist, Wilson won't be the first and won't be the last.

Yeah, pretty much agree with plague on this one.

It was wrong for them to release the list, but now that it's out there are we just going to ignore what has become a real problem with the league in the past few years?

I know there are many Jets fans who don't attend Western Sydney away games for the very real fear of getting bashed. To me that just seems stupid, and I don't have any sympathy for the idiots who are now exposed for what they have created.

This is a screen from facebook of a guy who is on the list for fan violence.

I witnessed with my own eyes belting into one of our own, and I'm fxxxed if I'm going protest on his behalf.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

western sydney are their own worst enemy, bashing blokes who don't want any part of it out in the open, in your carparks next to the stadium and the like etc

your melbournes and sydneys (for the most part, bar a certain exception ) manage to keep their biffo generally contained to their groups that want a biff. might be worth a try for the goons of western sydney if they are so dead against getting "named and shamed" instead of trying to bash everyone and anyone, all of the time.

If only those dastardly cops would stop forcing the peace loving fans to punch on.

Bastard cops.

i'll punch you mate

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    i'll punch you mate
    Hang on let me go ring one of my copper mates so he can get me all riled with his menacing stare and utility belt.

I lived in both Western Sydney and Newcastle and find this shit hilarious.

I've lost count of how many times I've seen blokes being belted for no reason in Newcastle. Or indeed of the situation where one bloke starts a fight, gets his arse kicked and then his mates come into rescue him / beat the other bloke up.

Hence, for people in Newcastle to be all high and mighty about such things is ridiculous given the pack mentality around these parts.

Whilst I agree with all these sentiments, there's blokes on that list that over celebrated a goal and celebrated with players that have now been tarnished as Hooligans.
    As I said Wilson is right in some of what she says, but she has an agenda here and she's got no regard for the innocent people in her "facts" that have been caught in her agenda. Of course something needs to be done to stamp out the blight on the game that these f'wits have done, but we as football fans should be outraged when oxygen thieves like Wilson put the boot into our game yet continue to ignore the similar elements in the codes that the media they work for have a vested interest in.

I'm sick of mud being thrown at our game and our game being used as a pawn in all of this. Best way to deal with this shit is call them out on their hypocrisy to discredit anything they say.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

i really don't care if someone bashes another bloke ffs, just don't bash blokes that have no interest in it, then cry about it when you get fingered by the law

do the crime, do the time

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    that oxygen thieves like Wilson put the boot into our game yet continue to ignore the similar elements in the codes that the media they work for have a vested interest in.
    Not entirely true.
    She was in the thick of it during the Canterbury Bulldogs issues with both fans and players about 10 years ago.

She's actually trying to do Gallop a solid here. The sooner clubs and fans work out the quick fix the easier it will be to shut her up.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Not entirely true.
    She was in the thick of it during the Canterbury Bulldogs issues with both fans and players about 10 years ago.

She's actually trying to do Gallop a solid here. The sooner clubs and fans work out the quick fix the easier it will be to shut her up.
    She is hated just as much by NRL supporters as she is by football
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

She shouldn't have published the list, there's too many innocents on it, too easy for people to argue with her over it.
    Hand it over to an investigative journo and really throw the book at he blokes on the list who are ****wits.

I'm with Q on the WSW thing - ambush scarfers, and you can go and get ****ed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by &1gest View Post
    Man, that dude should just have written "I'm not racist, I've got lots of black friends", it would have saved a bunch of time.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Not entirely true.

Rugby league fans hate Rebecca Wilson. Always have and always will.
    Queensland Rugby league fans and players as an example have been at war with her for many many years.

She's a skank with a typewriter who likes to stir the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    She is hated just as much by NRL supporters as she is by football
    Exactly my point.

It's the lack of balance that pisses you orf...take the endless NRL feel good stories on almost every night on NBN/Nine news. Obviously trying to repair the damage the game has suffered because of their thugs, but again, it happens in other sports too and is not reported at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Rugby league fans hate Rebecca Wilson. Always have and always will.
    Queensland Rugby league fans and players as an example have been at war with her for many many years.

She's a skank with a typewriter who likes to stir the pot.
    Exactly, which is why people saying she's doing this to carry the water for the NRL are wrong.

I actually see there is two distinct issues at play here, and both sides of the argument are only looking a the one side that suits them.

The first is the privacy issue. A list created without and due process as far as appeals go, should not be published. I actually do believe the FFA should be trying to find out how this was put into the hands of Wilson. They should also be putting into place an appeals process. If they have the grounds to ban someone, it should hold up to an appeal.

But, the second issue is that there shouldn't be the need for such a huge list in the first place.

Groups like the RBB do seem to take shit with them everywhere they go, and they make up a big chunk of the banned list. The clubs should be condemning the dickheads who keep bringing flares to games or try to cause issues inside (and out) of the grounds. I'm yet to hear of anyone form the RBB, Wanderers, NT or Victory really get in and call out the dickhead element. This is what fuels people like wilson, and to an extent the game through the fans and to a lesser extent, the clubs, does stick its head in the sand when there is issues. But what do we get as a response, a walk out because of privacy issues. It really is completely missing the point on how to address people like Wilson, yet again they are just playing into her hands.

Id love, just once, to hear an active group like the RBB take look at themselves and actually admit why they have a bigger police presence than other clubs. The answer is pretty simple, and thats what Wilson has latched onto. Until the supporter groups, casual fans and clubs start actually calling out the dickhead element who light the flares and look to punch on, then Wilson and those like her will have all the ammo they need, with or without the list.

Last home game witnessed a rather large group of 15 year old Newcastle wannabe ultras who may or may not have been in the Squadron verbally abuse and push a middle aged female Mariners fan over into a parked car.

Every supporter base has a dickhead element.