Page 101 of 123 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2441

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

never heard of the "existing home grown" allowance! I'm guessing we didn't use it, much like we didn't use any allowances.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    http://www.a-league.com.au/article/f...h1ig6tb3cjgxzg

Some big changes in there.

- Salary floor 90%
    - Two marquee, nationality irrelevant
    - Mature age rookie (over 21, not played in pro comp for 18 months, outside cap)
    - Loyalty player (slide scale, 5-10 years of tenure at club, up to 200k outside cap)
    - Home grown allowance outside cap up to 200k from 150k
    - Salary Cap banking (can carry over up to up to 5% extra unused cap from previous 2 seasons i.e. up to 105% of annual cap)
    - Loan period now up to 14 weeks from 10
    - Min salary up to 55k

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    never heard of the "existing home grown" allowance! I'm guessing we didn't use it, much like we didn't use any allowances.
    Isn't that the thing that replaced the junior marquee thing a few years back? Am sure pv4 was saying that a few weeks/months ago.

This is positive for us as we didn't use full salary cap and gives potential for both Bk salaries to be subsidised.
    This is provided we have an owner willing to spend to the potential of the new rules..

Isn't that the thing that replaced the junior marquee thing a few years back? Am sure pv4 was saying that a few weeks/months ago.
    Yep I've been saying it for ages now, but never had it confirmed.

Robbie Middleby was the first I saw to refer to it in that way - turns out he wasn't talking BS!
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    This is positive for us as we didn't use full salary cap and gives potential for both Bk salaries to be subsidised.
    This is provided we have an owner willing to spend to the potential of the new rules..
    Yep. If they don't want to spend outside the FFA TV deal funded salary cap, all of this stuff means nothing for us. It's HUGE for the Sydney and Melbourne clubs, especially City who can now get a second marquee.

Also goes a fair way to supporting MFNE's rumour about Thwaite gone from Perth and a striker coming in. Can only happen if the two marquee thing changed.

Yep. If they don't want to spend outside the FFA TV deal funded salary cap, all of this stuff means nothing for us. It's HUGE for the Sydney and Melbourne clubs, especially City who can now get a second marquee.

Also goes a fair way to supporting MFNE's rumour about Thwaite gone from Perth and a striker coming in. Can only happen if the two marquee thing changed.
    Actually... if we weren't at the cap last year, we potentially have another 5% this year that we can use...

Though given we fired everyone and their costs had to be in the cap, I can't imagine we had much space.

I feel like I've argued it on here several times, but I think this Salary Cap banking rule is confirmation that clubs do not just get given a lump sum of money to the full extent of the cap each month, and whatever they don't spend they can keep. It hasn't ever worked like this. Whatever clubs didn't spend in the cap, the FFA did NOT give them the leftover money. So there was no financial benefit from not spending the entirety of the cap.
    OK

Time to sign Scott Pettit.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I feel like I've argued it on here several times, but I think this Salary Cap banking rule is confirmation that clubs do not just get given a lump sum of money to the full extent of the cap each month, and whatever they don't spend they can keep. It hasn't ever worked like this. Whatever clubs didn't spend in the cap, the FFA did NOT give them the leftover money. So there was no financial benefit from not spending the entirety of the cap.
    except for money saved on:
    - physios
    - accommodation
    - flights
    - medical
    - kit
    - overheads

I get what you're saying, but it seems a little simplistic to argue that there are no costs related to employing a player that aren't covered by the salary cap.

- physios
    - accommodation
    - flights
    - medical
    - kit
    - overheads
    Don't forget Hoe's.
    Hoe's be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Don't forget Hoe's.
    Hoe's be expensive.
    Depends - can be http://www.bunnings.com.au/cyclone-l...-hoe-_p3358751

Or you can go with the cheaper model http://www.bunnings.com.au/fiskars-p...-hoe-_p3350239
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

- physios
    - accommodation
    - flights
    - medical
    - kit
    - overheads

Money not saved on
    - Pingers

- physios
    - accommodation
    - flights
    - medical
    - kit
    - overheads

I get what you're saying, but it seems a little simplistic to argue that there are no costs related to employing a player that aren't covered by the salary cap.
    I don't doubt any of that. I've just always argued against the people who think Tinkler just got handed in cash the leftover money that we weren't hypothetically using from the cap.
    OK

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/f...h1ig6tb3cjgxzg

- Loan period now up to 14 weeks from 10
    pretty sure that this is Guest players, so come January City can sign anyone outside of the cap and they can play finals.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Does the Guest player count towards the Visa spots?
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Does the Guest player count towards the Visa spots?
    Didn't last season when they had Villa.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1227480018012

N A-League strike is a real prospect for the first time, after players reacted with fury to being told their bosses no longer have to recognise their union.

In what was being described on the players’ side as “unprecedented step”, they were told Football Federation Australia had pulled out of the agreement that has governed all relations between FFA and players since 2007.

Though FFA insist they want to replace it with a new agreement, the move marks a radical amplification of the pay-and-conditions dispute that has spiralled since last season, as negotiations over a new pay deal (CBA) have broken down amid acrimony on both sides.

For the first time, PFA bosses are refusing to rule out strike action two months out from the start of the A-League’s 11th season.

The so-called Memorandum of Understanding commits FFA to collective bargaining with the PFA, as well as to the independent grievance process that players and clubs use to settle disputes. It also governs player welfare programmes and club v country issues over international call-ups.

The MoU expires tomorrow, and FFA have written to the PFA to say it will not roll over while negotiations continue. It has underpinned all negotiations for the past eight years, but talks over a “whole-of-game” collective pay deal - taking in the Socceroos, Matildas and the A-League - have foundered in recent months, with claims of officials storming out of meetings as tensions have risen.

The PFA were angered by changes to the salary cap rules announced yesterday, they claim without any consultation and which freeze the overall cap for the next two seasons - although greater allowances outside it were also introduced.

“The announcement unilaterally imposes the salary cap freeze rejected by the players in the CBA negotiations which will largely undermine the reforms and place even greater pressure on the A-League’s core player group,” said PFA CEO Adam Vivian.

“FFA has left the PFA and the players with no option but to take the necessary steps to secure the rights and wellbeing of Socceroos, Matildas and A-League players under Australian industrial law.”

It’s understood that all options are now on the table, including industrial action for the first time.

But A-League boss Damien De Bohun rejected the idea that FFA would seek to derecognise the union, and said the union had been advised of the salary cap changes a week ago.

He insisted that all the changes to the salary cap had been made under the terms of the MoU, and said FFA wanted to introduce a new version of it to replace historical provisions that no longer applied.

“FFA continues to be committed to ensuring an appropriate MoU is agreed between FFA and the PFA, alongside any CBA, and any assertion that FFA has no intention to move forward without a CBA or MOU is scurrilous,” he said.

“The fact remains that the current MOU expires on Friday and after eight years the details of some aspects are now out-dated and need to be altered to reflect the current landscape, which the FFA is committed to resolving.

“Over the last six months, the FFA and PFA have had more than 20 meetings in relation to the CBA.”

PFA and Vivian need to have a good hard look at themselves.

FFA up the salary floor by 5% and gave Clubs that can afford it the chance to pay the PFA's constituents more money.
    PFA need to understand that they have a job of protecting the game of football as well as football players. If the PFA are just going to bleed football for all the money they can get, in the long term they're going to ruin the game that they and their constituents rely on
    I'M GULLIBLE!