Page 103 of 123 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2441

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    What like when the union agreed to a salary cap freeze for a few years in exchange for greater contract security from the FFA after the fury collapse. Go ask the laundry list of players who have been screwed out of wages and super from the FFA's hand picked owners. Where was the FFA making sure that the players got a fair compensation for the theft of their entitlements.

If the FFA isn't responsible for the actions of their owners then why is the PFA expected to be held to a greater standard. If you ask me the owners and FFA have brought a lot of this on themselves with the disregard for how some of the owners have acted.
    No argument their FFA are far from clean in this instance also.

Like it or not the yanks have the best system.
    Each player is own by the MLS and are leased out to the franchises. The League pays the players wages directly by using the revenue from the broadcasting rights. I'm not sure how the DP positions work exactly, the League still pay their wages but they bill the franchise they lease them to I think.
    This is the System the A-League should adopted I think.

Still I think the PFA are asking for to much of the pie, I seen a figure that the PFA are seeking 30% of the FFA overall revenue. My personal opinion is that the PFA should be entitled to 50% of the A-League/Socceroo/Matilda Broadcasting revenue. The PFA asking for 30% of overall revenue is asking for money that doesn't belong to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Plague you so have to be self employed. I understand where you are coming from. And also understand other points of view. Having a family business but also employed by an international company I can see both points of view. Hopefully it all balances out in the end and they can sit down and talk like adults. Which never happens..

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Plague you so have to be self employed. I understand where you are coming from. And also understand other points of view.
    I don't have a particular point of view.
    People just need to understand that the PFA have one job, and are doing it to thier best ability.

Not saying it's right or wrong. But expecting them to care about shit that ain't their job is like expecting the players to mark the lines and pump up the balls.

Adam Edgar signs with Huddersfield, he had a cup of coffee with the Youth Team a year or 2 ago.

Ray Gatt saying the Roar has failed to meet player payments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Ray Gatt saying the Roar has failed to meet player payments.
    The FFA need to act fast because without Brisbane we don't have a competition.

we have no competition as to whose management is the most garbage tho

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I don't have a particular point of view.
    People just need to understand that the PFA have one job, and are doing it to thier best ability.

Not saying it's right or wrong. But expecting them to care about shit that ain't their job is like expecting the players to mark the lines and pump up the balls.
    I don't understand what the role of the PFA actually is given the dominance of player managers in the bargaining process with clubs.
    It's one thing to have assistance in the bargaining process but it's another thing altogether to have both private and collective representation as well.

Even Karl Marx would be shaking his head at the role the PFA has assumed for itself.

The clubs are on a hiding to nothing as well because player claims are based upon the income the governing body makes rather than what the clubs themselves make.

It would be like someone working at a Newcastle computer store basing their wage claims on the profits of Microsoft.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 17-08-2015 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    That's Rugby League, isn't it?

We don't have a comp without Western Sydney because, after all, they invented it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    No South, no Australian Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    No South, no Australian Premier League.
    5 years tops!

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/c...z13qmbwy3jzrbx

ANOTHER Pre season game vs the scum in Gosford... I wish they would stop ruining the derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    I
    ANOTHER Pre season game vs the scum in Gosford... I wish they would stop ruining the derby.
    In orange! Still an outrage

Scum use the central west as a development zone - have Western Marniners teams out here. Dont know why we agreed to it though.
    Last edited by westjet; 21-08-2015 at 03:09 PM.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post

it's no wonde the "derby" has lost its bite considering we play them in 3 friendlies a year.

it's a disgrace.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

once again the goons in charge show they have no idea, why bother getting people to buy into the "rivalry" when all they do is dilute it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    cannot believe we are playing in orange.. should be in blue and red. even better gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Stephen Thompson confirmed.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    playing in orange is pretty much 100% confirmation that Dundee United are taking us over

put it in the Newcastle Herald - it's happening

The town Orange, not the colour....