Page 114 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2441

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Fair enough I reckon, keep it calm.

If we want emotional pandemonium we just need Hutch and Griff to appear prematch in sunglasses, a la WWE managers and have a face off.

Hutch pushes Griff and Sasho flies out of the crowd with a chair to the head of Hutcho, grabs the mic, denounces his Gyponess and apologises for the 2008 semi final comeback - game on.
    I think it's a pretty good indication of the shittiness of the coast that we've had quite a number of people turn their back on the scum and head north.

McBreen ran off to China to escape them and then came back to coach in Newy. Gumprecht coaches in Newy as well, doesn't he?
    Sasho, Holland, Boogaard, Mitchell saw the light and came to us.

Are there any examples of Newy folk turning gypo?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I think it's a pretty good indication of the shittiness of the coast that we've had quite a number of people turn their back on the scum and head north.

McBreen ran off to China to escape them and then came back to coach in Newy. Gumprecht coaches in Newy as well, doesn't he?

Pv4
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Pv4
    I said Newy folk.

Musialik

Stuey is back in Newy
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Musialik
    Realised his mistake, never played a game and moved to Rosebuds, didn't he?

Troy Hearfield went to Mariners. Now Playing for Weston Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Hutch pushes Griff and Sasho flies out of the crowd with a chair to the head of Hutcho, grabs the mic, denounces his Gyponess and apologises for the 2008 semi final comeback - game on.
    Holy shit, I lost it reading this.. hahaha..
    Well in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I don't agree with this. We shouldn't be saying that in the media. It's important to the fans.

I hope the message behind closed doors is different.

This is, in my opinion, the first thing I can recall Miller has said wrong.
    Of course it's important to fans, but it shouldn't change the way the team prepare for it. And let's be honest, why would Trifunovic, Alivodic, Leonardo, Carney and whoever the Mariners have signed this season give two shits about this game more then when they play any other club? The derby concept is a joke when the players keep changing. If both clubs can keep the same group of players for a few years, then maybe we'll see it ramp up a bit but you can't expect it to happen out of nowhere.

I don't want Miller to come out swinging. I don't want them to change what they're doing. I don't want the players to feel like they have to act differently on the pitch just because we demand it? And what, see Boogaard get so caught up in the derby and he's sent off within 20 minutes? Let the Mariners work on the pre-match banter and we'll just do the job on the pitch. The 3 points today is absolutely sweeter than anything else.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Of course it's important to fans, but it shouldn't change the way the team prepare for it. And let's be honest, why would Trifunovic, Alivodic, Leonardo, Carney and whoever the Mariners have signed this season give two shits about this game more then when they play any other club? The derby concept is a joke when the players keep changing. If both clubs can keep the same group of players for a few years, then maybe we'll see it ramp up a bit but you can't expect it to happen out of nowhere.

I don't want Miller to come out swinging. I don't want them to change what they're doing. I don't want the players to feel like they have to act differently on the pitch just because we demand it? And what, see Boogaard get so caught up in the derby and he's sent off within 20 minutes? Let the Mariners work on the pre-match banter and we'll just do the job on the pitch. The 3 points today is absolutely sweeter than anything else.
    Complete and utter bullshit.

If these blokes on our side don't buy into the derby they can **** right off.
    If Millertime doesn't buy into the derby he can **** right off
    If anyone at the club isn't buying into the derby they can **** right off

Our fans ****ing care about it and it is high time those at the club showed the same level of passion and commitment to the cause.

Winning these games V Gypos are more important to me than any other game this or any season.

If these khunts don't get that then they can **** off

I personally couldn't give two ****s about the lack of talking it up from our club this week. I think it is actually a good thing

What I do give a **** about is that when those blokes in gold walk out on the pitch today they tear in and play for their fans at the intensity we deserve and tear into the Gypo filth. That is Millertimes job today and this week to instill a level of raised commitment and passion from these ****s so they all play like Griff come 5:15 today

Publicly "bigging up" the derby has resulted in some draws over the past 3 years.

If a more controlled approach from the coaching staff and players gets us a massive 3 points over this lot, I'll gladly take it.

It's up to us to go mental, and the players to give us something to go crazy for.

3-0 Jets today. Get on it

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Complete and utter bullshit.

If these blokes on our side don't buy into the derby they can **** right off.
    If Millertime doesn't buy into the derby he can **** right off
    If anyone at the club isn't buying into the derby they can **** right off

Our fans ****ing care about it and it is high time those at the club showed the same level of passion and commitment to the cause.

Winning these games V Gypos are more important to me than any other game this or any season.

If these khunts don't get that then they can **** off

I personally couldn't give two ****s about the lack of talking it up from our club this week. I think it is actually a good thing

What I do give a **** about is that when those blokes in gold walk out on the pitch today they tear in and play for their fans at the intensity we deserve and tear into the Gypo filth. That is Millertimes job today and this week to instill a level of raised commitment and passion from these ****s so they all play like Griff come 5:15 today
    No it wasn't bullshit - it just doesn't match your opinion.

I don't care if they're fired up or not. What I care about is that they turn up switched on, play the football they're capable of, and get the 3 points.

I don't care if they're fired up or not. What I care about is that they turn up switched on, play the football they're capable of, and get the 3 points.

Well don't being "fired up" and "switched on" go hand in hand?

Go to youtube and checkout some Derbies like Everton-Liverpool, Lazio-Roma, the Milan derby or the Manchester derby and see what it means to not only the fans but more importantly the players....why should we not expect anything less from our players but to give their all?

There is a big difference between being calm in the media and getting fired up behind closed doors, or going retard like the other mob to try to get more than 20 blokes hitch-hiking to Turton Rd.
    As you dont know what is happening in the sheds maybe wait and see what eventuates on the pitch.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

I can see what you're saying and I think you're right in so much as that's the approach we are taking. What you say makes sense
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Well don't being "fired up" and "switched on" go hand in hand?

Go to youtube and checkout some Derbies like Everton-Liverpool, Lazio-Roma, the Milan derby or the Manchester derby and see what it means to not only the fans but more importantly the players....why should we not expect anything less from our players but to give their all?
    Not necessarily. Being fired up too much can mean losing sight of what's actually important. We might want a coastie or two to cop some hard tackles and broken ankles and see our players flying in all over the pitch, but ultimately it doesn't mean anything if we don't win the game. Being switched on means knowing exactly what they need to do to win the game and not lose concentration, like we have in our two losses this season.

And you clearly haven't watched any of the Manchester derbies from the last few years - the last one in particular was one of the most boring games I've ever watched in my life (and I'm a United fan so I'm not picking on them with bias). The derby meant nothing to the players. Why would it? None of them are from Manchester.

And at no point did I say the players shouldn't give their all. In fact they should be doing that EVERY game, not just the derbies.

^^^
    Okay the Manchester derby is a bad example.

I get what you are saying Halo but you are probably over-analysing what "fired up" means.

To me "fired up" means you are basically showing you care about your own pride and the pride of the club you are representing and that these scumbags will not run roughshod over.
    I will never forget the '08 Grand Final, one of the first exchanges Hutch goes in hard on Griff in an overzealous challenge with probably the intent to injure him and at the very least to get one up in the psychological battle by intimidation, Tarek comes in and grabs Hutch by the throat and basically set the tone for the rest of the match with his action in defending Griff......hey today you will not get the better of us you filthy grubs!!!

That's what "fired up" means and the intent is usually set in the initial stages to make it clear to the opposition that you mean business today and will not be intimidated....then hopefully you can focus on the football and your game plan.

And theres the game plan.....play like griff..... you will get everything needed

Banned
    Not necessarily. Being fired up too much can mean losing sight of what's actually important. We might want a coastie or two to cop some hard tackles and broken ankles and see our players flying in all over the pitch, but ultimately it doesn't mean anything if we don't win the game. Being switched on means knowing exactly what they need to do to win the game and not lose concentration, like we have in our two losses this season.

And you clearly haven't watched any of the Manchester derbies from the last few years - the last one in particular was one of the most boring games I've ever watched in my life (and I'm a United fan so I'm not picking on them with bias). The derby meant nothing to the players. Why would it? None of them are from Manchester.

And at no point did I say the players shouldn't give their all. In fact they should be doing that EVERY game, not just the derbies.
    Glad to see this attitude of not actually playing with fire in the belly worked well today.
    Last time we won a derby we won it because we got stuck in. Zads launched at Rose.

The one with the bigger fire in the belly wins the games.

Until we get this into our heads we won't win **** all.

You have to want it more. Our blokes just don't get it and haven't got it for ****ing years