Page 117 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 2441

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

I think the majority deserve it, but at the risk of incriminating the innocent its not the go.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jUXhUa...ature=youtu.be

Well this opens a can of worms.
    It seems that some off the names release are minors and releasing the details of minors is a criminal offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I think some of you blokes may be underestimating the legal hoops and vetting process that go on in that organisation.

They've been doing these shitkhunt things for ever and very very rarely get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I think some of you blokes may be underestimating the legal hoops and vetting process that go on in that organisation.

They've been doing these shitkhunt things for ever and very very rarely get it wrong.
    I agree on most parts with that, however if it's true and Minors have been named then New Limited and Wilson do not have a leg to stand on.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Yup. Tapping the phones of politicians, sports people, and celebrities didn't put them [News Limited Execs] in the cooler so I doubt this will either.

Democracy at its best.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 24-11-2015 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Yup. Tapping the phones of politicians, sports people, and celebrities didn't put them [News Limited Execs] in the cooler so I doubt this will either.
    Don't forget dead people, they tapped them too.

North terrace and rbb to walk out during their matches this weekend.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-2...rotest/6970968

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/11/24...y-to-the-fans/

And gallop tells anybody outside sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or perth to **** off and find another sport. It's all about the derbies baby.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post

Oh no, how will we all get by?

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/11/24...y-to-the-fans/

And gallop tells anybody outside sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or perth to **** off and find another sport. It's all about the derbies baby.
    He's got a point though. Not as if they all haven't been down this road a thousand times before.

Surely tapping into the 350 odd thousand Canberrans would be better than further diluting the crowded Sydney and Melbourne fan bases from all codes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Surely tapping into the 350 odd thousand Canberrans would be better than further diluting the crowded Sydney and Melbourne fan bases from all codes.
    putting it simply for the league to ever pay for itself it needs more eyeballs than bums on seats.
    the best performed club in the league gets approx 50% of revenue from matchday tickets and they barely make a dollar averaging 27K crowds (major football/NFL teams are about 20-25%). The clubs need that TV money first then they can fund the smaller teams.

Cant find fault with Gallops comments, he's just being honest. And yeah its sucks but look at NRL it took them best part of 75 years to put a team outside a capital city (old people may correct me on that).
    Now they can plop them anywhere because they have all that 'walking around' money from the TV.

A-Leagues been going for 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

lol, big deal... Jets fans have walked out that often that oppo fans now sing "we can see you sneaking in"....

watched a good discussion with Rebecca Wilson last night regarding the Tele article.
    She's right on way more issues than she's wrong on. The legalities of printing the list seem tight so id be shocked if anyone can challenge it.
    As for the leak, it was a list provided to every stadium/club and police in every city with a team. Could have come from anywhere, it wasn't a secret.
    She conceded the appeals process wasn't fair, but by screaming about the perceived 'innocents' on that list compared to the overwhelming majority of 'guilty' people on it shows that people are totally missing the point.

the point is there is a very very easy solution to all of this but the people involved won't be part of it, they continue to blame everyone else around them for their issues then sadly nothing will change.

Make no mistake, the FFA is going to win this argument.

(there was no mention of the geneva convention though).
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Newcastle Rebels were one of the nine foundation clubs in 1908.
    Television has killed NFL. It used to take little more than an hour to watch a game. Now it's a stop start pile of shit lasting three hours plus to satisfy the broadcasters, sponsors, and so on.
    Cricket is a another prime example - limited over and 20/20 have absolutely killed the game but the revenue created by it is undenaible.
    I can't comment on Football in England because I have had little if any interest in it since the EPL started.
    It's all become a giant whorehouse with little if any substance.

Unfortunately, without the TV money the games pretty much dead in the water.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 25-11-2015 at 09:57 AM.

Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Television has killed NFL. It used to take little more than an hour to watch a game. Now it's a stop start pile of shit lasting three hours plus to satisfy the broadcasters, sponsors, and so on.
    Cricket is a another prime example - limited over and 20/20 have absolutely killed the game but the revenue created by it is undenaible.

Unfortunately, without the TV money the games pretty much dead in the water.
    and I guess that's where the debate is.
    You say these sports are 'worse' because of TV and it can also be said they are more popular which can be another way of measuring it as 'better'.

Both these things can be true.

IMHO NFL has the best business model out of all of them. They resist the change to more games that would provide easy revenue in favour of doing a better job making each game more of an event.

Of course there are still flaws but hopefully FFA doesn't look to solve all its woes by having 375 derbies every season.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Again though, preaching to the converted.

solves nothing.

Banned

So as for referencing how many times these flogs have protests this season I am thinking Nth Terrace walk out it is 1 RBB walk out is 2

Even though they may be carrying on over the same issue for statistical purposes if the planned protests go ahead we get the tally to 2 and not 1

watched a good discussion with Rebecca Wilson last night regarding the Tele article.
    She's right on way more issues than she's wrong on. The legalities of printing the list seem tight so id be shocked if anyone can challenge it.
    As for the leak, it was a list provided to every stadium/club and police in every city with a team. Could have come from anywhere, it wasn't a secret.
    She conceded the appeals process wasn't fair, but by screaming about the perceived 'innocents' on that list compared to the overwhelming majority of 'guilty' people on it shows that people are totally missing the point.

the point is there is a very very easy solution to all of this but the people involved won't be part of it, they continue to blame everyone else around them for their issues then sadly nothing will change.

Make no mistake, the FFA is going to win this argument.

(there was no mention of the geneva convention though).
    Oh don't get me wrong I agree somewhat with Wilson, however the morality of releasing the names of people and publicly shaming them when many on that list have not been convicted of any criminal offenses and they have no avenue of appeal over there bans.

Has she made an individual assessment on all of the 198 people's cases and bans to form the opinion that the majority are guilty of being "Hooligans" and "a risk to the safety of the public" or is she once again just shooting her mouth of after hearing one side of the story?

As to how she got the list.
    Whoever gave it to her be it from FFA, Police or a Stadium they have breached a confidential agreement. Those who where banned were notified that there information was released to Police and Stadium Management under a confidential agreement and that there information was to only be used for security purposes.
    I'M GULLIBLE!