Page 18 of 123 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

I wouldn't believe a thing that came out of Tinklers mouth in that interview.

Said some things that out of the mouth of anyone else (like a stable owner/chairman/CEO) I may have given more credence to, but out of his mouth its nothing but delivering his story.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Complete horse shit on Hoole.
    Every time I seen him he was in Griffo's pocket

I also heard he was offered 110k and Smurfs offered the same and the only reason he walked is the club being a disaster
    He is pretty young, maybe he is telling both sides what they want to hear.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    He is pretty young, maybe he is telling both sides what they want to hear.
    Hoole is hanging on Griffo's every word.

Tinks is full of shit on this subject

Tinks taking advice from Stubbins.

This is why people with zero football knowledge shouldn't be the sole decision makers.

It'd be like me running a construction company or mechanical engineering firm and sack my experienced employees based on advice from the the first year apprentices

I am not doubting you, just saying a 19 explaining his reasons to someone as imposing as Nathan Tinkler may stretch the truth to make a difficult conversation go a little easier.

I have certainly quit jobs where I couldn't stand the joint but told them I was resigning for other reasons so not to burn bridges
    Last edited by borat; 29-01-2015 at 09:17 PM.

He also sounded quite rational.

That's why I tweeted about the Divide and Conquer thing. Sounds rational until you look at the whole history of his ownership, his appointments to roles, and now criticising Palmer and Middleby, and yet is now showing a complete disregard for the collective bargaining agreement and contract terms with players. Didn't even bother to notify them that he had terminated them.

He is making himself out to be an innocent victim but the facts don't match his story. He is trying to get the gullable onside. Yeah right, he's squeaky clean.

A few prickly questions showed his temper wasn't far from the surface eg. the outstanding debt and his FFA response.

Would trust him as far as I could throw him...so I guess that means I don't trust him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    That's why I tweeted about the Divide and Conquer thing. Sounds rational until you look at the whole history of his ownership, his appointments to roles, and now criticising Palmer and Middleby, and now his complete disregard for contract terms with players, or bothering to notify them that he had terminated them.

He is making himself out to be an innocent victim but the facts don't match his story. He is trying to get the gullable onside.

A few prickly questions showed his temper wasn't far from the surface eg. the outstanding debt and his FFA response.

Would trust him as far as I could throw him...so I guess that means I don't trust him at all.
    . If the players are being paid their entitlements in full where is the disregard for contract terms?

. If the players are being paid their entitlements in full where is the disregard for contract terms?
    The PFA statement said that under the CBA it either has to be a mutually agreed termination or a termination on grounds of a breach by the players. Since the players hadn't breached their contracts, the only way to get rid of them is by mutually agreed termination, and they obviously had no prior knowledge because some of them were not even notified before it hit the media.

It goes against the principle of maintaining the good name of an innocent player, as it could severly impact their future career. I think it should be grounds for legal damages on top of contract payout.

How can you trust a guy who says he is going to change the culture of a club for the better when he acts like a cvnt changing the culture?
    Last edited by hausmann; 29-01-2015 at 09:39 PM.

That's why I tweeted about the Divide and Conquer thing. Sounds rational until you look at the whole history of his ownership, his appointments to roles, and now criticising Palmer and Middleby, and yet is now showing a complete disregard for the collective bargaining agreement and contract terms with players. Didn't even bother to notify them that he had terminated them.

He is making himself out to be an innocent victim but the facts don't match his story. He is trying to get the gullable onside. Yeah right, he's squeaky clean.

Well said

How can you trust a guy who says he is going to change the culture of a club for the better when he acts like a cvnt changing the culture?
    I don't trust Tinkler either, but I think despite that he may have finally made a good call. As long as the players receive all their entitlements under their contract I have no problem moving them on.

I don't see the claim for damages and this is a topic I know a bit about.

I don't trust Tinkler either, but I think despite that he may have finally made a good call. As long as the players receive all their entitlements under their contract I have no problem moving them on.

I don't see the claim for damages and this is a topic I know a bit about.
    Well that is the line the PFA are taking and it makes sense to me. They are basically saying that there is no mutually agreed termination so as far as they are concerned the players are still employed by the Jets. If Tinkler is willing to unfairly dismiss them he will be in breach of contract. That is their line in the sand.
    Last edited by hausmann; 29-01-2015 at 09:52 PM.

I don't trust Tinkler either, but I think despite that he may have finally made a good call.
    Whether it is a good call or not, the way he has done it should show you that nothing cultural will change because he is still the one acting like a cvnt and he will still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post

It'd be like me running a construction company or mechanical engineering firm and sack my experienced employees based on advice from the the first year apprentices
    whats happening in mining industry, not quite the first year apprentices but yeah..... its beyond a joke... i just feel i can stand and be there for all you guys back home
    Amigos Aarau

Another source on Twitter claims the disciplinary reasons behind the sacking of one player are a lot more serious than people realise and nothing to do with the revolt

[edit - source is a player agent and seems credible. Claims police involvement]
    if said player agent is bridges then credible may not be the word for him (i have no knowledge about any of this, just thinking out loud)

You obviously don't know Andrew, don't think he hangs on anyone's every word.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    these blokes are made of steel, who are they? they need kudos
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Caravella, jeronimo and Neville is my mail.
    These 3 just earned hero points

agree
    i dont want him to even try. feels like dirty whore money. get out ya grub.

A-League: Newcastle Jets coach Phil Stubbins says sackings needed to change environment
    Barry Toohey The Daily Telegraph January 29, 2015 11:11PM SHARE

UNDER-FIRE Newcastle Jets coach Phil Stubbins has broken his silence over the mass sackings at the club, saying five years of sub-standard results had forced the hand of owner Nathan Tinkler.

But he dismissed calls for his own head after a season that has yielded just one win from 15 matches, telling The Daily Telegraph on Thursday night his sacking would not fix the club’s losing culture.

Tinkler stunned the A-League on Wednesday night when he terminated the contracts of leading players Joel Griffiths, David Carney, Kew Jaliens, Billy Celeski and Adrian Madashi.

It followed the axing earlier in the day of three of Stubbins’ coaching staff including his assistant Clayton Zane.

Late on Thursday, the Professional Footballers Australia players’ union weighed in, warning the Jets of potential court action if the terminations aren’t reversed, claiming they were unlawful.

But Stubbins, who has been widely criticised for his role in the blood-letting, said significant change was needed across the board to properly address the club’s problems.

“There has been five years of suffering here which hasn’t just happened overnight,” he said.

“Some tough decisions have been made which were very difficult but they have been made with a view to fixing the problems.”
    Defending his own position against claims he should have been sacked himself, Stubbins said getting rid of the coach was the easy option.

“They’ve tried sacking coaches here in the past but it hasn’t worked ” Stubbins said, referring to the Jets axing of former coaches Branko Culina and Gary van Egmond.

“Getting rid of the coach - that’s what usually happens when a team under-performs but it’s the environment that needs to change.

“If another coach exits here, what changes? Nothing changes in my view. The past five years prove that.

“So many players have left this club and gone on to have success elsewhere. They have gone to a more effective environment - it’s simple.”

Stubbins admits he has a major challenge on his hands to turn fortunes around quickly and win over the complete support of the remaining players left at the club.

He met briefly with the playing group early on Thursday as Tinkler declared the blood-letting was over.

“There’s some angst here at the moment which is understandable but the new Newcastle Jets will be a more aligned professional environment that allows for more effective outcomes,” Stubbins said.

“The meetings today have been about pulling together and moving forward in a positive fashion.”

Ousted assistant coach Zane, who will be replaced by Jets Youth coach James Pascoe in the role, admitted his sacking had caught him off-guard but said he was feeling more for the players who’d been terminated.

He believed the relationship between the playing group and Stubbins had been waning for some time.

“In doing what they did, they obviously felt it was in the best interests of the club,” Zane said.

Players’ union boss Vivian said legal avenues will be investigated if Tinkler refused to remedy the situation in relation to the sacked players immediately.

“We have a collective bargaining agreement (CBA) in place and it must be complied with,” CEO Adam Vivian said.

“The actions of the club in attempting to terminate the contracts of the players without satisfactory justification are not in accordance with the CBA.

“Accordingly, it is the position of the PFA that all five players remain contracted members of the squad and are protected by the CBA.”
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/football...20Bloodletting over as Jets prepare for new era

This bloke is delusional! Yes we need to fix the culture of the club but Stubbins has failed at that and made it worse and now thinks he can turn it around. Get the **** out of our club.

Something that Stubbins has failed to mention, or perhaps even notice, is that the two coaches the club have sacked (GVE, Culina) have not been touched at all by an A-League club since they were sacked. So that tells me that not only was it evident to us, but the entire league, that they were not up to scratch.

If the club has a history/culture of hiring coaches that are not up to standard, that would mean Phil was picked from that culture.
    OK