Page 2 of 123 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

Mullen I thought had a terrific few runs in the ACL for WSW, but in the league I've found him quite underwhelming.

I'd still much rather have him as a RB, CB or even LB option than Gallaway, and if it is true as reported that a swap deal looks likely for the two, I say we're the winners out of the deal.

If we sign Mullen, I could see Neville become CB (I've liked what I've seen of him in the 3 man backline, and as CB when we've gone from 3 to 4 backs).
    OK

Banned
    Yep so a bloke not wanted by Adelaide Victree and Melburn is now suddenly gonna be great acquisition for us??

I need a bit of convincing that he is gonna improve our side rather than just be another bloke achieving the same results as the rest of them

We have tried plenty of combinations of our current roster and can't find any sort of balance or backbone, maybe just changing for similar ilk players, especially AFC CL winners, is all we can hope for at the moment. We have no money to spend and no quality players will want to come until Tinks is gone. We will just have to find good fringe players and hope that they can offer something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Yep so a bloke not wanted by Adelaide Victree and Melburn is now suddenly gonna be great acquisition for us??

I need a bit of convincing that he is gonna improve our side rather than just be another bloke achieving the same results as the rest of them
    Topper & ljubo.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

FFA to send hirachy to newy monday

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/nat...08-12khqw.html

Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    Typical FFA. "While your up there for the Japan game, just pop your head in at the Jets". Is it too far for them to make a special trip from Sydney or something?

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    Typical FFA. "While your up there for the Japan game, just pop your head in at the Jets". Is it too far for them to make a special trip from Sydney or something?
    What are they going to find out in person that they wouldn't already know anyway?
    Jets would be sending plenty of faxes and telegrams keeping FFA up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    What are they going to find out in person that they wouldn't already know anyway?
    It would just send a signal that they are taking their governance of the league seriously - making a single purpose trip to meet people face to face and eyeball them. When half their attention is focussed on networking in an Asian Cup corporate box, the gesture doesn't quite have the same gravitas. I think it would be better that they continued the line that they are heavily and constantly monitoring the Jets by remote than pretend the trip on Monday is anything other than a pitstop on a junket. They will be too focussed on the Asian Cup to put anyone at the Jets through the wringer.
    Last edited by hausmann; 09-01-2015 at 08:54 AM.

Might be able to meet with middleby and baartz and get the truth now. Nothing beats face to face discussion in ascertaining the true depth of problems.

how stoked would they be that the jets HQ is now at the stadium.

they will pop in at 4.55, say hello and be straight in the corporate box for 5pm.

good planning imo
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Still think the timing of this has Tinkler behind it. He is forcing the FFA's hand, fully knowing that they probably felt they could just leave the Jets situation alone till the Asian Cup was over.

The guys coming up are probably in Melbourne as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Mullen I thought had a terrific few runs in the ACL for WSW, but in the league I've found him quite underwhelming.

I'd still much rather have him as a RB, CB or even LB option than Gallaway, and if it is true as reported that a swap deal looks likely for the two, I say we're the winners out of the deal.

If we sign Mullen, I could see Neville become CB (I've liked what I've seen of him in the 3 man backline, and as CB when we've gone from 3 to 4 backs).
    I think Mullen is well suited to a back 3 which is why Stubbins wants him

It would just send a signal that they are taking their governance of the league seriously - making a single purpose trip to meet people face to face and eyeball them.
    Eyeball who?
    Everyone's quit brah.

Eyeball who?
    Whoever they are coming to see on Monday.

Whoever they are coming to see on Monday.
    Oh I see, the Jets just confirmed on Twitter that they will be represented by the Loch Ness Monster, Slenderman and Milko.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Still think the timing of this has Tinkler behind it. He is forcing the FFA's hand, fully knowing that they probably felt they could just leave the Jets situation alone till the Asian Cup was over.

The guys coming up are probably in Melbourne as we speak.
    The bloke is as cunning as a shit house rat with a gold tooth.

The looks of this is that there is some type of power play on for Tinks trying to force the FFA to take over as the buyers ain't available he might ideally want. The bloke has kept his end of the bargain that they can not take the licence off him and is just pulling the rug out everywhere else to make us a basketcase so they have to act

Can you explain why would Tinks want to give away to the FFA for free one of the few assets he can actually sell?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Because it will end up costing him too much money, eventually if there is no buyer he will be better to cut his losses and run.

So according to stubbins, unlikely there will be any player arrivals thus month

Sounds about right. Well in Stubbs
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out