Page 34 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    NBN reports Tinks paying more debts, Kew gives up, CEO in place and new signing Boogs.

Is the big man slowly turning the tide?
    A quick as the pasha bulker

Banned
    NBN reports Tinks paying more debts, Kew gives up, CEO in place and new signing Boogs.

Popularity??? No

Sad thing is we may be stuck with him for a while yet. Some of the shit he is doing actually says he is serious about turning the club around like he claims.
    Problem is the methods he is using are winning him no fans at all

Until he sacks Stubbins brings Griff back have no time for him at all regardless if he brings in some big name gun players and we are topping the League.

the tide is forever gone under this pair

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Popularity??? No

Sad thing is we may be stuck with him for a while yet. Some of the shit he is doing actually says he is serious about turning the club around like he claims.
    Problem is the methods he is using are winning him no fans at all

Until he sacks Stubbins brings Griff back have no time for him at all regardless if he brings in some big name gun players and we are topping the League.
    Exactly right, no matter what he does to turn the place around from here, no can will ever forget what a complete and utter c@nt he was doing it. People don't forget that.

He could have achieved the same without the carnage he caused.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Exactly right, no matter what he does to turn the place around from here, no can will ever forget what a complete and utter c@nt he was doing it. People don't forget that.

He could have achieved the same without the carnage he caused.
    Exactly. The season is already gone and he could have waited until then adn got rid of both coach and many of the players who would have simply "not been re-signed"
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

http://www.telstra.com.au/latest_off...-a-league.html

Guys... win tickets to see us play!

http://www.telstra.com.au/latest_off...-a-league.html

Guys... win tickets to see us play!
    win?

bit like the pokies bet $1 get 20c back = win.

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Telegraph

FORMER Socceroo David Carney will take his case against the Newcastle Jets to a hearing on Friday that will determine whether club owner Nathan Tinkler has to pay him more than $300,000 to leave the club.

Though Carney was contacted by the Wanderers about a short-term deal to play in the Asian Champions League, he remains focused only on proving that Tinkler acted illegally in sacking him publicly on the basis of a private phone call between the two.

With Carney’s position at the Jets apparently untenable after falling out with coach Phil Stubbins, the Jets will have to pay him out in full for the season and a half left on his contract if he wins the case.

Carney is expected to argue that his dismissal was illegal as the Jets cited three breaches of the code of conduct — when four are required under it for a player to be sacked.

He will also claim that a private phone call — in which Tinkler alleges Carney brought the club into disrepute by badmouthing the coach — can’t be a disciplinary matter as it wasn’t in the public domain.

An FFA-appointed arbiter will hear Friday’s case, with the verdict binding on both parties.

If Carney wins his case he will be allowed to sign for another A-League team as an injury replacement player, guest or marquee player.
    Can't wait to see another $300k lumped on top of Tinks debt, and our salary cap next year too.
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

New Jets leader Mitchell Murphy cuts Stubbins some slack
    By JAMES GARDINER
    Feb. 17, 2015, 10:30 p.m

PHIL Stubbins will be given the resources and the time to turn the Jets around.

How he performs will determine his future at the club.

Stubbins has overseen one win from 17 games in his first season as an A-League head coach. The Jets sit second last, a point above Western Sydney, who have two games in hand, and are in danger of collecting a second wooden spoon.

Determined to stop the rot, new chief executive Mitchell Murphy listed improving the squad as one of three priorities at his opening press conference on Tuesday.

‘‘Categorically, we need to start focusing on rebuilding our squad for 2015-16 and make sure that week in week out we are super competitive,’’ Murphy said.

‘‘Part of that process is that we undergo thorough due diligence to make sure across the park we have the right player with the right skills and, more importantly, the right attitude.’’

There have been calls, initially from the fans and then the players, for Stubbins to be removed. The flashpoint was a club-worst 7-0 humiliation to Adelaide United last month.

Owner Nathan Tinkler stood firm behind the coach, sacked support staff Clayton Zane, Neil Young and Andrew Packer and moved to terminate the five most senior players, two of whom Stubbins signed.

Since the exits and subsequent appointment of Jim Pascoe, Mark Jones and Jesse Vanstrattan to the staff, the Jets were unlucky to lose 2-1 to Brisbane and drew 1-1 with Western Sydney Wanderers.

Asked if Stubbins was under pressure to retain his position, Murphy said: ‘‘The owner has made it very clear that the coach is going nowhere.

‘‘Phil has a contract for next season and he will be given an opportunity to mould his squad for 2015-16, and then, like any coach in any competition, he will then be judged on results.’’

After signing Daniel Mullen, Lee Ki-je and Travis Cooper (injury replacement) to short-term contracts to fill the gaps, the Jets took their first step towards the future on Monday with the addition of Nigel Boogaard on a three-year deal.

Youth team striker Radovan Pavicevic signed a two-year contract on Tuesday and the club has started talks with Mullen and Lee about extending their stays.

‘‘We need a holistic approach to retention and recruitment,’’ Murphy said.

‘‘The announcement of Nigel Boogaard is a great start.

‘‘We are committed to having local talent in our squad, but it needs more than that.

‘‘Categorically, we would be targeting a marquee. There is no doubt about that.’’

Captain Kew Jaliens agreed to a mutual termination on Monday and Murphy hoped to finalise quickly the exit of Joel Griffiths, Billy Celeski, Adrian Madaschi and David Carney.

‘‘I gave a commitment when I walked in the door that I am going to work overtime to try and resolve those matters with those players swiftly,’’ he said.

‘‘Action speaks louder than words. Yesterday we sorted Kew’s situation.

‘‘There is a lot of work to be done ... but it is my desire that we resolve all those issues quickly and amicably. Respectfully, the current situation does not serve the best interests of the club or the players.’’

Jets players and staff are owed superannuation and other entitlements and Tinkler has been put on notice by Football Federation Australia.

‘‘Any potential player, it is human nature and logic that they would want to come to a club that can be perceived as stable,’’ he said. ‘‘That is what we are working towards.

‘‘I can’t do much more than say we have a plan, we have a vision and we are putting processes in place.

‘‘Nigel Boogaard ... obviously believes we are moving forward or he wouldn’t have signed. That is a real springboard to send a message that we are now moving forwards, not backwards.’’

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/28...-slack/?cs=306
    Jeez the new blokes already got the tinks approved speech book. When did we hire Gillard as our spin doctor.
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Murphy looking for club co-owner to start sharing the load
    By ROBERT DILLON

SIX months ago he declared he ‘‘can’t wait’’ to sell the Newcastle Jets, then insisted he was keeping them.

Now Nathan Tinkler appears to be searching for a partner to help pay the bills.

New Jets chief executive Mitchell Murphy said on Tuesday that Tinkler was ‘‘fully committed’’ to the club but had already kicked off the search for a co-owner.

‘‘Publicly I’m not saying anything that is behind closed doors,’’ Murphy said.

‘‘Nathan has publicly said that he has an open mind to entertain a joint venture with a partner or owner.

‘‘I have a mandate with him that we explore those avenues, and we have already started that process. That takes time.

‘‘Again it is complex negotiations. I can tell you transparently that we have begun that process. There are talks – they are preliminary – but there are talks about getting a supporting investor into the club with Nathan.’’

Asked if the preferred alternative was an overseas club or a private investor, Murphy replied: ‘‘It could be either.
    See your ad here

‘‘There are a variety of options. You could form a partnership with an EPL, you could get a private investor, a consortium ... again it could be domestically or abroad.

‘‘Logic says to me that it is probably going to come from abroad.’’

Murphy said most owners of A-League franchises were ‘‘constantly putting their hand in the pocket’’ but was confident the Jets could ultimately become a self-funding operation.

‘‘Melbourne Victory are constantly in profit. We need to understand they have a base of more than 20,000 members.

‘‘My message to the people of the Hunter is simple: the more members we get the easier it will be to make the numbers stack up because it gives us that financial base to work from.

‘‘Is there a business model that can work? If I didn’t think that, I wouldn’t be here.’’

As a business, the Jets needed to ‘‘cut the cloth it can afford’’ and provide their corporate partners with value for money.

‘‘Do I believe we can get this club into the black in the next few years? Yes, I do,’’ he said.

He estimated it would cost Tinkler at least $1million to settle the club’s liabilities.

‘‘My initial reaction is $1million minimum,’’ he said. ‘‘We will probably need more than that, but I need to do due diligence to get an exact figure.’’

His goal was to help transform Newcastle into a club capable of attracting quality players.

‘‘Any potential player, it is human nature and logic that they would want to come to a club that can be perceived as stable,’’ he said. ‘‘That is what we are working towards.

‘‘I can’t do much more than say we have a plan, we have a vision and we are putting processes in place.

‘‘When you look at the calibre of human being that Nigel Boogaard is, he obviously believes we are moving forward or he wouldn’t have signed. That is a real springboard to send a message that we are now moving forwards, not backwards.

‘‘My intention here is not to keep dwelling on what has happened. We have to say this is where we are heading and we have to get on with that job.’’

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/28...e-load/?cs=306
    I'll be extremely shocked if anyone signs up to be Tinks business partner with his history, the current mood of the membership base, the debts that have been racked up by the club & the FFA's potential license removal still hanging over the head of the club.

Players go unpaid as ATO seizes Tinkler revenue stream
    By ROBERT DILLON

THE pressure on Nathan Tinkler intensified on Tuesday when it emerged the Australian Tax Office had stepped in to seize the Football Federation Australia funding used to pay Newcastle Jets players.

All A-League clubs receive a $2.55 million grant each year from FFA, in 12 instalments, to cover player wages.

Newcastle’s employees are supposed to be paid every month on the 15th.

This month the 15th fell on a Sunday, but rather than pay on Friday, Jets officials said the cash would be deposited on Monday.

But by Tuesday night the salaries still had not arrived.

FFA officials said on Tuesday night that they had received assurances from Jets officials that players and staff would receive their money within 24 hours.

Speaking to the media for the first time since joining the Jets, new chief executive Mitchell Murphy sought to explain the delay.

‘‘There is an issue with the ATO, not just the Jets, but with Nathan’s companies,’’ Murphy said.

‘‘Our legal team are talking daily with the ATO.
    See your ad here

‘‘While I can’t put a definitive date on it, what I can say is that those talks are progressing, and progressing well.

‘‘We would hope to have that garnishee order removed in the very near future.’’

The ATO intervention has put further financial strain on Tinkler, who was warned by FFA chief executive David Gallop last week that he had ‘‘a matter of days’’ to settle a host of long-overdue liabilities, in particular an estimated $400,000 in unpaid employee superannuation.

Asked on Tuesday morning if he could guarantee Newcastle’s players would be paid by close of business, Murphy replied: ‘‘To the best of my knowledge the answer is yes. I will know more during the course of the day.’’

But a Professional Footballers Australia spokesman said on Tuesday night that players had not received their salaries.

‘‘The PFA has been in constant contact with its members and can confirm to date they have still not been paid,’’ he said.

‘‘PFA made numerous attempts to contact the club regarding the situation, however, they have been non-responsive.

‘‘Unless the situation is remedied immediately, PFA will consider its legal options.’’

In a statement, a spokesman for governing body FFA declined to comment about the garnishee order but reiterated its desire for Tinkler to honour his obligations.

“It’s a matter for the Newcastle Jets to comment on their particular position in relation to the ATO, but FFA is satisfied with its level of knowledge of the club’s situation,’’ he said.

“That remains at a critical point where undertakings in relation to clearing liabilities need to be fulfilled in the coming days.”

It is not the first time the ATO has moved to garnish the income streams on which Tinkler relies to fund his sporting teams.

It is understood that during his final months as owner of the Newcastle Knights, the ATO tried to seize the club’s $650,000 monthly grant from the NRL.

But by then NRL officials were already withholding the funding because they believed Tinkler’s Hunter Sports Group was in breach of the terms and conditions of the franchise licence.

Murphy said he had been ‘‘in constant dialogue’’ with FFA about resolving the myriad issues relating to the Jets’ debts.

‘‘In my discussions with FFA, I can categorically say they want to work with us to make sure this club survives and is strong,’’ he said.

‘‘I don’t have a definitive date on every specific liability, but I do know that the clock is ticking.

‘‘They want to see some action and I have to demonstrate this week that we are taking steps to resolve those matters.’’

As well as paying the players on Newcastle’s roster, Tinkler is still to finalise severance deals with four of the five players he sacked and two of the three members of the coaching staff he discarded.

In the case of former Socceroo David Carney and former assistant coach Clayton Zane, they both have more than 12 months remaining on the contracts Tinkler is intent on terminating.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/28...stream/?cs=306
    Just when I feared the FFA might be running out of ammo, Tinks normal service resumes, clearly explains the sudden wish of a co-owner / consortium.

Uncle Norman must have turned off the tap.

Hopefully the show cause period will expire soon and the FFA can begin the next process of freeing us from this cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Just when I feared the FFA might be running out of ammo, Tinks normal service resumes, clearly explains the sudden wish of a co-owner / consortium.

Uncle Norman must have turned off the tap.

Hopefully the show cause period will expire soon and the FFA can begin the next process of freeing us from this cancer.
    If this isn't cause enough for the FFA to revoke the licence, I don't know what is! They're giving him money specifically to pay players, that he is not even paying the players with!!
    OK

‘‘I don’t have a definitive date on every specific liability, but I do know that the clock is ticking.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qty_6JqsWNA

So the only question now who is dj jazzy jeff?

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Can't wait to see another $300k lumped on top of Tinks debt, and our salary cap next year too.
    If this happens and we have to pay him out, then tinkler gets the boot from FFA, will they include that next years cap?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

I'd imagine if Tinkler is not the owner next season, they won't hold a new owner accountable for Tinklers errors.

So the new CEO wants us to vote with our feet? I believe that's what happened last Saturday with our lowest crowd in a long time champ.

Heard him say something about taking pot shots from the sideline won't help anybody. Well, I've paid my money and I reserve the right to take shots at whoever is deemed culpable.

It's this arrogane and sense of divine right to more members that really gets under my skin with this management. You have to earn trust in every walk of life, and Tinkler has shattered any illusion we may have had.

In conclusion, GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    So the new CEO wants us to vote with our feet? I believe that's what happened last Saturday with our lowest crowd in a long time champ.

Heard him say something about taking pot shots from the sideline won't help anybody. Well, I've paid my money and I reserve the right to take shots at whoever is deemed culpable.

It's this arrogane and sense of divine right to more members that really gets under my skin with this management. You have to earn trust in every walk of life, and Tinkler has shattered any illusion we may have had.

In conclusion, GTFO
    agree, although not quite at GTFO stage just yet

‘‘My message to the people of the Hunter is simple: the more members we get the easier it will be to make the numbers stack up because it gives us that financial base to work from.

‘‘Is there a business model that can work? If I didn’t think that, I wouldn’t be here.’’
    brilliant! I think we all agree that more members means more money. how about acknowledging the complete shit we pay to watch both on and off the field? god, this guy should be out there grovelling at the feet of members thanking them for still being here. you want 20,000 members? how about starting with ensuring that the majority of current members come back next year by getting this shit sorted!

To clarify, my GTFO was directed towards Tinkler, not Murphy… yet…

Newcastle Jets ‏@NewcastleJetsFC · 38m38 minutes ago
    Carney is a mad dog

????
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Newcastle Jets ‏@NewcastleJetsFC · 38m38 minutes ago
    Carney is a mad dog

????
    Newcastle Jets
    ‏@NewcastleJetsFC
    The account was hacked. We have moved to revoke app access, a common problem. Hopefully this issue is sorted. - Ben