Page 39 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

Waiting for the stopper2 rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Says were moving to the "home of Football" only problem with this is what other facilities are there other than the pitches?
    Ok so there is Speers Point pool for recovery but what about a Gym ect?

http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/a...-1227236533357
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

why would we leave ray watt, its one of the best pitches in Newcastle plus access to the forum, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    why would we leave ray watt, its one of the best pitches in Newcastle plus access to the forum, etc.
    probably cause we haven't paid our bills there in a while, and the uni are sick of dealing with this dick.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Says were moving to the "home of Football" only problem with this is what other facilities are there other than the pitches?

Called it ages ago.

Just saw the back page of The Herald has named the Mariners head coach Glen Moss ops:
    OK

Did let Gardiner know about that
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Central Coast skipper John Hutchinson has ensured his final F3 derby will have a bit more spite, ripping into fierce local rivals the Newcastle Jets for their lack of success in recent years and the treatment of certain players.

In comments which are sure to rile the Jets and their fans, Hutchinson slammed the Hunter club for their treatment of club legend Joel Griffiths and accused them of being in a rebuilding phase for the last five years.

“We’ve proven that we can punch above our weight, obviously this season has been a little bit disappointing, we are trying to make the finals but if we don’t it will only be the third season in 10 that we don’t,” Hutchinson told reporters.

“This club always punches above its weight where if you look at Newcastle, who are meant to have the big community and big club mentality, but I don’t remember the last time they made the finals.

I’m sure the fans and member up there would be very disappointed in what the club produces year in, year out.

“This season’s been a rebuilding season for us and I know Newcastle has been in a rebuilding phase for the last four years, so we’re going through one at the moment.”

While the Mariners have had their problems this season, it’s nothing on the upheaval at the Jets, who have seen half a dozen players leave the club, including 2008 championship-winner Griffiths.

“Me and Griff [Joel Griffiths] have had some great battles, he gave his heart and soul to the Newcastle Jets and it was sad to see the way he got treated and the way he got pushed out of the club,” Hutchinson said.

“They are trying to move on and trying to make the finals but obviously the fans and members will be disappointed with another poor season.

I don’t remember who the captain is at the moment, they just turn players over.

“We try to maintain the players here, we move some players on but most of the players we move on go overseas for big money transfers to help the club move forward.

“It’s always been a good club here, you see the young players develop we don’t hold them up, we let them go, we move them overseas and I think that showed in the last Socceroos game where we had four players at one stage starting.”

Hutchinson has long been public enemy No.1 with the Jets fans and his comments will ensure a hot reception at Hunter Stadium on Saturday.

“I’ll be greeted like I’m always greeted but I think that’s because of what we’ve achieved in the past," the Mariners skipper said.

“We’ve got some great young kids coming through who are going to learn what a derby is all about and take it on board for the Mariners.

“The future is bright here, we’ve got some wonderful footballers and I know that Mossy (coach Phil Moss) and Monty (Nick Montgomery) going forward will be great for the club and the young boys coming through.”

Reflecting on his career ahead of his final F3 derby, Hutchinson said: “It’s surreal at times to think that it will come to an end.

“I’ve done this for 19 years in professional football and 10 years with the Mariners and for it to be coming to an end is a but surreal but I am looking forward to the next part of my life and the next part of my career.”

Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/article/h...cfL4tVxrqwe.99
    nothing he says is untrue. hate the prick even more now.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    nothing he says is untrue. hate the prick even more now.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post

Meanwhile, Melbourne CityFinancialGroup do this:

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/vi...veiled/1149022
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Meanwhile, Melbourne CityFinancialGroup do this:

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/vi...veiled/1149022
    So much better than the Swamp of Exrement or whatever the coastie thing is called.

Some pics for people who don't want to watch a video...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football...-1227240378917

Enter Enver: Alivodić cleared for A-League action

Newcastle Jets today completed the signing of Serbian attacking midfielder Enver Alivodić through to the end of Hyundai A-League season ten.

Alivodić will be available for selection by Phil Stubbins for Saturday’s F3 Derby against Central Coast Mariners at Hunter Stadium.

Jets officials worked through the night to help accelerate the process of attaining Alivodić’s International Transfer Clearance (ITC) in order for him to be available for tomorrow’s match.

Newcastle boss Stubbins said having the 30-year-old available for the important clash against the Phil Moss’s Mariners was a boost for the club.

“Enver has been with us a week now and he’s looking sharper every day,” Stubbins said.

“He’s got the jet-lag out of his body now and given we’re minus Andrew Hoole for tomorrow’s match, there’s every chance we’ll call on him in some capacity to participate in the game.”

“He’s got great ability in wide attacking areas with assists and goals in his locker, so he’s someone that we’re delighted to now have over the line.”

“I have to give a big pat on the back to Nick Deluca (Newcastle Jets Football Operations Manager) for his diligent efforts to expedite Enver’s ITC from Serbia,” he said.

Alivodic has spent the majority of his professional career in the Serbian Superliga, though his move to the Jets is not his first foray abroad to ply his trade. Between 2011 and 2012 Alivodic featured for Cypriot outfit Enosis Neon Paralimni FC.

Alivodic arrives at the Jets from 2014 Serbian Cup winners FK Vojvodina, with whom he played in the UEFA Europa League.

“I am glad to have finally received my clearance,” Alivodic said. “I have played in many derby matches in Serbia for my old clubs, including against Partizan Belgrade and Red Star Belgrade, so I would be very happy to make my debut in an Australian derby.”

“I have been here a week now and I feel sharp,” he said.

Alivodic played his last match in a friendly for Vojvodina in Turkey in January.

new staff?

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    new staff?
    Apparently since 2013?

Football Operations Manager
    Newcastle Jets FC
    2013 – Present (2 years)Newcastle Area, Australia
    Management of day-to-day football-related matters at Newcastle Jets, reporting into CEO.
    Compliance across Football Federation Australia (FFA) regulations, including but not limited to:
    - Total Player Payment (TPP) management, compliance and reporting
    - HAL Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) compliance
    - FFA/HAL Competition Regulations
    • Recruitment panel for key football appointments i.e Head Coach, Medical team & related Football staff
    • Player contract negotiation
    • Football staff & player onboarding
    • Manage all travel and logistics
    Summary
    Lateral thinking individual with extensive experience in people-related, stakeholder management and outcome-driven roles. A strong business and commercial acumen and exposure across diverse industries including Professional Sport, Financial Services and the Education sector.
    With a passion for creating an engaged working environment, I currently lead a Football Department striving to become the best Football club in Australia.

At the Newcastle Jets, my responsibilities are broken in two areas;
    1. Day-to-day running of the Football Department ensuring the department is organised and performs in accordance regulations and compliance of the competition in Australia.
    2. Strategic focus designed to support the Football Department in its endeavours to achieve set goals. We’ve focused on the recruitment of good people and establishment of systems and processes.

The business of sport is a fast paced competitive beast where success is never guaranteed. At the Jets, we have like-minded people driven to plan, prepare and execute activities that built towards a daily, weekly and season goal.

So he hired Stubbins?

**** this guy then.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...il-new-signing

On the day Newcastle Jets announced the signing of Serbian attacking midfielder Enver Alivodic until the end of the A-League season, former club captain Joel Griffiths took a parting shot at club owner Nathan Tinkler and coach Phil Stubbins.

Griffiths arrived in Wellington after a major falling out at Newcastle Jets, where he was axed by Tinkler late last month along with skipper Kew Jaliens (now at Melbourne City), David Carney, Adrian Madaschi and Billy Celeski.

"I just had to get out of there to be honest. I still enjoy my football and I wasn't doing that there," Griffiths, who has signed until season's end for the finals-bound Phoenix, told the assembled media at Phoenix training.

"I'm here now and it's good to be back playing football again, be happy and put a smile on my face."

When probed on his feeling toward the Jets - a club he had three spells at during his A-League career - the 35 year-old chose his words carefully.

"I think it's well documented what has happened there. It's a fresh start and one I'm looking forward to," he said.

"I feel fo their fans and they have been going through a tough time but I'm looking forward and here I am."

Things could have been very different for Griffiths had he decided to head west to link up with Perth Glory after his return from China in 2012.

"Perth have been really good. I just didn't see myself being in that side," Griffiths said.

"They've probably been keen on me for the past three years and I've always kncoed them back.

"I feel really bad for Kenny Lowe in that regard but this opportunity came up and hopefully it can be a memorable year."

While Phoenix coach Ernie Merrick praised his new acquisition and his ability to score goals, Griffiths - who is content to play an 'impact role' as he settles in to his new surroundings - was unconcerned by his image as a 'hot head'.

"When you've got kids you have to be a role model for them," he said.

"I do have that white line fever although it's dimmed a little bit. It's part of my game and I don't think I'm going to change."

Although he has not played for a month, Griffiths said he 'feels good' and is keen to contribute - starting with Sunday's trip to Melbourne Victory.

Meanwhile, Jets coach Stubbins is poised to rush 30 year-old wide-man Alivodic into his side for Saturday's F3 derby against Central Coast Mariners with Andrew Hoole and Ben Kantarovski suspended.

"Enver has been with us a week now and he’s looking sharper every day," Stubbins said.

"He’s got the jet-lag out of his body now and given we’re minus Andrew Hoole for tomorrow’s match, there’s every chance we’ll call on him in some capacity to participate in the game.

"He’s got great ability in wide attacking areas with assists and goals in his locker, so he’s someone that we’re delighted to now have over the line."

Alivodic joins Newcastle from 2014 Serbian Cup winner FK Vojvodina, with whom he played in the 20213-2014 UEFA Europa League qualifying rounds.

"I am glad to have finally received my clearance," Alivodic, who last played a game in January, said.

"I have played in many derby matches in Serbia for my old clubs, including against Partizan Belgrade and Red Star Belgrade, so I would be very happy to make my debut in an Australian derby."

Watching Kickoff this evening....praise for Chapman keeping Kew at right back. Praise for Tarek moving to central defence to let Goodwin slot in at left back.....then Griff on bagging us and getting praise from Ernie.

We are poo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Watching Kickoff this evening....praise for Chapman keeping Kew at right back. Praise for Tarek moving to central defence to let Goodwin slot in at left back.....then Griff on bagging us and getting praise from Ernie.

We are poo.
    Oh, you're meant to KEEP your good players....oh right. ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Tarek........Kew..........Chapman.........Goodwin

Solid back line.

I know Nic Deluca from when I did work experience with the Jets a couple of years ago. He's involved with recruitment to some degree and used to meet with the coaching staff regularly. He does organisational stuff with the players like making sure they are well looked after, etc. He also used to meet with the coaching staff regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    I know Nic Deluca from when I did work experience with the Jets a couple of years ago. He's involved with recruitment to some degree and used to meet with the coaching staff regularly. He does organisational stuff with the players like making sure they are well looked after, etc. He also used to meet with the coaching staff regularly.
    Wonder if he is any relation to Ben of the same last name... :chin: