Page 41 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    30 on 3.

They're getting braver.
    Those black shirt pig rooters cant help emselves. They shat their dacks when a few Melbourne got em.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/29...-squad/?cs=306

how's pascoe the goon, trialling sydney players but won't give lundy a run in the big boys squad

at least put the kid in the deep end for a week and see if he sinks or swims, can't be any worse than the blokes that are out there now

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/29...-squad/?cs=306

how's pascoe the goon, trialling sydney players but won't give lundy a run in the big boys squad

at least put the kid in the deep end for a week and see if he sinks or swims, can't be any worse than the blokes that are out there now
    How much do you know of what's going on here QMan ???

I ain't surprised

Solari on the bench because our goalkeeper coach/former always-injured player did his knee, and our two assistant coaches forced to run the keepers ops:
    OK

I was under the impression that our goalkeeper coach was a squad player because he didn't have his badges to sit on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    I was under the impression that our goalkeeper coach was a squad player because he didn't have his badges to sit on the bench
    As was I
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Did anyone else get the club survey? Took great pleasure in voicing my view on the coach and owner in "any other comments" section

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Did anyone else get the club survey? Took great pleasure in voicing my view on the coach and owner in "any other comments" section
    Damn didn't have time to do it but keen and if any room to give it to 1 in 20 bloke......can't wait
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Banned
    http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/c...mpaign=aleague

Admittedly the bloke has gone well in the last month but seriously we need more and signing him would be like shooting ourselves in the foot

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/c...mpaign=aleague

Admittedly the bloke has gone well in the last month but seriously we need more and signing him would be like shooting ourselves in the foot
    Our midfield needs a serious overhaul before next season.

Kanta moved to centre back for mine. Mullen, boogaard, kanta, Reagan.

Pepper decent role player and cooper but that centre mid area is where the money needs to be spent big IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    but that centre mid area is where the money needs to be spent big IMO.
    Also a new coach would be good.....To Mr 1 in 20
    Dare to Zlatan

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Also a new coach would be good.....To Mr 1 in 20
    Ofcourse

Banned
    James Gardiner ‏@JamesGardiner42 ยท 9m9 minutes ago  Newcastle, New South Wales
    Missed @Newcastleherald 1st edition. @SydneyFC boss Graham Arnold confirms Andrew Hoole at Sky Blues 2015."Can't wait to get hands on him"
    Twitter news

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Twitter news
    Aftee last night made it clear he can not play on the left. Several times last night he would get past the defender only to let the defender back goal side so Hoole could put the on his right foot.
    I was hopeful that he may change his mind and stay. Now we have 6 games left and he should not be in squad for any of those games, time for Lundy to get some game time.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    CHIEF executive Mitchell Murphy is confident Jets players and staff wages will be paid on time this month as work on a plan to refinance the embattled club continues.

Retail giant Gerry Harvey confirmed to the Newcastle Herald on Sunday that he had lent Jets owner Nathan Tinkler $1 million last month.

He said he had not asked why Tinkler needed the money but added: "He could be paying the Jets, wages, interest, solicitors. I've got no idea."

The Jets' finances have been in the spotlight since Football Federation Australia issued Tinkler with a show-cause notice on February 2 over unpaid debts.

A portion of those liabilities have since been paid.

But Tinkler has still not paid an estimated $400,000 in superannuation to Jets players and staff and reportedly also owes the Australian Tax Office about $2 million, prompting the ATO to garnish the monthly grant FFA provides the Newcastle franchise.

Without the FFA grant, worth $2.55 million to every club paid in monthly instalments, the club's ability to pay its players has been stretched to the limit. Players and staff received their monthly wages 48 hours late in February.

Their next pay day is on March 15.

When asked if he envisaged similar dramas paying wages this month, Murphy replied: "No. We have a plan that we have been working on to refinance the club.

See your ad here
    "That plan is progressing well, but we are not at the finish line yet.

"Our members and fans can be assured that we have profound attention on resolving those financial obligations. We are in open dialogue with FFA to ensure they know where we are at in that process."

Murphy said the plan was holistic.

"There is no priority ranking," he said. "We want to resolve all our obligations."

Meanwhile, exiled senior players Billy Celeski and Adrian Madaschi are no closer to having their exits finalised.

The former Socceroos were among five players Tinkler declared more than five weeks ago had been sacked.

"It is fair to say I don't see a change in the status quo," Murphy said. "They will continue to train with the squad as per the regulations with the PFA and we will continue to honour their salary on a monthly basis as per the guidelines of payment."

It is a similar situation with David Carney, who, unlike Celeski and Madaschi, has a year to run on his contract.

"His agent is liaising with our football operations manager," Murphy said.

Hope I get my flight home next Sunday from Melbourne is the one the team is on.

Might ask a few of them if they have been paid yet.

Griff.........1-0
    Dare to Zlatan

the biggest flogs of the online strayan sokkah world

mariners fans on twitter

"Hilarious"

Social media reported on in media.

The world is coming to the end of its useful life.