Page 42 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the biggest flogs of the online strayan sokkah world

mariners fans on twitter
    Second biggest Q
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Second biggest Q
    Why you got a Twitter handle now???

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Yeah @MickyBridges8
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Banned
    BRANDON Lundy left Hunter Sports High in year 10 to work in his father’s tiling business.

In doing so, the winger gave up his place in the school’s elite football program.

Although without access to coaching resources and a competitive environment, Lundy’s desire burned strong.

After work each day he would head to a local oval to train before earning a spot in the Jets youth team.

Impressed by Lundy’s speed and athleticism, then coach Gary van Egmond invited the 16-year-old to train with the A-League squad.

It took the best part of two seasons, but the 18-year-old finally made his A-League debut last weekend, playing nine minutes after coming off the bench in the 1-0 loss to Sydney FC.

‘‘I was excited and a little nervous,’’ Lundy said.

‘‘The nine minutes seemed to be over in a flash, but I felt like I ran a full game because I was that pumped.’’

Lundy, who as a young teenager travelled to Sydney during the week to train with the Football NSW junior program, is the latest in a string of youngsters to be given a chance as the Jets start rebuilding.

See your ad here
    Fellow attacker Braedyn Crowley made his debut in the final moments of the 1-1 draw with Wanderers last month, Radovan Pavicevic has six appearances off the bench and defender Nick Cowburn has four, including two starts.

Lundy, who was signed as an apprentice, has a year remaining and Pavicevic recently inked a two-year deal.

GETTING PHYSICAL: Brandon Lundy battling for the ball with Scott Neville. Picture: Jonathan Carroll
    GETTING PHYSICAL: Brandon Lundy battling for the ball with Scott Neville. Picture: Jonathan Carroll

The Jets have used 31 players this campaign. With seven games to play, including the trip to Melbourne City on Saturday, the young guns will get more opportunities.

‘‘We want to see them have an impact when they play,’’ Jets coach Phil Stubbins said. ‘‘We know the experience is not with them, and we are trying to provide them with that.

‘‘They have an opportunity between now and the end of the season to showcase that they are a) able to step up, and b) providing those effective outcomes we are in need of.’’

Pavicevic, the youth team player of the year last season, opened his goal-scoring account in the 2-1 loss to Brisbane and has been a threat late in games.

‘‘Radovan has scored goals and looked dangerous,’’ Stubbins said. ‘‘Credit to him, he continually works hard on the track to advance his efforts.

‘‘He is a kid who first and foremost has determination in his game. He is hungry to do well. He needs time to improve and we have given him that.’’

Lundy was close to earning a call-up to the bench last season. This campaign has been hindered by a minor knee issue, but he is now injury free.

‘‘There are setbacks involved for kids,’’ Stubbins said.

‘‘Brandon hadn’t played until we put him on the other night.

‘‘For any kids trying to make it in the game, without handling setbacks they are not going to make it.

‘‘Physically he is a very good specimen. He has speed and can get past and beyond players. It is one thing to do that, but there also needs to be an end product.’’

Lundy, though buoyed by his debut, understands that his spot is far from secure.

‘‘Sometimes it is frustrating, but you just have to bide your time,’’ he said. ‘‘I know I’m young and have time on my hands. The only goal I have is to turn up to training every day and improve.’’

Give Gardiner a bit of attention on Twitter asking why Lundy ain't in the team.

Next game he has him playing and then is doing puff pieces on the bloke.

That worked well

Banned
    REVIEWING a draft heat policy for the Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility is among the first assignments for Northern NSW Football’s new chief medical officer.

NNSWF announced on Tuesday that Dr Ross Cairns had taken on the honorary position, which Football Federation Australia has told all member federations to create.

The appointment came a week after National Premier League coaches and players expressed concern about heat coming off the artificial surfaces at Speers Point during a round of FFA Cup games.

NNSWF chief executive David Eland then rejected suggestions the synthetic pitches could be a factor in injuries.

Eland said on Tuesday that the appointment was not a reaction to the issues and that he had first met with Dr Cairns about the position midway through last year.

‘‘I’ve been talking to Ross for a long time, but unfortunately the process has taken a lot longer than we both had hoped because the FFA’s chief medical officer [Dr Jeff Steinweg] resigned at the back end of last year,’’ Eland said.

‘‘And it just took the FFA some time to appoint their new chief medical officer, Dr Mark Jones.’’

Jones was announced as the FFA head of medical services on August 28 last year.

The directive for member federations to appoint chief medical officers was an initiative of Dr Steinweg, and Eland was pleased to have a local physician to call on for advice.

‘‘I’m not sure where other member federations are up to, but it’s a good appointment for us because he will certainly be a great reference point for us when we start to develop policies,’’ he said.

‘‘Rather than just relying on FFA, we’ll have someone here on the ground who can help us with putting together our policies and procedures.

‘‘He’s currently reviewing the draft heat policy, as an example, and they are the types of policies he will provide guidance on.’’

Dr Cairns is a sports and exercise medicine physician based at Newcastle Sports Medicine and has worked with the Central Coast Mariners, Newcastle Knights, the Australian under-17 soccer team and the Hunter Academy of Sport.

He has been involved with the Special Olympics and the Asian Cup.

‘‘His appointment will also add weight to our elite programs,’’ Eland said. ‘‘He will provide valuable advice on screening for young athletes and injury prevention.’’

That worked well
    is Gardiner a "Secret Agent" ?
    Last edited by lquiquer; 11-03-2015 at 09:50 AM.
    Dare to Zlatan

That worked well

I didn't say they were on twitta.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

#PoppaTheImposterOut
    Dare to Zlatan

Rumors in the Twitter land that Kerem Bulut has been charged by the Police.

Never saw that coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post

Never saw that coming.
    So has Stubbins. For impersonating a football manager.

Never saw that coming.
    For what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    For what?
    http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/western-sydn...11-141k9u.html

Intimidation
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Can away support focus on winding up Kerem Bulut when we go to Parramatta?
    Will definitely be more fun than watching a bottom of the table clash

bigger **** than hutcho.

Heard it was around a dozen on one

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    For what?
    Crimes against tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Crimes against tattoos.
    This. He has some absolutely horrible ink.

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Can away support focus on winding up Kerem Bulut when we go to Parramatta?
    Will definitely be more fun than watching a bottom of the table clash
    Don't think that would be a smart thing to do!