Page 67 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2441

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

So Franjic back in oz after leaving his Russian club...

image.jpg
    Last edited by lquiquer; 28-04-2015 at 12:01 PM.
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    So Franjic back in oz after leaving his Russian club...

image.jpg
    Quitting over unpaid wages? He'd fit right in here.......

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Quitting over unpaid wages? He'd fit right in here.......
    Your forgetting he is a pretty good player.

For that reason he would not fit in here

Current Socceroo - hence FFA will ensure he plays in Sydney or Melbourne.

he will sign for city and we will bring back hoffman and play him as a striker
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Now explain to me why we are training for another 2 weeks??
    Is it a coincidence that they are training up untill what would otherwise by their (non) payday?

Quote Originally Posted by gd___ View Post
    Is it a coincidence that they are training up untill what would otherwise by their (non) payday?
    All 10 of them

Weren't we rumoured to be negotiating with a current Socceroo?

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Weren't we rumoured to be negotiating with a current Socceroo?
    I remember hearing rumour we were negotiating with a New Zealand international

What's Chris Killen up to these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Ivan Vicelich?

Rory Fallon
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Clint?
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Tim Brown?
    Vaughan Coveny?
    Steven Old?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Karl Dodd.

Bring him home Tinks.

Jeremy Brockie on his way back, from memory he married a Newy lass did he not?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Shattered Regan shown the door at beloved club | Newcastle Herald

Taylor Regan. Pic: Brock Perks

HOME-grown Jets defender Taylor Regan entered a meeting with coach Phil Stubbins on Tuesday expecting the club to deliver a new deal.

Instead, the whole-hearted 26-year-old was dealt the heart-breaking news that he was not apart of the club’s plans.

Regan was one of four players alongside fellow Novocastrian James Virgili, utility Sam Gallagher and trainee goalkeeper John Solari shown the door as the Jets begin a major overhaul following the worst season in the club’s history.

‘‘I was under the impression that I was going there [to the meeting with Stubbins] to be offered a deal,’’ a devastated Regan told the Herald.

‘‘I had been given assurances that there would be something on the table for me.

‘‘For whatever reason this morning I was notified that I was no longer required which was heart-breaking.’’

Regan would not be drawn on who promised what but The Herald has been told that owner Nathan Tinkler, Stubbins and chief executive Mitchell Murphy had indicated that he would be retained.

The most recent assurance came in the aftermath of the Jets’ 4-3 loss to Sydney FC in the final home game 11 days ago where Regan was told his contract would be ‘‘sorted out’’.

‘‘I haven’t been talking with anyone else,’’ Regan said. ‘‘I never wanted to leave this club.’’

In a statement, Stubbins said the coaching staff had delivered ‘‘tough decisions to some great people’’ and re-asserted the club’s commitment to building a squad capable of playing finals football next season.

When asked whether Regan’s future with the Jets had been guaranteed, a Jets spokesman said there was ‘‘nothing further to add beyond what has been released.’’

A graduate from the youth system, Regan has spent eight years at the club, playing 68 A-League games.

He was the inaugural winner of the prestigious Ray Baartz Medal in 2011-12 and on Sunday was named this season’s members club player of the year.

After the sacking of five senior players, including captain Kew Jaliens, in January, Regan was promoted to a leadership group which Stubbins said had helped create a new culture. But the impending arrival of Nigel Boogaard, combined with the re-signing of Daniel Mullen and the recruitment of former fringe Sydney FC defender Themba Muata-Marlow has squeezed the Dudley junior out.

‘‘I am a big enough boy to walk away and hold my head high knowing that every time I went on that pitch I gave 110 per cent for the jersey,’’ Regan said. ‘‘I may not have had the best game every week but I gave everything I had and tried to represent the community the best I could.

‘‘I love this club. More than anything I want to see it succeed. I believe the members and the fans deserve better than what we as a club have dished up for a few years.

‘‘I really hope the club moves forward, like they continue to talk about. Newcastle football has such a rich history, it is about time we start adding to that.’’

In a day of high drama, the Jets confirmed that Allan Welsh and Travis Cooper would not be offered contracts at this stage.

Serbian Enver Alivodic is close to re-signing and talks are continuing with Edson Montano and Max Burgess. Montano is on loan from Ecuadorian club Barcelona and would need to have his contract bought out, which is included in the salary cap.

Like Regan, Virgili is a local junior. The winger, who has played 57 A-League games, has been sidelined for three months with a broken ankle but was only informed of his release late Tuesday.

The future of emerging Toronto junior Nick Cowburn is also in doubt.

Awarded the youth team player of the year on Sunday, Cowburn made 10 A-League appearances at the tail of the season but has not been offered a senior contract.

“We’d love Nick Cowburn to stay at the club however with Scott Neville and Jacob Pepper contracted and able to fulfil the right back role, at this point we need to work within our salary cap and squad size parameters,” Stubbins said.

Western Sydney and Melbourne City have shown interest in the 20-year-old utility. If he exits, it would reduce the Newcastle-born contingent to Ben Kennedy, Ben Kantarovski, Jacob Pepper and Boogaard, who has signed a three-year deal.

The Jets, fresh from the worst season in club history, need to strengthen the squad, but the decision to release the local products, in particular, has met with disapproval.

China-based former Jets defender Josh Mitchell posted on Twitter: ‘‘More local lads gone from the Jets? Would love to see coaches actually coach & try to optimise players performance instead of replacing.’’

Jeremy Brockie added: ‘‘Gutted hearing the news of my good mate Taylor Regan! He works just as hard in the community with the kids as he does on the pitch.’’

Regan, who gets married next month, has started ‘‘learning the ropes’’ at a local real estate agent but is keen to continue playing football professionally.

‘‘I never like to go down without a fight and I will fight to make sure I can continue to play for as long as I can,’’ he said. ‘‘Maybe one day, hopefully, there is a door that opens to bring me back.

‘‘In the meantime, I will look elsewhere. There has been whispers previously about clubs being interested here and there.

‘‘I never really gave it any thought because I never wanted to leave. Now this has come and I have to start thinking about it.

‘‘Australia is a great place to play but financially Asia might be a better option.

‘‘I will have to sit down with my fiance, speak with everyone involved in the decision and make the best move for my family.’’
    This is ****ing bullshit. Don't say one thing and do another phil.
    This is why people are leaving, no one trusts a thing Tinkler or Stubbins say.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    And the club won't be drawn on this statement either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Just more lies and they wonder why no one respects them??

Take the situation with Roundabout. I have no issues with the decision to release him. I have no issues with not playing him if he has no future.
    Why can't these people though stand by their decision and take ownership of it?? The lying seems to cause more issues and has no benefit.

FFS Just tell the ****ing truth and stand by your decision. People can respect that

People point the finger at Stubbins and fair enough but Pascoe is a lying grub also.
    As if he didn't know that Reegz was going to be shafted, was a comment on NBN last night that he was "surprised" on hereing about Reegz's fate. As if the Assistant coach didn't know who is not being kept on for next year.....give me a break!!!
    Also who is responsible for bringing in all these Sydney boys to the club???.....Pascoe
    I think it will be a disgrace if Cowburn, our Youth Player of the Year is overlooked for a contract and they offer one to a Sydney lad.....what message does this send about the whole Emerging/Youth Jets set-up???