Page 7 of 123 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    In my opinion he's saying all the right things but behind the scenes it's far from what he's portraying and is running the club into the ground and asset stripping so he can make himself out to be the good guy when all hell breaks loose and the FFA step in.
    That's my big concern.

So far he is saying all the right PR things. Problem is so far we have no action.

I understand to be perfectly fair he still has the end of the transfer window to make positive signings. Problem is the concern is present already. Until he makes a positive move the concern will remain

. As soon as a positive move is made people will then sleep better about life.

The ball is in Tinks court to make us believe him.

I am amazed that for a guy that no interest/knowledge of football, the only game he has attended is the perth game, and he seems to know a lot about the players. is it him or someone speaking for him?

"I’d like to think the FFA is a bit smarter and looks at the 10,000-plus members and not the three or so different names that login and blog the same stupid comments every day. That's effectively what they call the Newcastle Herald isn't it?
    Hard to hate Tinkler.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Hard to hate Tinkler.
    Says Mr Whythe****dontyoulinktotheherald...

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    It's been a week, what were you expecting? And what assets has he stripped?

I don't particularly beleive the guy either but there has been nothing this week that suggests what you say. It's the previous 18 months he has to answer for.
    I'm just skeptical.

As for assets stripping, we've seen two players leave so far, rumours of 3 more including our more prized players. Granted they're rumours but I noises coming out are less than positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    I am amazed that for a guy that no interest/knowledge of football, the only game he has attended is the perth game, and he seems to know a lot about the players. is it him or someone speaking for him?
    Maybe he knows more that we think????!!... Dunno but what the f#%*k does he do all day in Singapore ???
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Sounds like big Phil is in his ear talking the back half of the season up.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Maybe he knows more that we think????!!... Dunno but what the f#%*k does he do all day in Singapore ???
    He knows shlt. cant put down the mining weekly.

Has been briefed by recently chatting to a couple in the know. Planned a few go forward speeches, get some new blood in on & off the pitch. win a few games then sell for the 5 nikka. Caaarn tink$

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Sounds like big Phil is in his ear talking the back half of the season up.
    In that case Phil better step aside and let the improvement commence.

Says Mr Whythe****dontyoulinktotheherald...
    Listen, pal, at least Tinks cites the publications he's talking about. That's all I ever asked.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Undoubtedly well briefed before giving that interview.

But to be fair any new chairman would want to be briefed in the first week of the job.

I'm just skeptical.

As for assets stripping, we've seen two players leave so far, rumours of 3 more including our more prized players. Granted they're rumours but I noises coming out are less than positive.
    I am more amazed that you think Gallaway was an asset 😜

Hoole eyes Sydney FC exit despite Tinkler overtures
    By CRAIG KERRY
    Jan. 18, 2015, 10 p.m.

NEWCASTLE Jets young gun Andrew Hoole is leaning towards joining Sydney FC for next season despite club owner Nathan Tinkler vowing on the weekend to make him a priority signing.

In an interview on The World Game website on Saturday, Tinkler said Hoole had been offered a new contract in an attempt to keep the former Broadmeadow Magic midfielder from joining Sydney.

‘‘We’ve tabled a new offer and are very keen to retain him,’’ said Tinkler, who appointed himself Jets chairman after the resignation of Ray Baartz on January 8.

‘‘He is a great young prospect and we want to retain our best juniors, starting with him.

‘‘He’s been a standout and one of the best under-23-year-olds in the competition.’’

The Newcastle Herald, though, understands Hoole is likely to choose Sydney this week after receiving similar two-year deals from the two clubs.

Hoole, 21, has played 39times for the Jets since debuting in 2012-13 and looms as a key player for the Olyroos in their Rio 2016 Olympics qualifying campaign.

While they may lose Hoole, the Jets are expected to announce the retention of home-grown goalkeeper Ben Kennedy this week.

The 27-year-old, who has taken over from Mark Birighitti as the Jets’ preferred goalkeeper this season, is off contract at the end of this season and has attracted interest from other clubs, but he is tipped to sign off on a two-year extension with Newcastle.

The news comes amid assurances from Tinkler in the World Game interview that the club’s debts, including $140,000 owed to Northern NSW Football, ‘‘will get tidied up’’ in the ‘‘next couple of weeks’’.

‘‘There are things we need to fix, like our relationship with Northern NSW Football. But I don’t think you would walk into any A-League club and say everything is perfect,’’ Tinkler is quoted as saying.

‘‘Those outstanding debts will get tidied up. We have now got our heads around things and are working on fixing them in the next couple of weeks.

‘‘I’m still getting my feet under the desk [as chairman], and I have spoken to just about everybody involved with the club now.

‘‘There are definitely things to work on and we need to improve our performance off the paddock as well as on it.’’

Tinkler owes NNSWF more than $140,000 in promised contributions to the Emerging Jets and W-League programs from last year. He reneged on an agreement to give $140,000 to the Emerging Jets this year and is $30,000 behind in rent for the Jets’ training ground, Ray Watt Oval.

A-League chief Damien De Bohun said after a visit to Newcastle last week that paying the club’s debts was a priority for Jets management after the resignation of Baartz and chief executive Robbie Middleby and Tinkler’s decision to take the club off the market.

Tinkler put the Jets up for sale in August, saying ‘‘I can’t wait to get them out the door’’ and that ‘‘I’ve been very good to Newcastle, but that place hasn’t done anything but shit on me’’.

Despite those comments, the Singapore-based former billionaire on Saturday blasted those who questioned his club’s commitment to their 10,000-plus members.

‘‘There’s a perception out there put forward by certain sections of the media that we don’t have a deep relationship with our member base,’’ The World Games quoted him as saying.

‘‘We have built that member base, and getting results for our members and fans is our primary aim ... it narks me when people say we aren’t focused on membership or community engagement.

‘‘That’s the top priority for everybody involved at the club. One thing we all have in common is that we want the club to win, and unfortunately injuries haven’t helped us this year.’’

Tinkler then took aim at the Newcastle Herald, which requested an interview with the Jets chairman last week.

The Herald’s Robert Dillon won gongs at the Kennedy Awards for Excellence in NSW Journalism, the NSW Regional Media Awards, the Australian Sports Commission Media Awards and the prestigious Australian Walkley Awards for his fearless coverage of Tinkler’s tumultuous reign and demise as owner of the Newcastle Knights.

‘‘A few bloggers doesn’t ruin anybody’s day,’’ Tinkler told The World Game.

‘‘I’d like to think the FFA is a bit smarter and looks at the 10,000-plus members, and not the three or so different names that log in and blog the same stupid comments every day. That’s effectively what they call the Newcastle Herald, isn’t it?

‘‘Whether it’s a Jets coach, a Knights coach, a Jets CEO or a Knights chairman ... once you take on that role in Newcastle, you are there to be vilified.

‘‘Every time the team gets beat it’s your fault. Every player indiscretion is your fault – that’s just how it is.

‘‘I have spent a lot of time in Newcastle, and I don’t think everybody is like that. Just one small portion of the media, unfortunately.

‘‘It’s nice to get into the club in a more hands-on way, build some relationships, tackle some issues. Hopefully people are appreciating dealing with a decision maker.’’

Tinkler said the process to replace Middleby was ‘‘going ahead’’.

‘‘Some candidates should be shortlisted in the next week or two and then we’ll conduct some interviews and we’ll get somebody fit for the purpose that can be there day-to-day and take things forward.’’
    Ok, so Hoole gone and BK standard (i.e. for another 2 year contract).
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

BK Fanbois we did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

No hard feelings against Hoole for leaving, especially in the current circumstances. But what the hell is the point of an Emerging Jets program if we aren't capable of keeping our home-grown talent? Might as well re-brand it now and save the rubbish. Emerging Sky Blues or some such.

I'm glad the Herald reported on its own reported crapness. Now that's good journalism.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    I'm glad the Herald reported on its own reported crapness. Now that's good journalism.

No its not.

Your colleagues just used your own paper to slag yourselves off.

Well done

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    No its not.

Your colleagues just used your own paper to slag yourselves off.

Well done
    Saracasm member, sarcasm.

Couscous - just a tip, if you're taking the piss use or . This forum is mostly taking the piss hence why it's often goes unused.

Banned
    I wish tinkler would get his fat smelly bogan ass out of here.

Ok, so Hoole gone and BK standard (i.e. for another 2 year contract).
    And last week it was Carney & Birraz gone.........

This is a Manager talking to the herald to rachet up an offer. 101 in negotiating overs for a client from the Jets is to mention rival SFC offer.

Let's see if Tinks can seal this one. Would go a long way to proving his intentions. Hoole would be worth it purely on his OS sale price.