Page 75 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2441

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2015

Show the photo of griff scoring
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Please mate, don't get them started.
    He's new and needs calibrating.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    He's new and needs calibrating.
    I may be new, but ive been watching these convos for about 12 months, and i was after a bite, but it didnt eventuate

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    From memory it was a great pass from Bridge....Great goal Griff.....i will never forget
    You're wrong, Bridge was not involved in any of the lead up play.

I don't even think he played tbh.

Can someone tell me who the **** bridge is? How long is he contracted for?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tomo View Post
    I may be new, but ive been watching these convos for about 12 months, and i was after a bite, but it didnt eventuate
    Been watching for 12 months and try some kindergarten level troll

How you have underestimated the foz

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

If thats what u believe...

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    From memory it was a great pass from Bridge....Great goal Griff.....i will never forget
    This
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

A-League salary cap could be raised, according to the FFA

The A-League salary cap is set to be bolstered for next season to help clubs hang on to their best talent.

A progression in talks for a new pay deal between Football Federation Australia (FFA) and the players union, Professional Footballers Australia (PFA), means A-League clubs can expect relaxed restrictions around player payments as soon as next season.

A FFA spokesperson said they have tabled "long-term loyalty payment" concessions in salary cap reforms, with hopes that a deal will be signed soon.

"We are continuing to work with the players and the PFA in consultation with the A-League clubs to finalise an appropriate CBA in the coming weeks," he said.

"A concession for long serving players is a part of the discussions including the fact that such a concession is a lift in the overall cap and must be considered in that context."

After a season marred by Perth Glory's egregious breach, a rise in the cap will be welcomed by players and clubs looking to push for honours.

PFA chief executive Adam Vivian says clubs who successfully develop or retain talent should receive salary cap concessions to keep them.

The changes could benefit long-serving Melbourne Victory man Archie Thompson, who on Tuesday said he could leave the club after 10 seasons unless a suitable new deal was tabled.

Vivian said cap concessions to clubs that bring new talent through youth systems, for example Terry Antonis at Sydney FC, would enhance the league.

"Clubs have invested money in developing players, we want them to have the opportunity to retain them and not lose their talent based purely on fiscal means," he said.

The PFA also believes clubs that utilise their scouting networks to unearth talents could also benefit from proposed new "flexibilities".

"If you're Melbourne Victory trying to retain Ben Khalfallah, you should have the opportunity to utilise those flexibilities," Vivian said.

"We want the league to grow, particularly in light of a new broadcast deal (and) for that to occur, there needs to be meaningful investment into players."

But Vivian says he still hopes for a "meaningful increase" to the cap next year and a reversion of previous rules that kept loan fees for overseas-based players outside of the cap this season.

"Sadly we've had a breach of the cap this season and I think this shows it's putting pressure on clubs, it's certainly putting pressure on players and we need to find a way to relieve that," he said.

"There has to be a cleansing of the cap ... to get some of the things that fall into the cap taken out of it.

"Loan fees go into the cap at the moment and we believe they should not be."

Vivian said it was in everyone's interests to ink the deal as soon as possible after Sunday's grand final.

"Then when clubs are talking to their players and retaining them, they can forecast what their finances would be," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-1...raised/6467832
    So Loyalty payments, a rise in the total cap, flexibilities which is not explained at all and could be anything & loan fees excluded from the cap.

All look like reasonable ways at allowing clubs to keep players, won't ever help the jets, like we keep players around long enough to be classed as long term loyalty.
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by tomo View Post
    U must've been watching the wrong GF if u think griffo scored the goal
    Yeh griff scored it mate

Mark bridge was at a convention for weak ankles
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    So Loyalty payments, a rise in the total cap, flexibilities which is not explained at all and could be anything & loan fees excluded from the cap.

All look like reasonable ways at allowing clubs to keep players, won't ever help the jets, like we keep players around long enough to be classed as long term loyalty.
    I see this as a step forward and a natural path for the league to take. It makes sense for clubs to be rewarded for bringing through their own talent. This should benefit the Emerging Jets and the local leagues if the club chooses to apply this benefit because exceptional local talent should be more likely pick up local young players instead of picking from Sydney.

However, this comes on the back of a successful season for the two major city clubs, while the smaller teams have had poor seasons. The skeptic in me sees this as a split starting to occur in the league between the big boys, the little boys and those who don't pay. It's going to be a harder road back, but hey....that's football.

I see this as a step forward and a natural path for the league to take. It makes sense for clubs to be rewarded for bringing through their own talent. This should benefit the Emerging Jets and the local leagues if the club chooses to apply this benefit because exceptional local talent should be more likely pick up local young players instead of picking from Sydney.

However, this comes on the back of a successful season for the two major city clubs, while the smaller teams have had poor seasons. The skeptic in me sees this as a split starting to occur in the league between the big boys, the little boys and those who don't pay. It's going to be a harder road back, but hey....that's football.
    just means that there will be more money owing longer

Banned

Totally disagree that this is beneficial to anyone other than Smurfs Victree and the bigger clubs.

We have a salary cap in place for a reason to keep the competition level. Giving concessions like this allow the bigger clubs to exploit the salary cap more.

Take the Gypos you brought these concessions in when they had a decent side Sainsbury Ibini Ryan etc they still have no money to be able to pay them this extra money anyway. Contrast that with Sydney Melburn clubs who if they put a good squad together then have the extra funds available to spend on players if need be to keep their success going.

Needs a complete overhaul the salary cap. First thing that needs to go is the Marquee spots as that is where Sydney Melburn clubs are able to get an unfair advantage over the other clubs and it only is because they live in major cities with population bases of 4 million

Totally disagree that this is beneficial to anyone other than Smurfs Victree and the bigger clubs.

We have a salary cap in place for a reason to keep the competition level. Giving concessions like this allow the bigger clubs to exploit the salary cap more.

Take the Gypos you brought these concessions in when they had a decent side Sainsbury Ibini Ryan etc they still have no money to be able to pay them this extra money anyway. Contrast that with Sydney Melburn clubs who if they put a good squad together then have the extra funds available to spend on players if need be to keep their success going.

Needs a complete overhaul the salary cap. First thing that needs to go is the Marquee spots as that is where Sydney Melburn clubs are able to get an unfair advantage over the other clubs and it only is because they live in major cities with population bases of 4 million
    I agree that this benefits the bigger clubs primarily, but this is where the FFA are making their money too. While we may not benefit from the rules because of a lack of money/finances perhaps it could be the incentive that makes the club look at investing in local talent further? Competitive sport can't always be fair, but for the development of the league something along these lines needed to be introduced.

You're right in the example you make about the Gypos. They wouldn't have been able to pay them and I think we'd be in the same boat too along with Wellington, Brisbane and perhaps even Adelaide. But do we hold the league back from attracting and retaining talent because not all the clubs can afford it?

I'll wait to see what the definitions for "developing own talent" and "long serving player" is.

Banned
    I agree that this benefits the bigger clubs primarily, but this is where the FFA are making their money too. While we may not benefit from the rules because of a lack of money/finances perhaps it could be the incentive that makes the club look at investing in local talent further? Competitive sport can't always be fair, but for the development of the league something along these lines needed to be introduced.

You're right in the example you make about the Gypos. They wouldn't have been able to pay them and I think we'd be in the same boat too along with Wellington, Brisbane and perhaps even Adelaide. But do we hold the league back from attracting and retaining talent because not all the clubs can afford it?

I'll wait to see what the definitions for "developing own talent" and "long serving player" is.
    You are bang on about the developing local talent part. Any extra money that Sydney Melburn have over the other club should actually be going into developing their juniors in their region. Neither of them have contributed **** all in this regard in the last 10 years.

They just poach anyone promising from elsewhere eg Hoole Rojas Kruse etc and between them have contributed what Terry Antonis and Leigh ****ing Broxham would be the best examples of talent they have brought through into their first team.
    Antonis can't get in their side and Broxham is well just plain well shit.

Our League should be a development league with an emphasis on developing Australian talent and sending them overseas to strengthen our Socceroos. Neither of these clubs have contributed much at all in this regard.

The advantage they get out of 4 million population base goes into strengthening their side for short term trophy pursuit. It should go into strengthening their club and the code in their region by junior development training ground acquisition, coaching for juniors, club promotion to make greater inroads for the code into NRL and AFL.

All we get is them pilfering any other clubs talent like Berisha Hoole Ibini etc to make themselves stronger to win a ****ing trophy.

Cart before the horse etc

You are bang on about the developing local talent part. Any extra money that Sydney Melburn have over the other club should actually be going into developing their juniors in their region. Neither of them have contributed **** all in this regard in the last 10 years.

They just poach anyone promising from elsewhere eg Hoole Rojas Kruse etc and between them have contributed what Terry Antonis and Leigh ****ing Broxham would be the best examples of talent they have brought through into their first team.
    Antonis can't get in their side and Broxham is well just plain well shit.

Our League should be a development league with an emphasis on developing Australian talent and sending them overseas to strengthen our Socceroos. Neither of these clubs have contributed much at all in this regard.

The advantage they get out of 4 million population base goes into strengthening their side for short term trophy pursuit. It should go into strengthening their club and the code in their region by junior development training ground acquisition, coaching for juniors, club promotion to make greater inroads for the code into NRL and AFL.

All we get is them pilfering any other clubs talent like Berisha Hoole Ibini etc to make themselves stronger to win a ****ing trophy.

Cart before the horse etc
    What is wrong with that. No matter what system you have, you are always going to have your big spenders. It is only natural that the better players go to the bigger clubs. That is a fact of life.
    I would never have thought I would see you put forth the argument that you did. Are you not the one running around saying the comp is shit, local talent needs to be developed, or at least, clubs should be developing talent.
    No club (at the elite level) can have a team full of "home growns" Not even Barcellona have that. Somewhere along the line you have to buy from outside. You will find if buying from outside was outlawed it would disadvantage the smaller clubs even more as most of their players, if not all, come from outside.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    What is wrong with that. No matter what system you have, you are always going to have your big spenders. It is only natural that the better players go to the bigger clubs. That is a fact of life.
    I would never have thought I would see you put forth the argument that you did. Are you not the one running around saying the comp is shit, local talent needs to be developed, or at least, clubs should be developing talent.
    No club (at the elite level) can have a team full of "home growns" Not even Barcellona have that. Somewhere along the line you have to buy from outside. You will find if buying from outside was outlawed it would disadvantage the smaller clubs even more as most of their players, if not all, come from outside.
    Big Spenders?? It is a salary capped league where the onus is on it being a level playing field.
    We ain't meant to be having big spenders.

The advantages Melburn and Sydney have relate squarely the population base of their cities they are from nothing more nothing less.

Pound for pound neither are really pulling their weight on junior development crowds etc. The crowds both those clubs get from 4 million population bases are really disgraceful when you consider what other clubs are getting off much smaller population bases.

They have done nothing to actually establish their positions of dominance it has been handed to them on a ****ing platter.

As for your point about clubs developing local talent??? Reread my post I was pretty certain I was calling for these two clubs to be putting money into their juniors pretty fervently. Signing from outside yeah sure it has to be done. My issue is that neither of these clubs do much at all in relation to yoof promotion from within and just poach from outside either young talented players with established known potential or ready made players. Worst of all they do a fair bit of this at the expense of rival clubs in this league making them weaker after their efforts at developing the players in the first place so you get the situation where the strong gain and weaken a rival in the case with Berisha leaving Roar for Vctree

The salary cap wasn't being questioned until the Perth thing, and even then, the scrutiny has been on how Sydney and MV are hamstrung according to Bozza and fellow pundits on Fox.

Makes you wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    The salary cap wasn't being questioned until the Perth thing, and even then, the scrutiny has been on how Sydney and MV are hamstrung according to Bozza and fellow pundits on Fox.

Makes you wonder.
    I'm going to call this "The Archie Effect"