Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thread

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Salim Mehajer
    Bloke made all his money and got his political position before you'd heard of him.

In fact his new found 'fame' is prob what's going to screw it all up for him.

Hence my question.

and Pauline Hanson is a good one but her 'fame' led to her going to jail so I'm not sure that's a successful consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I mean has anyone made a successful career doing the 'anything to get famous then get dat money' approach?

and don't say the Kardashians, or anyone involved with them.
    Zsa Zsa Gabor - who was a Hilton and it is from the Hilton girl that the Kardashian strain of the famous for being famous virus evolved.

Social media though makes all this possible. Much like how dictators such as Hitler didn't start rising from obscurity until mass media presnted them the opportunity.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 25-08-2016 at 03:44 PM.

Actually Jennifer Hawkins is a pretty good one.
    Although she's probably technically a 'famous model' rather than just famous.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Zsa Zsa Gabor - who was a Hilton and it is from the Hilton girl that the Kardashian strain of the famous for being famous virus evolved.

Social media though makes all this possible. Much like how dictators such as Hitler didn't start rising from obscurity until mass media presnted them the opportunity.
    To be fair Kardashians dad was famous before Paris Hilton came along. That family was rich and used to the spotlight from an early age.
    But yeah the Hilton association certainly ratcheted things up a lot.

Actually Jennifer Hawkins is a pretty good one.
    Although she's probably technically a 'famous model' rather than just famous.
    Winning Miss Universe in 2004 made her a lot of money through the work and endorsements it provided her. From then on the ball has kept rolling for her due to old blokes that get hard over her throwing money around regardless if it is profitable or not.

She seems like a nice girl though so good luck to her.

UPDATE: LARA BINGLE - she's got an individual net worth of $40m and she's done pretty much nothing other than whore herself out to the media.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 25-08-2016 at 05:00 PM.

Oh Bingle is a GREAT one.
    Surely she can't have 'that' much coin?
    Again, well played if she did.

From memory Hawkins has made just as much cash from property development as she has from modelling. That's some top work there by a proper Newy girl.
    Obviously read the book of Griff.

i had a monster children magazine in my house that featured lara bingle when she was 18 and completely unfamous.

we all remarked on her cracking knockers and went back to smoking choof.

i was pleasantly surprised when she reappeared and still had the same norks. who says i haven't followed her career.

yeah geez Lara Bingle is def in 1st place at the moment. still open for other contenders though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Recently deceased but Susan Renouf and Sonia McMahon blazed the trail long before Lara Bingle was even born.

UPDATE: The $40m figure for Bingle is bullshit marketing crap from her agent. True figure is somewhere between $5m and $10m. Still a lot of money for someone with only one khunt working for them.

Here's a link for omre bullshit from Bingles Agent: http://en.mediamass.net/people/lara-...hest-paid.html
    Last edited by The Dunster; 25-08-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Paul Vautin
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Anna Kournikova - $50m. Remember she's never won a singles title in her life and only managed doubles titles playing with Hingis who was at the time the dominant player in the women's game.
    Amazing how much coin blokes will throw at women even though they have no chance of threading the needle.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 26-08-2016 at 09:08 AM.

Anna K is good but wasn't she a highly rated junior? And she came from that Boliterti camp back in the day that all the top players came from?

I still say she was a 'good/promising' tennis player before she got 'famous', but for sure she milked the **** out of that cash cow.

You are very good at this game Dunster.

Paul Vautin? No.

and didn't Anna win some shitty Singapore 6's type title towards the end of her career? I swear I sat up one night watching her in a final and thought she won.

Maybe I was just dreaming about Anna again.

Edit: it was the China open final and she didn't win.
    Kids, don't do drugs.
    Last edited by plague; 26-08-2016 at 10:25 AM.

Ok so she won 2 ITF titles which is like the FFA cup of tennis which means that no one cared except MFKS.

She wasn't part of the Bolliteri camp (I had my Russian junior good sorts mixed up).

But she was a very good junior (crowned World Junior champ aged 14, won a bunch of titles) and was earmarked for big things as a player.

Retired at 21 due to injury. Wowsers.
    Looking back now it's hard to put so much shit on her when she didn't get a chance to hit her physical peak and tour experience.

Dan Bilzerian and other social media "stars"

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Dan Bilzerian and other social media "stars"
    Wasn't that dude rich from a trust fund/poker career before being 'famous'?

We are talking about the fame leading to the money (and then not ****ing it all up).

Wasn't that dude rich from a trust fund/poker career before being 'famous'?

We are talking about the fame leading to the money (and then not ****ing it all up).
    Yeah my bad I think he was rich first. I think I got lost along the "famous for being famous" line.

Pretty sure there would be some others in the social media game though. I know there's some chick who's always in those 30 second "comedy" videos I see on facebook that I think has recently landed a movie role out of it. Don't think she's loaded yet but I guess she fits the bill of making a bit of a living out of not doing much.

Fitzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.