Page 38 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 National Premier League thread

2-1 weston

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    Clear pen for Olympic before halftime knocked back. Ref was really poor. Guy Bates did look quality
    Ref let a few things go and yes it was a clear penalty. NPL refs aren't anywhere near perfect but the guy tonight seemed like one of the worst.

Banned
    Weston beat Southy 2-1

Weston had a bloke sent off just after HT
    Southy were lucky to not have 2 studs up diving in challengers joining him

Weston controlled first half and even though they had 10 men nicked a goal with a rare foray forward and then controlled much of second half.

Southy ball movement far too slow and offered little for most of night. Did get a header hit the bar and bounce down to line but correctly ruled no goal and a late 1 on 1 which Weston keeper made a great save.

As for FR's drainage sucking stellar work. Pitch was fantastic. May need to look at a bit of extra work on the South west corner which looked a bit iffy though

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Ref let a few things go and yes it was a clear penalty. NPL refs aren't anywhere near perfect but the guy tonight seemed like one of the worst.
    Said thing is, I think he's considered one of the best.

Will be interesting to see how Bates and Kenneth go this season. Both are quality, but seem to be more interested in having arguments with each other. Bates having a go at the young 14 for buds wasn't a good look either.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Ref at Ulinga was also shocking.

Lost control and if it wasn't for Weston being at 10 men and seeing a win and shutting up would have had another 20 mins of mayhem.

Let 2 studs up aggressive lunges go with yellows

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Said thing is, I think he's considered one of the best.

Will be interesting to see how Bates and Kenneth go this season. Both are quality, but seem to be more interested in having arguments with each other. Bates having a go at the young 14 for buds wasn't a good look either.
    Agree both were very good. Bates second goal was one of the best I've seen in this comp for a while. Kenneth was strong in defence and will be one of these most crucial players if they want to succeed this year. And yes the whole yelling and arguing was a bit much. Cooler heads always works out better, especially when dealing with younger players.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    As for FR's drainage sucking stellar work. Pitch was fantastic. May need to look at a bit of extra work on the South west corner which looked a bit iffy though
    I'll grab a few old towels out of the press and head down to the ground now. Should have the SW corner dry as my ex's crotch by morning.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Weston beat Southy 2-1

Weston had a bloke sent off just after HT
    Southy were lucky to not have 2 studs up diving in challengers joining him

Weston controlled first half and even though they had 10 men nicked a goal with a rare foray forward and then controlled much of second half.

Southy ball movement far too slow and offered little for most of night. Did get a header hit the bar and bounce down to line but correctly ruled no goal and a late 1 on 1 which Weston keeper made a great save.

Yes, it was looking a picture, before and after 2 games, can't believe we lost, only one team tryingvtonolay football tonight, if weston want yo park the bus each week that's fine but very ordinary to watch, we missed our chances, sure, but more then happy how we played

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Yes, it was looking a picture, before and after 2 games, can't believe we lost, only one team tryingvtonolay football tonight, if weston want yo park the bus each week that's fine but very ordinary to watch, we missed our chances, sure, but more then happy how we played
    Agree FR, as a neutral it was good to see Southy trying to play, but as is often the case, when a team sits and parks the bus, ball movement slows and frustrations became very apparent.

Correct

The old "Park the Bus" debate always bemuses me. If your team is structured and compact in defence as a unit and the opposition can't break that down, i don't see any issues with it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by salmon View Post
    The old "Park the Bus" debate always bemuses me. If your team is structured and compact in defence as a unit and the opposition can't break that down, i don't see any issues with it at all.
    No debate mate, I didn't criticise the tactic, I simply noted the frustration that Southy experienced in trying to break down the Weston structure. Personally I like the Southy style of play more, but each to their own!

Same here, I didn't criticise, I did say Southy failed to take their chances, each to their own

Quote Originally Posted by salmon View Post
    Hooray..couldn't agree more.
    So many poeple pretend to know the game and refer to teams parking the bus.
    FFS they wouldn't have a clue about strategy,tactics and coaching so stop the friggin dribble about parking the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 433 View Post
    Hooray..couldn't agree more.
    So many poeple pretend to know the game and refer to teams parking the bus.
    FFS they wouldn't have a clue about strategy,tactics and coaching so stop the friggin dribble about parking the bus.
    Onya Chippers

Extract from the Herald....

sportslover • 4 hours ago
    As a lover of Newcastle sports in general I relished the opportunity to see some action midweek getting along to see the southy vs weston game. Even though the game was fiery, there was only one way to describe the south cardiff fans and that is DISGUSTING! Well and truly crossing the line from sideline banter to just being crude. The duty manager did happen to find the lone vocal weston supporter and kick him out though. Can safely say this club will never get my $10 entrance fee again!

Forever... What did the Weston supporter say?

First I heard of it, I stood on the hill all night and heard and seen nothing out of the ordinary, even had a good chat after wards with weston folk, nothing mentioned, obviously he has nothing else to write about, if he had an issue maybe he could give me a call

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    First I heard of it, I stood on the hill all night and heard and seen nothing out of the ordinary, even had a good chat after wards with weston folk, nothing mentioned, obviously he has nothing else to write about, if he had an issue maybe he could give me a call
    Did you see the send off FR?

yep, 2 blokes wrestling on the ground, probs should have sent both

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Newsfeed View Post
    Did you see the send off FR?
    Send off was clear cut

Weston player retaliated to a foul by grabbing opponent by the head neck area and holding his head In a an aggressive manner and pushing it into the ground.

Alright for the UFC but when you just got booked anyway and done it for 20 seconds after the ref blew the whistle and still didn't relent what do you expect??