Page 66 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2128

Thread: 2015 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    NPL is not my usual hangout but I thought Maitland were safe from relegation this year
    I thought they got a year grace
    Can any one confirm ???
    Mind you in NPL youth they have bought nothing to the comp !!!
    Only way their will be no relegation is if either of the 2 teams from NEWFM (Lakes/ Valentine) that have been granted permission to be promoted by NNSWF dont make the top spot... and after today's herald article... if Wallsend continue their winning ways there will be no relegation from NPL... its how Adamstown, Westy and Cessnock survived for so long back in the 90's/ early 00's when they were for years the whipping boys before finally going down.

Saying that Maitland come last, lakes/Valo premiers... Maitland go down.

gunners are crippled with injury. 11 players unavailable last weekend, nothing much on the horizon this weekend in players returning, need a quick fix fast, no excuses, steep learning curve for some very young players though

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    NPL is not my usual hangout but I thought Maitland were safe from relegation this year
    I thought they got a year grace
    Can any one confirm ???
    Mind you in NPL youth they have bought nothing to the comp !!!
    Ain't bought much to the NPL either.

Smashing shit teams in the New FM means little.

Looks a positive the NewFm looks a lot stronger this season

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Ain't bought much to the NPL either.

Smashing shit teams in the New FM means little.

Looks a positive the NewFm looks a lot stronger this season
    That's the thing, does it look stronger or does it look more even? Would that statement be made if there was one team out there smashing the lot?

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    That's the thing, does it look stronger or does it look more even? Would that statement be made if there was one team out there smashing the lot?
    It doesn't really matter who is in NPL as the majority of players at that level just move from club to club.

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    It doesn't really matter who is in NPL as the majority of players at that level just move from club to club.
    The key is in that the entire club has depth of strength surely?
    Maitland promoted but with no depth, difficult to progress players up through the grades to cover for inevitable injuries etc when the quality isn't there. You can't make silk purse....
    Of the sides licenced to be promoted Valo are sorely lacking in U17 whilst Lakes are very very strong, both the clubs other grades performing well too so I'm of the opinion that either of these Two clubs would add something to NPL next season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    I would say it does.

Last few seasons you have had 2 teams at the top Buds/Maitland/Valo smashing everyone and cooking out for the title

BelSwans were next well behind those two Thornton behind them and then 4 other sacrificial lambs who were getting smashed.

Now the teams appear closer as any team seems capable of winning games which makes it a stronger comp.

Quote Originally Posted by 433 View Post
    Maitland promoted but with no depth, difficult to progress players up through the grades to cover for inevitable injuries etc when the quality isn't there. You can't make silk purse....
    Of the sides licenced to be promoted Valo are sorely lacking in U17 whilst Lakes are very very strong, both the clubs other grades performing well too so I'm of the opinion that either of these Two clubs would add something to NPL next season.
    I am not saying you are wrong... But Maitland were very strong in all grades last year. But have added little this year. So what would make Lakes or Valo any different. Considering how Maitland dominated last year?

Quote Originally Posted by monz6 View Post
    I am not saying you are wrong... But Maitland were very strong in all grades last year. But have added little this year. So what would make Lakes or Valo any different. Considering how Maitland dominated last year?
    What do you mean maitland have added little this year. Didn't they sign Matt Thompson, Matt Comerford, Zac Hill, Alex Read and Denis Fajkovic. That is half of their starting side

Quote Originally Posted by 433 View Post

If lakes or valo get promoted they would be favorite to go straight back down. The gap in quality between npl and newfm is becoming bigger and bigger every year

Maitland v Southy - going to be interesting if the home side have Joel Wood, Zac Hill, Justin Broadley, Nick Callghan and Fajkovic all out... Wonder how Southy are numbers wise this weekend?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Newsfeed View Post
    Maitland v Southy - going to be interesting if the home side have Joel Wood, Zac Hill, Justin Broadley, Nick Callghan and Fajkovic all out... Wonder how Southy are numbers wise this weekend?
    FR said they were also having some injury issues and will be depleted

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    What do you mean maitland have added little this year. Didn't they sign Matt Thompson, Matt Comerford, Zac Hill, Alex Read and Denis Fajkovic. That is half of their starting side
    yes... i was referring to results. adding to the comp results wise. should've worded it better.

Jets v Jaffas
    Weston v Buds
    Maitland v Southy
    Olympic v Magic
    CCB V Edgy

Predictions: Jaffas, Buds, Maitland, Olympic, CCB

Quote Originally Posted by monz6 View Post
    I'm thinking the addition of 17s to NEWFM assists future promoted clubs.

If lakes or valo get promoted they would be favorite to go straight back down. The gap in quality between npl and newfm is becoming bigger and bigger every year
    You may well be right,only development time will tell.

Top 4:
    Weston
    Jaffas
    Magic
    Maitland

At halfway point im tipping:
    Olympic, Edgy, Magic, Weston in no particular order.

Any results from todays games

Any results from todays games
    Jaffas 3-2
    Buds 2-1