Page 80 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 2128

Thread: 2015 National Premier League thread

Upon our return from Melbourne on the Thursday we were to play on Saturday, we asked early in the week to have it changed to Sunday but were told that's what cup football is about

Hi Red, you should be confident with recent good results, undefeated since "Miner Intervention"

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    The game was moved without any consultation, we argued to play Saturday, the rule states 72 hours between games, this way all 3 grades get to play, all our first graders can play, 2 missing because they live in Sydney, our response from nnswf was we need to give edgeworth every opportunity to beat Melbourne city, ffs, if they only let in 5 they should be happy, I'm more then happy to support the teams in the FFA cup but changing the game with out consultation is not on, if I was edgeworth I'll be sending my best 11 out Friday night, the premiership is what they should be after, good luck to both teams
    Quick question FR
    Were these Sydney based players developed thru the southy centre of excellence ????
    Or the Korean one ???

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    Quick question FR
    Were these Sydney based players developed thru the southy centre of excellence ????
    Or the Korean one ???
    I don't get it? Southy only have one Korean in their first grade eligible squad, the same as a few other clubs have had...
    And I imagine one of the players is Bures who played for southy first grade for a few years after joining them due to lack of oppurtunity at Magic.
    Getting a bit tense over at high fields is it?

The game was moved without any consultation, we argued to play Saturday, the rule states 72 hours between games, this way all 3 grades get to play, all our first graders can play, 2 missing because they live in Sydney, our response from nnswf was we need to give edgeworth every opportunity to beat Melbourne city, ffs, if they only let in 5 they should be happy, I'm more then happy to support the teams in the FFA cup but changing the game with out consultation is not on, if I was edgeworth I'll be sending my best 11 out Friday night, the premiership is what they should be after, good luck to both teams
    We all know the fed have no regard for the rules of the comp and also the fact the Edgy have a different set of rules to every other club.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I don't get it? Southy only have one Korean in their first grade eligible squad, the same as a few other clubs have had...
    And I imagine one of the players is Bures who played for southy first grade for a few years after joining them due to lack of oppurtunity at Magic.
    Getting a bit tense over at high fields is it?
    Simply enquiring as to whether these Sydney based players developed thru the southy centre of excellence that FR is forever banging in about.....

And no tenser than usual thanks !!!

My post wasn't in angst, we at the gunners deal with anything thrown at us, we will be there tonight with sleeves rolled up, good luck to both teams

Carn southy!

2-0 edgy I heard?

Playing edgy on a friday night is one of the best games you can play in all year...you know your up for a tough game..plus you have the rest of the weekend to do what you want...im sure the southy players felt the same.

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Playing edgy on a friday night is one of the best games you can play in all year...you know your up for a tough game..plus you have the rest of the weekend to do what you want...im sure the southy players felt the same.
    Decent enough game. Thought Southy battled really hard to be fair. Even enough in the first half, Edgy far better in the second. Southy held on till about 5 to go. A Maitland loss will make it interesting, but Southy will need a bit of luck. Good to see them fighting. Edgeworth deserve the premiership.

Well done to Edgy, not only do they look like wrapping up the Premiership but they are doing it with one of the youngest squads in the NPL. They have a clear policy of promoting Youth over the past 2-3 seasons and it is now paying off. In contrast a couple of other "big" clubs below them don't seem to have any incentive for their younger players.
    One has become lazy the past few years, has arguably the strongest juniors year after year but thinks that getting the scraps off the Jets Youth/Emerging Jets is the way to go.
    The other has one of the highest paid players (and oldest) in the comp coming off the bench for 20 minutes each week and rarely gives players from it's strong 22's side a run.
    Weston is another club who deserves credit for promoting it's Youth and is once again having another good season.

Promoting other clubs juniors should have been your sentence, edgeworth never gave a crap about youth until Zane became coach, his done well but please don't go on about it, foley stole all the good kids and edgeworth were the fortunate ones to pick them up, Gary Wilson had no idea what a youth player was, all credit to Zane as his the only one who promoted kids

Promoting other clubs juniors should have been your sentence, edgeworth never gave a crap about youth until Zane became coach, his done well but please don't go on about it, foley stole all the good kids and edgeworth were the fortunate ones to pick them up, Gary Wilson had no idea what a youth player was, all credit to Zane as his the only one who promoted kids

Too true FR. The first year they were required to have a 15's not one kid was from over the fence.

Magic 5 jets 2
    Jaffas 6 atown 0
    CCB 1 maitland 1
    Olympic 5 weston 1

Okay then, credit to Zane. A lot of good kids at other clubs too just battling away in 22's not getting a go in 1st grade. That's the point I'm making, Edgey at least have had the balls to put faith in these youngsters and it is now paying off. By the way I have nothing to do with Edgey, just saying how I see it.
    Also if these kids wanted to follow Foley over to Edgey (a few have since gone to other clubs anyway) then why are you phrasing it as if "Foley stole all the good kids"....happens quite often in football, groups of players following a certain coach to other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Well done to Edgy, not only do they look like wrapping up
    the Premiership but they are doing it with one of the youngest squads in the NPL. They have a clear policy of promoting Youth over the past 2-3 seasons and it is now paying off. In contrast a couple of other "big" clubs below them don't seem to have any incentive for their younger players.
    One has become lazy the past few years, has arguably the strongest juniors year after year but thinks that getting the scraps off the Jets Youth/Emerging Jets is the way to go.
    The other has one of the highest paid players (and oldest) in the comp coming off the bench for 20 minutes each week and rarely gives players from it's strong 22's side a run.
    Weston is another club who deserves credit for promoting it's Youth and is once again having another good season.
    That is hilarious stopper2. All credit to them as they are having a great season. But a youth policy for the last 2-3 years? Last year they bought sanchez up front krncevik cam hughes Dylan holtz brae smith luke walker and josh evans. Some promoting of youth policy there I must say. Agree Zane has done well this year sticking by young blokes like keanu moore and brody taylor at the expense of the likes of tannock and pritchard but please call a spade a spade stopper

A couple of the young players doing well at Edgy were brought in under the wilson campaign. Moore, taylor, brice, Italian left back, Dillon, (may have missed players). quite few got a taste for 1st grade last year from what i saw. So, i wonder who really get the credit. Obviously its both. One would not have the success without the foundation from the other.

Shooting from the hip again FR.

Also i think Zane on brought in Olozomer (spelling??), The italian left back was there a couple of years and returned, Tannock also returning. So one could suggest Zane only brought in one player from what i can gather. Zane's squad is young and the majority have been at the club for 2 years or more. Hence, Wilson laying a more than fair foundation for a coach to step into.

No doubt that Zane deserves a hell of a lot of credit, but all the credit? i would tend to think not.

Also, these young players probably would have struggled last year. I think the club as a whole has done well for youth football in general. But it doesn't come down to one person.
    Last edited by immersion; 02-08-2015 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Okay then, credit to Zane. A lot of good kids at other clubs too just battling away in 22's not getting a go in 1st grade. That's the point I'm making, Edgey at least have had the balls to put faith in these youngsters and it is now paying off. By the way I have nothing to do with Edgey, just saying how I see it.
    Also if these kids wanted to follow Foley over to Edgey (a few have since gone to other clubs anyway) then why are you phrasing it as if "Foley stole all the good kids"....happens quite often in football, groups of players following a certain coach to other clubs.
    Rose coloured glasses

Would have to say this year has been one of the most entertaining at both ends of the table.