Page 74 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 2128

Thread: 2015 National Premier League thread

Glad to see the Azzuri bashing has stopped although must admit a lot was well deserved!Sorry you've taken over the mantle Southy.

It's funny how as a team drops to the bottom there is all of a sudden a club in shambles. Azzuri, Southy etc. Could it not just be a case of atm every other team is playing better football than southy? Plain and dry. Somebody has to come last.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    Glad to see the Azzuri bashing has stopped although must admit a lot was well deserved!Sorry you've taken over the mantle Southy.
    I think it's more so there's a few passionate supporters of the club disappointed at the looming prospect.
    If there was an occasion to step up, old boys day, against a team your directly fighting with to stay up, that was it. And I don't know as I wasn't there, but I've heard there wasn't as much fight as you'd usually associate with the South Cardiff Gunners.

Still think azzurri is in a worse position as a club with their fearless leader at the helm.

The looming prospect was around prior to June 30 and nothing changed, for those that don’t know the relevance of June 30, its registration deadline, surely some quality bench players at other clubs come to mind, Berlin, Tippett, Canli, Koina, Woods and even Hodgo might have been an option.

I have seen South Cardiff play a couple of times this year. The seem to be able to pass the ball around pretty well, for my mind they are missing a quality striker or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    It's funny how as a team drops to the bottom there is all of a sudden a club in shambles. Azzuri, Southy etc. Could it not just be a case of atm every other team is playing better football than southy? Plain and dry. Somebody has to come last.
    To consistently stay up in this league you need money, you can only punch above your weight for so long. The club needs serious sponsorship to get effective cattle.

There are not that many club people playing, the top players in this league have generally had 3 or 4 clubs, as they have had 2 or 3 jobs over this time, it's the modern way, money talks in this era unfortunately for the romantic.

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    To consistently stay up in this league you need money, you can only punch above your weight for so long. The club needs serious sponsorship to get effective cattle.

There are not that many club people playing, the top players in this league have generally had 3 or 4 clubs, as they have had 2 or 3 jobs over this time, it's the modern way, money talks in this era unfortunately for the romantic.
    Alot of money did Maitland no good this year. Won't make be playing finals football in any of their 7 NPL teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Newsfeed View Post
    Alot of money did Maitland no good this year. Won't make be playing finals football in any of their 7 NPL teams.
    I think your goal when you come up after being down in NewFM for so long is to stay up, that I believe would be there realistic goal.

Can someone from South Cardiff update sporting pulse for U22's and U19's... NPL Clubs have 3 grades playing on the senior match day.

With Maitland 5 points ahead of Southy with 5 games to go, how many points do we think Maitland need to realistically secure Southy not catching them.

Maitland play weston, adamstown, charly, jaffas, olympic
    Southy play olympic, magic, edgy, adamstown, jaffas

Southy in theory have a much tougher run there.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    With Maitland 5 points ahead of Southy with 5 games to go, how many points do we think Maitland need to realistically secure Southy not catching them.

Maitland play weston, adamstown, charly, jaffas, olympic
    Southy play olympic, magic, edgy, adamstown, jaffas

Southy in theory have a much tougher run there.
    In my opinion I can't see Southy getting any more points this season. They've got a tough run against some very strong sides and it wouldn't be a surprise to see them lose all five. I can see Maitland beating Charlestown and maybe Adamstown at home but that's about it. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    In my opinion I can't see Southy getting any more points this season. They've got a tough run against some very strong sides and it wouldn't be a surprise to see them lose all five. I can see Maitland beating Charlestown and maybe Adamstown at home but that's about it. I could be wrong though.
    Charlestown is not an easy game. They are a better side than where they are on the table. As regards southy having a tougher remaining schedule, I think it is much of a muchness.

Hope Olympic have the covers on for tomorrow's game, it's cloudy out

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Hope Olympic have the covers on for tomorrow's game, it's cloudy out
    Will be the same at Magic FR, preserving the pitch at all cost for the FFA Cup!

The worst refereeing in history,

The worst refereeing in history,
    Game review FR?

Game review FR?
    Agreed. Southy showed great character coming back from 2-0 down with 10 men.
    3-3 full time.
    Olympics season slowly slipping away

Game review FR?
    Had the better of chances early on but usual story, failed to convert, olympic scored of a well constructed move down their right for swan to finish of the cross, one nil at half time, second half thought we controlled the game with numerous ventures into olympic penalty box, olympic score against the run of play from some sloppy defending, 20 minutes left and Jarryd Johnson received second yellow, thought the flood gates could open but I was wrong, some tough tackling and poor defending see the gunners get one back through Sam Parker, then we receive a dubious penalty but happy to accept it, 2 all, from here on in its open slather as both teams open up through the middle, gunners are tiring quickly and olympic score their 3rd and what seemed to be the winner but an own goal from olympic from great pressure and tenacity see the gunners equalise, olympic receive a dubious penalty which sees the gunners coaching staff cleared from the bench, Tom pullin saves with his feet and it finishes 3 all, suprised by Olympics tactics goin 3 up front when gunners went to 10 men and 2 nil up, left a bit of room through the middle, standard of officiating left a lot to be desired, poor to say the least against both teams, well done gunners a point in the right direction

The Magpies take on fourth-placed Weston in the Coalfields derby still angry over a tackle from Troy Hearfield which effectively ended the season of stalwart midfielder Justin Broadley.
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/32...-derby/?cs=306
    Maito fired up?

Had the better of chances early on but usual story, failed to convert, olympic scored of a well constructed move down their right for swan to finish of the cross, one nil at half time, second half thought we controlled the game with numerous ventures into olympic penalty box, olympic score against the run of play from some sloppy defending, 20 minutes left and Jarryd Johnson received second yellow, thought the flood gates could open but I was wrong, some tough tackling and poor defending see the gunners get one back through Sam Parker, then we receive a dubious penalty but happy to accept it, 2 all, from here on in its open slather as both teams open up through the middle, gunners are tiring quickly and olympic score their 3rd and what seemed to be the winner but an own goal from olympic from great pressure and tenacity see the gunners equalise, olympic receive a dubious penalty which sees the gunners coaching staff cleared from the bench, Tom pullin saves with his feet and it finishes 3 all, suprised by Olympics tactics goin 3 up front when gunners went to 10 men and 2 nil up, left a bit of room through the middle, standard of officiating left a lot to be desired, poor to say the least against both teams, well done gunners a point in the right direction
    Nice review, can't wait for your reviews next year in the New Fm, was it called for, when you told an Olympic player to eat another pie ? After he scored?