Page 54 of 107 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2128

Thread: 2015 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    We all know that forevered only posts garbage towards magic because he is jealous,
    He is jealous because the only coach and players they can recruit are, FOG HORN - LEG HORN as coach and the rest are all chicken littles who play at the club. the only thing they can pay players with is free steggles chickens or henny penny
    Not sure what there is to be jealous of, plus I'm far from the jealous type, you really need to find your own material by the way boy

Hope to see lakes back in npl next season

Quote Originally Posted by adsa@burnley View Post
    Hope to see lakes back in npl next season
    Better pull there socks up then

And get onto Ancestry.com to find more Walker boys .

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Not sure what there is to be jealous of, plus I'm far from the jealous type, you really need to find your own material by the way boy
    I have found my original material charlie chook,
    I was part of the original group with MFKS and ZICO who started and continued the chicken parade BOY.
    In saying that forever i will stick by my club exactly what you are doing,
    at the end of the day there are plenty of pros than cons at magic. SOUTHY the complete opposite.

Seen plenty of pros at magic, they walk around in their high heels, the only cons I know follow olympic

Seen plenty of pros at magic, they walk around in their high heels, the only cons I know follow olympic
    - I pay that call forever, but only this time. ha ha

All in good fun

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Its called an opinion
    Deal with it

I reckon he is bang on with the Azzurri call. Don't follow enough of the New FM to know where that's at so will not comment on how good a call those predictions are.

Couldn't give a **** if there is half a season to go.
    Plenty of people will be thinking Azzurri are ****ed just like I do think they are ****ed

Plenty of people will be thinking Magic are faves to win comp just like I do think they will win it

Nothing really outlandish

Opinions you may not agree with them but deal with it
    Sure he's entitled to his opinion - I don't begrudge him that. I don't necessarily agree with his opinion but I'm cool with that.

What gets up my goat is that he then goes on about how CCB supporters should be looking over their shoulder at relegation.

The current system of promotion and relegation is a farce and the sooner it is dumped or re-organised the better for Newcastle Football.
    It serves no good interest to bang on about CCB's potential drop to NewFM and the club carnage that goes along with demotion (juniors back to interdistrict, Club players, board members and volunteers leaving en masse).

There will be enough time for the unlucky club to deal with this come August - we don't need to spend the entire season making hundreds of Senior and junior NPL players, families and supporters wondering about what they will be doing next year. The only way to improve football generally is to actually focus on player development - something that the current system actively discourages. The point I was making is that its fine to have an opinion but don't start putting fear into specific clubs when there is still such a long way to go in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    Sure he's entitled to his opinion - I don't begrudge him that. I don't necessarily agree with his opinion but I'm cool with that.

What gets up my goat is that he then goes on about how CCB supporters should be looking over their shoulder at relegation.

The current system of promotion and relegation is a farce and the sooner it is dumped or re-organised the better for Newcastle Football.
    It serves no good interest to bang on about CCB's potential drop to NewFM and the club carnage that goes along with demotion (juniors back to interdistrict, Club players, board members and volunteers leaving en masse).
    There will be enough time for the unlucky club to deal with this come August - we don't need to spend the entire season making hundreds of Senior and junior NPL players, families and supporters wondering about what they will be doing next year. The only way to improve football generally is to actually focus on player development - something that the current system actively discourages. The point I was making is that its fine to have an opinion but don't start putting fear into specific clubs when there is still such a long way to go in the season.
    Disagree,
    Gives lower division teams something to aim for and it makes the comp more competitive through the NPL,
    I just think if there were no promotion/relegation teams will get comfortable and no improvement will occur on and off the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Disagree,
    Gives lower division teams something to aim for and it makes the comp more competitive through the NPL,
    I just think if there were no promotion/relegation teams will get comfortable and no improvement will occur on and off the pitch.
    ditto

Maybe use the Scottish system where the lowest NPL side play the top New-FM side in a one-off play-off game. Anyway that aside, look at Valo as an example. They were relegated two seasons ago and have continued to build their side and look on track for promotion this season. Does anyone happen to know if Wallsend can be promoted, I remember seeing something saying Valo and Lakes were the only sides but not sure. Their ground is decent at the Gardens.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Maybe use the Scottish system where the lowest NPL side play the top New-FM side in a one-off play-off game. Anyway that aside, look at Valo as an example. They were relegated two seasons ago and have continued to build their side and look on track for promotion this season. Does anyone happen to know if Wallsend can be promoted, I remember seeing something saying Valo and Lakes were the only sides but not sure. Their ground is decent at the Gardens.
    Open up the full pyramid.

Likewise with the FFA Cup, just draw the ****ing thing properly and pit Newcastle, Northern Inland, Mid North Coast and Northern teams against each other from the start rather than this current bullshit. And rather than pre-determining who gets to host, just let the first drawn out host.

****ing shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Open up the full pyramid.

Likewise with the FFA Cup, just draw the ****ing thing properly and pit Newcastle, Northern Inland, Mid North Coast and Northern teams against each other from the start rather than this current bullshit. And rather than pre-determining who gets to host, just let the first drawn out host.

****ing shambles.
    Agree with the FFA Cup. More teams are stepping up to New-FM level now (Kahibah, Cooks Hill & Wallsend) and in my opinion that comp is only getting better every season. It's hard though for teams to come up with the requirements for NPL like the whole Junior base down to 13's and facility requirements and what not. I know Cooks Hill are aiming for NPL within three seasons and I can see Wallsend getting there within the next few years as long as the Gardens is allowed as a venue.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Agree with the FFA Cup. More teams are stepping up to New-FM level now (Kahibah, Cooks Hill & Wallsend) and in my opinion that comp is only getting better every season. It's hard though for teams to come up with the requirements for NPL like the whole Junior base down to 13's and facility requirements and what not. I know Cooks Hill are aiming for NPL within three seasons and I can see Wallsend getting there within the next few years as long as the Gardens is allowed as a venue.
    P/R encourages clubs to improve rather than stagnate.

Likewise in relation to the FFA Cup, I'm sure some ZL1/NewFM teams would get a bit of a shock from time to time playing the Northern teams. I know quite a few who have played NewFM after leaving the Northern leagues and done quite well.

Not to mention Urunga winning the State Cup a few years ago, downing Magic IIRC.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post

Maybe that is the problem at Azzurri.Denial

If your not worried about playing New FM and will deal with that in August I have news for you. If your don't pull your fingers out you will be looking forward to it in July when it is already confirmed that your going down.

If your worried about how this effects all those that are involved with Azzurri you should be cause your likely to be paying the price.

As for the current system being unfair what you talking about. You come last you go down. How is that unfair??

Did have someone suggest an alternative idea to do it as a Club Championship system with all NPL grades counting. Each higher grade is weighted higher with Firsts earning the most then 22s then 19s etc

It reflects general failure across all grades of the club better and is used in the NSW NPL and keeps all teams focused all season as the younger ages being strong can keep a club up who may not be having a great year in firsts

If it had of been applied last season Southy with their issues with their lower grade NPL sides would have went to New FM and not Lakes

The only problem I find with this is that it brings in a win at all costs in the youth leagues and can be detrimental on developement

The only problem I find with this is that it brings in a win at all costs in the youth leagues and can be detrimental on developement
    how ??? does not matter how many NPL Youth trophy's you pick up...............if 1st grade come last you are relegated ............

Banned
    Understand that can be an issue. That also being said FR there is no easy way around it but we have to teach footballers how to WIN at some stage.

I like the idea of doing it as a club championship. It actually encourages the club to be strong and putting resources into all the club and not just wasting all their efforts at first grade level.

Look at Jaffas recent years have done nothing in lower grades but have had a great First grade side.They would have been in trouble going down this road and it would have forced them to focus more across the club.

That also being said if your relying on your U14s to win games to avoid relegation cause the rest of your club is shit FR you really have no right to complain

Your comment about your goat is very disturbing . This is surely a practice that should be left to the Greek islands from whence it came