Page 11 of 107 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    Sorry to offend,obviously I have misrepresented Jaffas choice of opposition,clearly their aim is to win as many games as they can now as maybe leaner times could be ahead who knows.By the way has Maguire had a run?
    Yes spot on Tonestar, we are scared we are not going to win any games during the season so we are playing easy opposition?
    I didn't hear you bagging CCB out about playing Valentine? Surely Lakes are better opposition given they were in NPL last year?

The fact is clubs don't like playing other clubs from the same division, so Lakes, valentine, are the pick of the Next best level.

Suns were a last minute game because Maitland pulled out on us and we wanted to continue having a run rather than a weekend off.

PS we are playing Valentine this weekend, are they acceptable given CCB and Valo was a close score? Or would that be perceived as an easier game again?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaf Jaf View Post
    Yes spot on Tonestar, we are scared we are not going to win any games during the season so we are playing easy opposition?
    I didn't hear you bagging CCB out about playing Valentine? Surely Lakes are better opposition given they were in NPL last year?

The fact is clubs don't like playing other clubs from the same division, so Lakes, valentine, are the pick of the Next best level.

Suns were a last minute game because Maitland pulled out on us and we wanted to continue having a run rather than a weekend off.

PS we are playing Valentine this weekend, are they acceptable given CCB and Valo was a close score? Or would that be perceived as an easier game again?
    Touche

Jaffas will walk the comp in.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Football lover View Post
    I am expecting them to be one of the teams to beat. As far as walking the comp in I think your being a tad dramatic and OTT. There is now way in the world they will walk it in with other teams like Magic about

Quote Originally Posted by Football lover View Post
    Care to elaborate ? Thats a big statement . I have said that either Magic or Jaffas will win it. But I think the comp will be super close and there will be multiple teams challanging.

18 x 3pts so 54 points available for all teams : so how many points will Jaffas get ?

I think the comp may be won with as little as 35 pts that is basing the winning team having a season that consists of 10 wins , 5 draws and 3 loses = 35pts .

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I am expecting them to be one of the teams to beat. As far as walking the comp in I think your being a tad dramatic and OTT. There is now way in the world they will walk it in with other teams like Magic about
    Magic and Weston and Maitland and Adamstown and Hamilton and CCB and Southy and Jets and Edgeworth.

Ouch!That hurt haha.Only winding you up,bit early to be too serious me thinks.Seriously though Jaffas got a good side & will take Valo apart although I do think they will be favourites to win the Comp(Valo that is).Azzuri play Wallsend this week so they are avoiding big fish too.Look forward to more posts from all.PS.Love my new name!

Nobody will walk the comp in
    Last year 1 game could have made results so different
    Had Jaffas beat jets second last game they would have won the minor premiership
    Had jagfas lost 2 extra games they would have missed out on the top 5
    Comp is very close, closest it's been in a long time the last couple of years
    It's great for the comp. now you have names like maitland and Adamstown being thrown into the top 5 as contenders, it definitely makes it interesting!

By no means do I believe that any team in this years comp will walk it in. I believe that there will be 3-6 points in it at the end, but will be a two horse race for most of the year. For me personally, that's jaffas and magic, but I may be wrong.

Don't recall any team winning by a large amount for some years now. last one was magic back in 2010 I think? possibly by 12-14 points?

Quote Originally Posted by TouchAndPlay View Post
    By no means do I believe that any team in this years comp will walk it in. I believe that there will be 3-6 points in it at the end, but will be a two horse race for most of the year. For me personally, that's jaffas and magic, but I may be wrong.

Don't recall any team winning by a large amount for some years now. last one was magic back in 2010 I think? possibly by 12-14 points?
    Yeah we are looking forward to it, will be a close comp with nothing splitting the top 5 IMO

Yeah we are looking forward to it, will be a close comp with nothing splitting the top 5 IMO
    Isn't it top 4 this year Jaf

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Isn't it top 4 this year Jaf
    I have no idea, Ill ask Tanch or Snedds at training tonight. I havnt heard that, when did that come out??
    That makes it interesting and even harder in a very tight comp.
    What are your thoughts on that? I think it still should be 5.

Banned
    I have no idea, Ill ask Tanch or Snedds at training tonight. I havnt heard that, when did that come out??
    It is Top 4 this season been known for quite a while

Jets Yoof can win the NPL regular season but are unable to compete in Semis. So the 5th place team will qualify for semis if the Jets finish top 4 and everyone will move up a spot accordingly

I thought that it is top four & Jets are ineligible to participate in finals & semis are 2 legs like New FM Comp.

IMO, the top 4 is the best method.
    The problem I have with the Top 5 is that it's a conundrum whether finishing first actually gets an advantage.
    If you finish first, you can play 1 game in 3 weeks, then play a Grand Final 2 weeks after your last game. 2 games in 4 weeks. I think, mentally, it is very tough to play a grand final after 2 weeks off.
    The plus side, is you get to physically recuperate.
    I'd rather play consecutive games and keep the intensity up.

That being said, I never made a Grand Final with the 2 x legs, but did in the Top 5 system after finishing 1st. So my bias should be the other way.

Edit: And yes, Top 4 this year. Jets ineligible for Finals.

Save your money folks, $10 entry fee for NPL games,

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Got to pay the exorbitant player wages I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    That's ridiculous isn't it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Football life View Post
    That's ridiculous isn't it.
    Yep.