Page 2 of 107 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    signed garry kenneth, 27 year old scot who played a couple of games for scotland, central defender who is currently playing pub league in scotland
    Does not beat the conveyor belt of talent coming out the chicken farm does it FR ? ha ha .

That is great news if true that Adamstown have signed that player from the UK. Another great addition to the local comp.

Keep it coming teams , looking like a great season ahead.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by I changed my user name View Post
    That is great news if true that Adamstown have signed that player from the UK. Another great addition to the local comp.

Keep it coming teams , looking like a great season ahead.
    If its true it means the Buds have signed a bloke who marked Ibra in his international début

Ibra scored of course

From all the player movements discussed on here can anyone start trying to name a top 15 player list from each club. I'll start it off with the favourites magic.
    Archibald
    Griffiths
    Piddington
    Virgilli
    Higgins
    Kantarovski
    Hoole
    Casceroli
    Pettit
    Haynes
    Berlin
    Fajkovic
    Bradbury
    Tippett
    Finlayson

That is probably magics best 15. Any other clubs?

What makes magic favourites ..... they finished second bottom last year.......... signed a few decent players but so have most the teams at the top.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Moley View Post
    What makes magic favourites ..... they finished second bottom last year.......... signed a few decent players but so have most the teams at the top.
    That the 3 years before that with by and large the same group of players they won the thing.

Form is temporary class is permanent and all that shit.

Wow. Have they got enough strikers. I sure hope Faj n a few others don't mind spending time on the bench.

Dunno if the clubs will post their top 15 Wanabe but nice try!!!
    Last edited by Blueblood; 12-01-2015 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Blueblood View Post
    Wow. Have they got enough strikers. I sure hope Faj n a few others don't mind spending time on the bench.

Lol,wasn't expecting clubs to post their top 15 blueblood,was more asking people on here to have a shot at guessing ckubs top 15. But if foreverred wants to give us his top 15 I won't complain. Over to you FR

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Lol,wasn't expecting clubs to post their top 15 blueblood,was more asking people on here to have a shot at guessing ckubs top 15. But if foreverred wants to give us his top 15 I won't complain. Over to you FR
    What's your beloved Olympics top 15

From all the player movements discussed on here can anyone start trying to name a top 15 player list from each club. I'll start it off with the favourites magic.
    Archibald
    Griffiths
    Piddington
    Virgilli
    Higgins
    Kantarovski
    Hoole
    Casceroli
    Pettit
    Haynes
    Berlin
    Fajkovic
    Bradbury
    Tippett
    Finlayson

That is probably magics best 15. Any other clubs?
    Murray Fletcher needs to slot in there some where as well.

Wow. Have they got enough strikers. I sure hope Faj n a few others don't mind spending time on the bench

You got to remember there is 3 to 4 of them coming to the end part of there hay day.. so the sigings are probably more for future and stability..

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    What's your beloved Olympics top 15
    My beloved Olympic. I think you should go back and check some of your posts and then re comment about your beloved olympic

My beloved Olympic. I think you should go back and check some of your posts and then re comment about your beloved olympic
    I couldn't careless who their top 15 is. As long as they put in a lot better showing then last year I'll be happy

Quote Originally Posted by mother theresa View Post
    Rosebuds in paper state they have plenty of points left , with all there star signings.
    Give them a calculator quick, news flash its 200 point in 2015, not 280 what they got in 2014.
    Surely Musialik, bates and the Scotsman would be close to 20+ points each?????? let alone Matty Paul and the rest
    Today's Herald states that Adamstown think they will avoid the Visa penalty for Bates because he has secured a skilled temporary visa... Last time i checked a visa was a visa, how can they not think they will attract the penalty. NNSWF wake up and don't let them pull the wool over your eyes like so many other clubs have regarding homegrown players, these situations continue to make the PPS a joke.

Aah the points system debate , now this was good fun last year about this time as the clubs attempt to get everything signed off by Northern.

Magician who exactly are you pointing to when you make the statement about clubs pulling the wool over Notherns eyes last year ?

Edgeworth... Azzuri.. claiming players that had switched from Magic U19's and U22's as home grown players. claiming players for years of service longer than they were at the club for. The continuing double standards of players leaving the jets, some attracting the switching player penalty while others are not or its half applied. The list goes on... and on.. and on...

But the main thing is the dishonestly and conniving of the clubs to attempt it, blatant and totally lacking in integrity in administration. It's obvious that most clubs have no idea who have played for them and for how long.

I had a view on this points debate last year and the best solution and it is as follows:

All clubs get a list of each teams submitted 20 man pool and the points allocated to each player . They then have time to put together a list of any concerns or questions they may want answered and a date is set for someone to represent their clubs in a round table environment where all clubs must be in attendance allow with a Northern committee .

At this meeting each team presents their list and the clubs have an opportunity too raise these concerns in a professional environment and if not happy with the answers this goes to Northern to make a decision on.

But hey this is just a sensible idea so I would fully expect it to not be seen as a good idea :-) ... Or we could just all bitch about it on hear which is much more fun Ha Ha

no bitching required
    either:
    1- follow the rules with the player point system, and stop all the creative accounting, jobs offered to players, external sponsorships,running youth academies, freebies, etc
    or
    2- Make it a free for all, and every club can sign, buy, and pay for who you can and want to win a $80 cup, also recieve the poor prize monies on offer, which doesnt cover you clubs entry into the competition..
    The common denominator here is- THE SAME, it is currently happening
    Why did you even bother tagging my post with your response as yours has no relevance to my point I made . Other than teh fact that you are bitching in your point 1. even though you say no bitching required ?

I was simply trying to offer a solution to the problem , I have no idea what clubs are offering in pay , jobs , holidays or whatever else (which may i add is not against any the competition rules) but i do agree that the points system is slack at best and needs resolving.

i wasnt having a dig, just merely stating that either way- with or without point systems, there are ways to manipulate to suit.
    thats it!
    deep breath
    All good , thanks. I guess there are ways to manipulate everything in life , just ask my mother n law !!!!

no bitching required
    either:
    1- follow the rules with the player point system, and stop all the creative accounting, jobs offered to players, external sponsorships,running youth academies, freebies, etc
    or
    2- Make it a free for all, and every club can sign, buy, and pay for who you can and want to win a $80 cup, also recieve the poor prize monies on offer, which doesnt cover you clubs entry into the competition..
    The common denominator here is- THE SAME, it is currently happening
    1. Teams will not follow No1.

2. As soon as there are guidlines most teams will step over them to get an advantage.

3. Never underestimate trophy hunters

Good luck to all teams including those bending the rules without getting caught. At least nnsw have tried.