Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by el gringo View Post
    Time will tell Cobra! There's only so long you can hold on to successes of the past before you need to bite the bullet and start looking at the future. Just the Gringo's opinion though!
    Silly Call, everyone knows you need experience and older heads in a succesful team.
    take those 3 out and there is not many leaders in still a very young team.
    Like i said before they are only 32 ..They are not injury prone, and they all can still play good football.
    Last edited by cobra23; 16-01-2015 at 01:28 PM.

Thinking about a Central Coast team in NPL,how many Coast guys play here now?I know Valentine have a few,could we name a competitive squad?

Quote Originally Posted by I changed my user name View Post
    i would imagine a successful senior coach has to have that tough streak in them to be successful otherwise the players will just run over the top of you . Do you think that Chilli or Tanch or Pryce or any other good senior coaches dont have that toughness in them ?
    Each player is different. Some respond well to "tough" "hard love", and have a point to prove and do it. Others will crumble under the constant pressure.

Personally, having played under a variety of different personalities, I performed best under a coach who will let you know it's not good enough, but will offer advice and encouragement on how to make it better an praise you when you did rectify it. Far too many coaches expect their players to be robotic, do things by the book and rarely make mistakes. While playing, I've heard opposition coaches absolutely nail their players on the field, loudly, so everyone can hear. This does absolutely no good for them. When I Captained, i found the best approach was to always be positive, as the negativity often loses you respect in some way shape or form and dashes the player's confidence. "C'mon mate, can't lose it there, let's win it back now..." "Head up, win the next one!". And a simple "good job" when they do something good, leaves everyone feeling that bit better about it. I guess that's the mental approach to coaching which is an entirely different debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    Thinking about a Central Coast team in NPL,how many Coast guys play here now?I know Valentine have a few,could we name a competitive squad?
    No thanks.

Perhaps he coaches the adults differently but i would imagine a successful senior coach has to have that tough streak in them to be successful otherwise the players will just run over the top of you . Do you think that Chilli or Tanch or Pryce or any other good senior coaches dont have that toughness in them ?
    I agree, I suppose its just all about getting that mix right! Some people just have that natural ability in terms of their demeanour and social skills, other people aren't so lucky & end up causing disharmony and unrest within their respective camps which sounds like what might be happening at the buds. Probably shouldn't read into it too much though, probably just a couple of disgruntled players who weren't good enough to make the cut!

On a different note, really excited to see how this Dundee Utd player goes! Could be one of the best signings of the league just by looking at his resume. Bit of a gamble maybe as I did wonder why he was playing pub football. Let's hope he hits the type of form that got him his national caps!

Also, Maco Cup starts soon so it'll be a good chance to see where the boys are at. Hoping can go all the way and start the season with some silverware!

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Each player is different. Some respond well to "tough" "hard love", and have a point to prove and do it. Others will crumble under the constant pressure.

Personally, having played under a variety of different personalities, I performed best under a coach who will let you know it's not good enough, but will offer advice and encouragement on how to make it better an praise you when you did rectify it. Far too many coaches expect their players to be robotic, do things by the book and rarely make mistakes. While playing, I've heard opposition coaches absolutely nail their players on the field, loudly, so everyone can hear. This does absolutely no good for them. When I Captained, i found the best approach was to always be positive, as the negativity often loses you respect in some way shape or form and dashes the player's confidence. "C'mon mate, can't lose it there, let's win it back now..." "Head up, win the next one!". And a simple "good job" when they do something good, leaves everyone feeling that bit better about it. I guess that's the mental approach to coaching which is an entirely different debate.
    Good post totally agree Bremststahlung . Player management is huge and the days of just whipping players will get you nothing apart from an unhappy bunch of players that will not roll up the sleeves for you when you need it.

There is also a line that needs drawn that the players need to know as well other wise you have the opposite effect to the above in that the players will not respect you if they have no boundaries

[QUOTE=Bremsstrahlung;105857] "C'mon mate, can't lose it there, let's win it back now..."QUOTE]

you'll get 110% effort after comments like this. Although you'll hear* it back when the reverse happens
    Last edited by hawk; 16-01-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringo View Post
    Ruffled some feathers may be right! I'm hearing whispers of some disharmony in the camp already and it's only preseason! Apparently there's a bunch of boys who arent too happy with his style of "player management", apparently he isn't too much of a "people person" haha. Bugger them though I say, he should stick with his guns. Personally I want to see the buds do well, it would be good for the league if they were successful.
    EL GRINGO are you ZICO ??

Expansion will only happen when the Jets head to play in the NPL2 in Sydney. Fed will experiment with a 12 team comp again but most likely keep it at 10. NEWFM league will be disbanded and those clubs play in a rejigged inter-district. Fed will administer speers point, NPL and high performance programs.
    Last edited by The Magician; 16-01-2015 at 04:09 PM.

CCM play in the second division, Jets wouldnt be allowed to play in the top division... The technical direction of NNSWF wants it to happen, NNSWF admin would find a way to play in the "most competitive league" available... Obviously illustrates that our own top football development officers in our region think that 2nd in sydney is better than first in newie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    CCM play in the second division, Jets wouldnt be allowed to play in the top division... The technical direction of NNSWF wants it to happen, NNSWF admin would find a way to play in the "most competitive league" available... Obviously illustrates that our own top football development officers in our region think that 2nd in sydney is better than first in newie.
    probably is

Quote Originally Posted by mother theresa View Post
    why no thanks?
    so you would rather have a jets team instead????
    i would rather expand the compettion with 12 teams, and have Budgy in there,than have the jets playing and or a bye.
    progression is what we need, not the bullshit dished like past 20 years
    *I'm going to ignore the fact that gypos are scum in this post*

Without any clear indication it would happen, it's a bit hard to form a constructive argument against the process.
    How is it progression though, if i may ask?
    And how does this benefit football in NNSW?
    If these players are playing here anyway, concentrating them into one team will not strengthen the competition. Besides, Central Coast are part of Football NSW, not NNSW so i doubt it would be approved anyway.
    At least when the Jets screw the League over, it is somewhat forgivable as they represent the region.

Magic to announce BIG singing by the end of the weekend! Mcbreen???

Quote Originally Posted by mother theresa View Post
    why no thanks?
    so you would rather have a jets team instead????
    i would rather expand the compettion with 12 teams, and have Budgy in there,than have the jets playing and or a bye.
    progression is what we need, not the bullshit dished like past 20 years
    FFA Cup has been the most inovative thing to date
    whats wrong with a Jets side? It raises the competition level in all areas. and as mentioned the gypos belong in nsw.

I think the level of football npl is slowly evolving for the better due to the pesky jets. And it has to, this area has put provided teams that has rivalled any team in the state in years gone by and no reason why it cant hit those heights again if the whole system has a fair go.

Is he doing requests!

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    EL GRINGO are you ZICO ??
    F@ck off Cobra, there is only 1 Zico!
    Last edited by Zico; 16-01-2015 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Newsfeed View Post
    Magic to announce BIG singing by the end of the weekend! Mcbreen???
    Bet he does a great version of the Pilot hit "Magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post

Great post

Cannot comment on the Adamstown part as I would not know if true or otherwise. I will add my thoughts on this coach though as I have watched first hand over the last few months my grandson develop under him and he is most definetly a people person and engages superbly with the children at sporty kids and he is a good coach. Perhaps he coaches the adults differently but i would imagine a successful senior coach has to have that tough streak in them to be successful otherwise the players will just run over the top of you . Do you think that Chilli or Tanch or Pryce or any other good senior coaches dont have that toughness in them ?
    I can vouch for Graham as a coach with both seniors and juniors, with the seniors it may take players and other club coaches time to adjust to his style but once they understand him and the way he works they will learn plenty from the bloke.

As for his work with the kids football, my son also attends the Jobe clinics in which Graham is a coach and he is fantastic with the young fellas and gets them to respond very easily.

Give him a chance at the Buds and you will see the development of the teams he works with.

Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    I can vouch for Graham as a coach with both seniors and juniors, with the seniors it may take players and other club coaches time to adjust to his style but once they understand him and the way he works they will learn plenty from the bloke.

As for his work with the kids football, my son also attends the Jobe clinics in which Graham is a coach and he is fantastic with the young fellas and gets them to respond very easily.

Give him a chance at the Buds and you will see the development of the teams he works with.
    Graham Law is good value, I did the C Licence with him last year. He's committed, knowledgeable and a straight shooter, if I was still playing I think he'd be the sort of coach I'd give my all for.