Page 53 of 107 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2128

Thread: 2015 National Premier League thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Kale has 8 goals and Faj has 7 goals in seven games and are setting the npl on fire. They would have been lucky to score 8 between them last year at the jaffas. Did Tanch play them out of position last year or are they just getting better coaching this year?
    Kale played up front for Jaffas last year. Personally I have felt for the last 18 months he has been in a bit of a rut. Ever since he basically seen the writing on the wall at the Jets he just dropped down a notch or two. From what I seem of him last night he ain't far away from getting the mojo back. His last goal was ****ing sublime.He had the ball and he was in control. The structure at Magic seems a lot better for him as they are using his speed more and his teammates are not getting in his way. Last year at Jaffas I felt he and Maj kept getting in each others way at times.

As for Dino his game has gone up a notch or two this year and he is firing big time. Spent a lot of time last season at Jaffas playing on the flank and bench and didn't look happy. I was surprised he went to Magic as competition for places with Berlin Petit Tippet Haynes Kale etc would not necessarily see him playing and he could have went to a fair few clubs and been the Star. The competition for places has actually seen him thrive though. His form is red hot and he is actually a big part of Magic's success and not a bit part player adding the occasional cameo
    Still playing wide on the left which ideally may not please him but his form and confidence is sky high at present and you wouldn't know if he was unhappy about it

Don't know where you got your information from but obviously either a jets source trying to make the club look better from a situation they knew Zane had f!!!!d up. The CEO told Kale he could sign for whoever he wanted, and when he did, Zane shafted him. The reason Kale was asked to go to a certain club was because they had helped the jets out with grounds, if that was the case no one has helped the jets out more than Magic, but he was told not to go there. So it was just BULL!!T politics from one person, that's why he came out in the paper to try and cover his ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    If I'm led to believe correctly, Kale was told he wasn't wanted at the time but that they wanted him to go to a smaller NBN club to show he could make things happen in a worse team, and that they would continually monitor him doing so.

He then signed for arguably the biggest spending NBN club.

That's how I was told it went down.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Clearly it wasn't the case last year at Magic.
    You do have a massively better side this season though. Kale Finlayson and Faj are in the top 25 players in the comp.

Your defence though is the thing that needs working on.Despite the 5 goals last night the Jets actually should have more than the two but their touch and finishing was pretty poor in the final 3rd. Many times they easily carved you up and at times it w's far too easy.

No doubt you will be hard to toss come the finals and can probably duke it and try and outscore anyone with your firepower but that defence needs some work or it is a big chance to come back to bite you come knockout games if your opponent keeps your attack out

2014 Magic Player of the Year Jon Griffiths makes his return from injury tonight in the 22's vs Edgeworth and Luke Virgili aint too far away either... theres a few handy additions to the defence...

Last night Anthony Konjarski made his first grade debut at right back covering for Jayden Barber... so theres great youth and depth there...

Yeah they been letting in a few goals but theres plenty of defensive cover so i expect to see a tighten up at the back as we see more competition for spots develop.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    2014 Magic Player of the Year Jon Griffiths makes his return from injury tonight in the 22's vs Edgeworth and Luke Virgili aint too far away either... theres a few handy additions to the defence...

Last night Anthony Konjarski made his first grade debut at right back covering for Jayden Barber... so theres great youth and depth there...

Yeah they been letting in a few goals but theres plenty of defensive cover so i expect to see a tighten up at the back as we see more competition for spots develop.
    Looks more to me a structural issue.

Your personnel at the attacking end ain't the greatest contributors defensively and do a lot of walking and leaving it to others.

Jonny Griff will help but far too often it is man on man at the back and acres of space and your back 4 is left high and dry by those in front not getting back or even trying to

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post

Both virgilli and Griffith played last year in what some say was a poor defensive broadmeadow side so I'm not sure what the beat up is about their return

Who has the skill and awareness to really punish them though?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    More a case of you defend really well and they are not firing then you will get your chances to get goals. Then its up to you to defend well.

For a side at the top of the table their defence is ridiculously pourous

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    More a case of you defend really well and they are not firing
    then you will get your chances to get goals. Then its up to you to defend well.

For a side at the top of the table their defence is ridiculously pourous
    Will be a big game in two weeks if both Magic and Olympic are still undefeated. I think Olympic are the only side who can challenge Magic from running away with the premiership, and possibly Edgeworth

Banned
    Will be a big game in two weeks if both Magic and Olympic are still undefeated. I think Olympic are the only side who can challenge Magic from running away with the premiership, and possibly Edgeworth
    End of day it is GF.

Magic will be thereabouts.

I fully expect them to win the comp and am happy to call it now.

Just a matter of whether they are not exposed on any given day in the finals as one slip up is fatal.

Fix their defence and NNSW may as well just give them the trophy now

Huge call at this time of the year when 1st round has not been completed, injuries could change things for a lot of teams, but if the top 4 teams stay healthy Magic, Olympic, Edgeworth & Jaffas { Jets Youth are out can't play in semis and possibly wouldn't have made it]. The interest could be in relegation battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    End of day it is GF.

Magic will be thereabouts.

I fully expect them to win the comp and am happy to call it now.

Just a matter of whether they are not exposed on any given day in the finals as one slip up is fatal.

Fix their defence and NNSW may as well just give them the trophy now

Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Huge call at this time of the year when 1st round has not been completed, injuries could change things for a lot of teams, but if the top 4 teams stay healthy Magic, Olympic, Edgeworth & Jaffas { Jets Youth are out can't play in semis and possibly wouldn't have made it]. The interest could be in relegation battle.
    Not really a big call,
    Injurys could change things for a lot of teams. but look at the replacements for MAGIC there will be 2 or so top players that will not even get on the piitch let alone the ones sitting on the bench, thats the big difference to other teams.
    at the end of the day Anything can happen.

Anyway stop the bitching just for today and let the joy of stubbins sacking take over....

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    South Armidale

Craig Kerry is ridiculous.

In todays Herald he has already written off CCB's to finish last in NPL and thinks Wallsend or Kahibah can finish first in NewFM.

Can someone please tell him the season is less than half complete, and if a team gets on a run of wins or losses in either of these comps then the tables change dramatically.
    Why focus on CCB? Southy, Adamstown and Maitland also only have one win to date.

To think Kahibah in particular can win NewFM is ridiculous. The team can't score goals, their biggest scalp has been Cooks Hill and still has to play Lakes twice, Wallsend twice and Valentine once.

Far to early to be making predictions on promotion or relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    My nanna could coach that team, please don't harp on about better coaching, put the same coach with a lesser squad, if he does well then share the accolades,
    Probably the most ignorant post ive seen on here all season.. Definitely wasn't the case for magic last season with a very similar squad. One of the most important roles for a coach is player recruitment, and that is something that chilli and naumov have always been good at. and before people come in and say its solely because there club can pay there players certain dollars, id like you to look at other big spenders in the league like the jaffas and Olympic and see the state that there respective coaches have got the club in. even maitland who where splashing some big big cash at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by TouchAndPlay View Post
    Probably the most ignorant post ive seen on here all season.. Definitely wasn't the case for magic last season with a very similar squad. One of the most important roles for a coach is player recruitment, and that is something that chilli and naumov have always been good at. and before people come in and say its solely because there club can pay there players certain dollars, id like you to look at other big spenders in the league like the jaffas and Olympic and see the state that there respective coaches have got the club in. even maitland who where splashing some big big cash at the start of the season.
    We all know that forevered only posts garbage towards magic because he is jealous,
    He is jealous because the only coach and players they can recruit are, FOG HORN - LEG HORN as coach and the rest are all chicken littles who play at the club. the only thing they can pay players with is free steggles chickens or henny penny

Quote Originally Posted by TouchAndPlay View Post
    This is probably the most ignorant post I have seen all season. A very similar squad to last year,your joking right. They have added Archibald, Finlayson , Fajkovic and Bradbury to their starting line plus the korean player. How is this a similar squad to last year. What state are the other two clubs in? Jaffas are the defending premiers not magic and Olympic were club champions last year not magic and sit two points behind magic on the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    We all know that forevered only posts garbage towards magic because he is jealous,
    He is jealous because the only coach and players they can recruit are, FOG HORN - LEG HORN as coach and the rest are all chicken littles who play at the club. the only thing they can pay players with is free steggles chickens or henny penny
    mmmm chicken

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    Craig Kerry is ridiculous.

In todays Herald he has already written off CCB's to finish last in NPL and thinks Wallsend or Kahibah can finish first in NewFM.

Can someone please tell him the season is less than half complete, and if a team gets on a run of wins or losses in either of these comps then the tables change dramatically.
    Why focus on CCB? Southy, Adamstown and Maitland also only have one win to date.

To think Kahibah in particular can win NewFM is ridiculous. The team can't score goals, their biggest scalp has been Cooks Hill and still has to play Lakes twice, Wallsend twice and Valentine once.

Far to early to be making predictions on promotion or relegation.
    Its called an opinion
    Deal with it

I reckon he is bang on with the Azzurri call. Don't follow enough of the New FM to know where that's at so will not comment on how good a call those predictions are.

Couldn't give a **** if there is half a season to go.
    Plenty of people will be thinking Azzurri are ****ed just like I do think they are ****ed

Plenty of people will be thinking Magic are faves to win comp just like I do think they will win it

Nothing really outlandish

Opinions you may not agree with them but deal with it

This is probably the most ignorant post I have seen all season. A very similar squad to last year,your joking right. They have added Archibald, Finlayson , Fajkovic and Bradbury to their starting line plus the korean player. How is this a similar squad to last year. What state are the other two clubs in? Jaffas are the defending premiers not magic and Olympic were club champions last year not magic and sit two points behind magic on the ladder.
    last years magic squad was very similar to the one that won the GF the year before in 2013