Page 61 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2128

Thread: 2015 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Had to repost this one sorry tonester. Not one of your better predictions I would think
    Thanks for that,just what I needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedymetric View Post
    Weren't you already calling Magic as Premiers just a couple of days ago?

Now they lose one attacker and somehow their defence falls apart!

If they can't beat the "flogs from Kurri", who you claim are shit, at home how can they win the whole thing?
    Can see magic struggling if haynes and piddington are out for any length of time with their injuries

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    Charlestown have got bigger issues than the keeper from what I witnessed today so keep your old No 1 shirt tucked away Tonester. By the way, did young Birdy play today?
    You were there,you tell me how you think he went I'm sure everyone would prefer it to my biased opinion.

Don't know what Jared's deal is with Weston or any non-metro team.

Watched the game on Youtube between Magic and the Bears, wouldn't have called it a particularly physical match.

Hearfield's challenge was only a yellow, no need for a red - was only a single foot involved and he got the ball. Big deal. Haynes played on for a while and didn't seem too injured when he went off - more of a precaution IMO.

As for the implication that Weston were only dangerous from set pieces, well they were dangerous from set pieces (as normal) but they did score 3/4 in open play.

NB the washouts in Newie are ridiculous. NNSWF needs to set in. Stupid that Clubs are making unanimous decisions. Should be decided by the TWO clubs in question and the match officials at the time of kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    You were there,you tell me how you think he went I'm sure everyone would prefer it to my biased opinion.
    Thought he was very very average to be honest but then again it was a pretty average overall performance by Azzurri.

Was just interested in your thoughts on Birdy considering the pasting you gave your keeper. I didn't think the keeper was horrendous - then again people see things differently.

Thought he was very very average to be honest but then again it was a pretty average overall performance by Azzurri.

Was just interested in your thoughts on Birdy considering the pasting you gave your keeper. I didn't think the keeper was horrendous - then again people see things differently.
    Keeper gifted olympic 2 goals but also made some good saves.
    The defence is terrible. Maybe prycey should put the boots back on
    Birdy tried hard and looked dangerous on occasions. Wouldn't say he was very average

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Keeper gifted olympic 2 goals but also made some good saves.
    The defence is terrible. Maybe prycey should put the boots back on
    Birdy tried hard and looked dangerous on occasions. Wouldn't say he was very average
    So the keeping issue is really a matter of the number of shots and that you can't keep them all out.

My opinion of our keeper is cumulative over many rounds.His displays vs.Maitland,Rosebuds in FFA Cup &Edgy have all been of a similar quality.The defence is rubbish but I know how a keeper can inspire defenders with confidence if they fulfil their role competently.As far as Birdy goes he was CCB's best player again&it amazes me the number of times he gets fouled.His main fault is his belief that he needs to do everything & this doesn't allow him to play his own game.Changing positions 3/4 times a game doesn't help either.Pretty sure things might change next season.

As far as Birdy goes he was CCB's best player again&it amazes me the number of times he gets fouled.His main fault is his belief that he needs to do everything & this doesn't allow him to play his own game.Changing positions 3/4 times a game doesn't help either.Pretty sure things might change next season.
    are you suggesting he is off too another club?

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    are you suggesting he is off too another club?
    If I was a betting man the odds would be reasonably short,I know of 2 clubs that have contacted him in the last few weeks.The signs are not good at CCB & he needs to play with better players in a more stable environment.Just my opinion but well founded.

Banned
    HElp

If I was a betting man the odds would be reasonably short,I know of 2 clubs that have contacted him in the last few weeks.The signs are not good at CCB & he needs to play with better players in a more stable environment.Just my opinion but well founded.
    I think your blowing too much smoke up this poor kids backside,(IF YOUR NOT THE POOR KID)
    There are plenty of better players around in this league playing in better teams, even some weaker ones.
    dont get me wrong birdy holds his own, but to try and say virtually he is azzurri and the rest are crap is just an ego - (there is no i in team ).
    He is not proven in my eyes to demand such hype.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    I think your blowing too much smoke up this poor kids backside,(IF YOUR NOT THE POOR KID)
    There are plenty of better players around in this league playing in better teams, even some weaker ones.
    dont get me wrong birdy holds his own, but to try and say virtually he is azzurri and the rest are crap is just an ego - (there is no i in team ).
    You're reading way too much into the post,people ask questions they get answers or opinions ok,just relax & breathe....ok feeling better?

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    You're reading way too much into the post,people ask questions they get answers or opinions ok,just relax & breathe....ok feeling better?

So what happens if CCB go down? Does Tull stay? They could
    Struggle big time if they do indeed go down.

So 1st round of the NPL is almost done and dusted from what people have seen so far who is the tip for premiership grand final winners and relegation?

Olympic & Magic to be grand final and Maitland / Charlestown fighting spoon

Tonester, I also consider Birdy a talented player and that in a stronger team his game would probably progress. But you being the noise that travels with him, may find your attitude unwelcome at some clubs. My man tells me that it was similar circumstances at Weston , where one of their top players was moved on, it was his third club in three years and now he's bench warming in Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by The Acolyte View Post
    Tonester, I also consider Birdy a talented player and that in a stronger team his game would probably progress. But you being the noise that travels with him, may find your attitude unwelcome at some clubs. My man tells me that it was similar circumstances at Weston , where one of their top players was moved on, it was his third club in three years and now he's bench warming in Sydney.
    Which player did Weston move on.