Page 78 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2128

Thread: 2015 National Premier League thread

Hi all, long time reader, first time poster. I just had to post because this boiled my blood.

I happened to be at Darling Street Oval today and was absolutely appalled with how James Pascoe addressed his team at half time. He could be heard from the toilet block (which backs onto the sheds) yelling at the top of his lungs at the players, yelling horrendous language directly AT players. His tirade also included a rant of how the players are unwanted beyond this season and that they should find new state league clubs, even suggesting clubs for these players.

Yes, granted it was 4-0 to Olympic at HT, but this is not an isolated incident. I go to the occasional NPL and NYL game when I can and have observed that over the last few years how he berates his players often. But for me, today was too far.

I have noticed that recently, 3-4 usual Jets Youth players are no longer in the NPL matchday squads (A-League pre-season committments perhaps?) and so the squad has been stretched VERY thin with some young kids being thrown in to start. I was told some have been playing injured recently and even 15/16 year olds filling the substitutes bench after playing in the U/22's game beforehand. I understand that that's not an excuse for a 7-0 defeat, but it's certainly not helpful. Yes they had a shocker today and Olympic were on fire but I just don't think it's ever warranted to treat people with such disdain and disrespect. It was akin to the way Gary van Egmond spoke (yelled, rather) as his U/22 team at South Cardiff a while back. Just appalling. Disgusting.

Banned
    Considering Pascoes role exactly why was he addressing the players at all

He ain't there coach

Why is he even on the bench???

Quote Originally Posted by Verhallen View Post
    Hi all, long time reader, first time poster. I just had to post because this boiled my blood.

I happened to be at Darling Street Oval today and was absolutely appalled with how James Pascoe addressed his team at half time. He could be heard from the toilet block (which backs onto the sheds) yelling at the top of his lungs at the players, yelling horrendous language directly AT players. His tirade also included a rant of how the players are unwanted beyond this season and that they should find new state league clubs, even suggesting clubs for these players.

Yes, granted it was 4-0 to Olympic at HT, but this is not an isolated incident. I go to the occasional NPL and NYL game when I can and have observed that over the last few years how he berates his players often. But for me, today was too far.

I have noticed that recently, 3-4 usual Jets Youth players are no longer in the NPL matchday squads (A-League pre-season committments perhaps?) and so the squad has been stretched VERY thin with some young kids being thrown in to start. I was told some have been playing injured recently and even 15/16 year olds filling the substitutes bench after playing in the U/22's game beforehand. I understand that that's not an excuse for a 7-0 defeat, but it's certainly not helpful. Yes they had a shocker today and Olympic were on fire but I just don't think it's ever warranted to treat people with such disdain and disrespect. It was akin to the way Gary van Egmond spoke (yelled, rather) as his U/22 team at South Cardiff a while back. Just appalling. Disgusting.
    According to this morning's Herald coach of youth for this game was Mark Jones
    This sounds more likely to me. Had little to do with Jones but Pascoe, even raising his voice sounds very un pascoe like to me.

MFKS - Pascoe started in the stands, made his way behind the bench during the first half, then 'addressed' the players at HT.

Why Blue - Yes, Jones was 'officially' running the show yesterday but Pascoe got involved. He raises his voice at pretty well every game I have seen, but not to the magnitude and content of his tirade yesterday.

MFKS - Pascoe started in the stands, made his way behind the bench during the first half, then 'addressed' the players at HT.

Why Blue - Yes, Jones was 'officially' running the show yesterday but Pascoe got involved. He raises his voice at pretty well every game I have seen, but not to the magnitude and content of his tirade yesterday.
    Fair enough, you were there. My involvement with Pascoe has been at a younger level 14-15yo boys and I must say I always admired his temperament he was always so casual
    Maybe his expectations are higher with the older boys
    Certinally the team seemed to perform better last year under his coaching

Banned

Wasn't at the game yesterday

Have seen him sitting on the bench at other games. I understand he is employed at the Jets but he isn't part of the yoof team coaching anymore

Rules are rules and only certain people are allowed on the bench.

To me he don't fit the criteria and question has to be asked at Northern as to why the rules sint being enforced

Do I get to sit on the bench at Southy if I buy FR a beer before the game

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Wasn't at the game yesterday I

Have seen him sitting on the bench at other games. I understand he is employed at the Jets but he isn't part of the yoof team coaching anymore

To me he don't fit the criteria and question has to be asked at Northern as to why the rules sint being enforced

I believe he wasn't sitting on the bench, but standing behind. Then went in and gave the poor kids a roasting, I could be wrong tho.
    Last edited by Blueboy; 27-07-2015 at 10:18 AM.

So what's every one think the ladder with be? It may come down to the last game for the minor premiership with Edgy facing Weston. Edgy Hamilton Lambton Weston

Upset of the year this weekend with southy to beat edgy and throw the minor premiership race wide open. Look out Maitland,i think southy have another win in them in the next 3 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    I believe he wasn't sitting on the bench, but standing behind. Then went in and gave the poor kids a roasting, I could be wrong tho.
    This is correct. 'Roasting' is an understatement. The way he carried on was completely out of order.

Was at this game and your correct blueboy. Pascoe wasn't on the bench but standing directly behind it. His halftime expletive laden rant was both brutal and disgraceful to a bunch of 17 yr old kids. You didn't have to be in the toilets behind the changerooms to hear it either. I was in the stand in front of the sheds and it was clearly audible to myself and everyone else around the area. Even a group of 22s players sitting along the fenceline were talking about how loud he was. 4-0 down or not this is definitely not a good look for our supposed flagship football club in our region.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Wasn't at the game yesterday

The beer economy speaks volumes with me, 2 beers could get you a coaching gig, haha

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Was at this game and your correct blueboy. Pascoe wasn't on the bench but standing directly behind it. His halftime expletive laden rant was both brutal and disgraceful to a bunch of 17 yr old kids. You didn't have to be in the toilets behind the changerooms to hear it either. I was in the stand in front of the sheds and it was clearly audible to myself and everyone else around the area. Even a group of 22s players sitting along the fenceline were talking about how loud he was. 4-0 down or not this is definitely not a good look for our supposed flagship football club in our region.
    Wow, didn't know it was THAT audible outside the toilet/dressing shed block. I have specifics of what was said (which some of them are utterly disgraceful) but not sure I should repeat them here. A very ugly look for a 'professional' club official.

Magic beaten again. I've now lost count of the "shit flogs" that have beaten them since a certain esteemed forum member declared they should have been crowned Premiers back in early May. Might be easier to count the teams they have actually beaten.

Pascoe should not be allowed anywhere near this club. Send him to the Gypo's, He would fit right in amongst all those flogs.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Pascoe should not be allowed anywhere near this club. Send him to the Gypo's, He would fit right in amongst all those flogs.
    After his vicious outburst yesterday, how tenable is his position around the youth team now? I'd imagine they've lost all respect for the guy. Losing 7-0 at this level is mentally scarring enough without what happened at HT. At FT, the players had a look of horror written on their faces, they seemed quite affected by it.

The poor kids might not have the courage to stand up and bring these events to light for fear of retribution within the club, but I'll stand up for them and put this out into the open.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedymetric View Post
    Magic beaten again. I've now lost count of the "shit flogs" that have beaten them since a certain esteemed forum member declared they should have been crowned Premiers back in early May. Might be easier to count the teams they have actually beaten.
    A lot of pressure on Virgilli & Naumov at the moment. No guarantee they will be there next year

Imagine being a parent sitting in the stands thinking, what car does he drive?

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    A lot of pressure on Virgilli & Naumov at the moment. No guarantee they will be there next year
    Not like there is many people around to take their spot!

Go weston