Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NEW FM League thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

2015 NEW FM League thread

discussion here

Banned
    No Trolling

Are we gonna have a competitive league here this season or is it gonna be another two horse race between Valo and Lakes for promotion with the rest a long way behind again??

How are the new clubs promoted from Zone shaping up???

I think it will definitely be mainly a two horse race between these two but i don't think you will see two teams go through pretty much undefeated like the last few years. Below the top 2 spots will be much much more competitive though.

wallsend have signed chris gazzard, dave hodgson, mat wilesmith, mitchell cook & paul wheeler, will be there abouts

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    wallsend have signed chris gazzard, dave hodgson, mat wilesmith, mitchell cook & paul wheeler, will be there abouts
    Along with the players they already have, they could be the dark horses I reckon. Haven't heard too much about the other clubs except for Mark Wilson going to west wallsend. Champion player he is so that will help them out no doubt.

Early top 4 prediction
    Valentine
    Wallsend
    Lakes
    Westy

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    heard from a reliable sauce yesterday,hodgson is staying at Olympic

Valo
    westy
    cooks hill
    wallsend

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Valo
    westy
    cooks hill
    wallsend
    No Lakes there? Westy will have to turn the club upside down if they are to finish in the top few also

Quote Originally Posted by Football life View Post
    No Lakes there? Westy will have to turn the club upside down if they are to finish in the top few also
    Lakes have lost quite a few players from what ivhave heard . Nathan archibald,jake keprotes,olivieri, danial clements,aspinall. Thats half their starting side and I cant see their new coach recruiting too much quality. He is over 60 and has been out of the coaching game for a few years. On westy,I think they will turn it around big time this year. Mark Wilson may be 40 but he is still quality and will dominate the midfield in this comp. This signing alone will attract players and I have heard a lot of the good yiunger players who left westy and went to barnsley such as kyke clarke and the jones brothers will return to westy. Throw into that whatever players follow gary rowe over from lakes and I think they will be more thzn competitive

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Lakes have lost quite a few players from what ivhave heard . Nathan archibald,jake keprotes,olivieri, danial clements,aspinall. Thats half their starting side and I cant see their new coach recruiting too much quality. He is over 60 and has been out of the coaching game for a few years. On westy,I think they will turn it around big time this year. Mark Wilson may be 40 but he is still quality and will dominate the midfield in this comp. This signing alone will attract players and I have heard a lot of the good yiunger players who left westy and went to barnsley such as kyke clarke and the jones brothers will return to westy. Throw into that whatever players follow gary rowe over from lakes and I think they will be more thzn competitive
    Yeh fair enough. Lakes will still have the walker boys running around so I still think they will be strong in this comp. Agree with you about Wilso, he will still prove to be a handful in the midfield. Pace will be the only thing he might struggle with. It will be interesting to see how Westy and Wallsend do in the same comp. 3rd or 4th league in as many years for Wallsend and Westy rebuilding, should be a good derby to watch!

I think the comp will be more open this season, it would be very tough to pick a top 4.
    If Valentine have been able to secure their team from last year, they will most likely win the comp. Likewise with Belswans, if they have kept their squad they will be a hard team to beat at home.

Any news on how other teams have recruited?

Quote Originally Posted by Football life View Post
    Yeh fair enough. Lakes will still have the walker boys running around so I still think they will be strong in this comp. Agree with you about Wilso, he will still prove to be a handful in the midfield. Pace will be the only thing he might struggle with. It will be interesting to see how Westy and Wallsend do in the same comp. 3rd or 4th league in as many years for Wallsend and Westy rebuilding, should be a good derby to watch!
    Wilso has never had much pace to speak of,he has just been a box to box player with brilliant engines. Apparently he just ran a marathon in NZ so it looks like the engine still ticks over. This will be the best signing in the comp. New coach Gary Rowe has also been followed over from lakes by jarryd olivieri andCameron Aspinall as well as enticing keeper tyler warren back to theclub to replace shalimov in goals. Add to this Clarke and the jones boys and westy is building nicely. have also heard gary Wilson is coming out of retirement to have a season with his brother. in their day these two were both quality and given that they could quite easily attract a handful of players who would want to play alongside the brothers or used to be coached by them ,they are 2 very astute signings. On shalimov, I heard he has signed as lakes 1st grade keeper to replace archie. Hardly an encouraging signing,shal would have to be 50 and let in 99 odd goals at westy last year.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker's daughter View Post
    Wilso has never had much pace to speak of,he has just been a box to box player with brilliant engines. Apparently he just ran a marathon in NZ so it looks like the engine still ticks over. This will be the best signing in the comp. New coach Gary Rowe has also been followed over from lakes by jarryd olivieri andCameron Aspinall as well as enticing keeper tyler warren back to theclub to replace shalimov in goals. Add to this Clarke and the jones boys and westy is building nicely. have also heard gary Wilson is coming out of retirement to have a season with his brother. in their day these two were both quality and given that they could quite easily attract a handful of players who would want to play alongside the brothers or used to be coached by them ,they are 2 very astute signings. On shalimov, I heard he has signed as lakes 1st grade keeper to replace archie. Hardly an encouraging signing,shal would have to be 50 and let in 99 odd goals at westy last year.
    Yes very true, you know what you'll get out of Wilso every game and that's box to box. No doubt he will attract some players there which is great for Westy! Sounds like there will be a lot of strong teams and more importantly clubs that are looking to take it to the next level which is great because newfm standard has been lacking for a few years now. Bring on the season!

Shalimov is not the first grade keeper at Lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    Shalimov is not the first grade keeper at Lakes.
    I herd Blake Redman is the 1st grade keeper?

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    can you lot learn to use the return key?

shesh

Not too sure about the Jones boys going back to Westy.
    we are hoping to persuade them to stay

Have been told Shal is First Grade back at the Stags

Redman has signed on as a Field Player

Wow! The NewFM comp has gone from being a completion of garbage in many afterthoughts to a super competitive comp in just one season.

Predictions.
    Valo
    Cessnock
    Westy
    Lakes / Thornton
    In any order.
    We have been saved.