Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NEW FM League thread

How is Cooks Hill looking? any thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Wasnt at game, but sad if they went down without a fight.

I still look back to just four years ago when they were equal on top of Newfm with Azzuri and Maitland after the first ten games.
    6/1 result for Toronto looks worse when you factor in they played against 10 men most of the match.
    Word I heard was a Lakes Centre back was given a straight red card for denying a goal scoring opportunity early in the first half.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Wasnt at game, but sad if they went down without a fight.

I still look back to just four years ago when they were equal on top of Newfm with Azzuri and Maitland after the first ten games.
    Exactly what do you need to have been at the game for???

6-1 says plenty

6-1 when the opponent had 10 men for most of the game says plenty.

Anyone who from this can't see that Tronto are a fair way behind the rest and have lots of work to do are deluded

Should read Walker Brothers 6 Toronto 1.

They played far above the level anyone else has played in NewFM for a couple of years now.

Tom Walker I think scored 2 great Free kicks and Sam got a penalty in the second half. Channeling Phil Stubbins, we didn't concede a goal in open play in the second half

While Yes Toronto were no where they needed to be, I don't think anyone gave up.

Long rebuilding season for the Stags.

Lakes v Wallsend should be a good game this weekend. I'll tip Lakes by a goal or two. As for Toronto, very long year ahead for those boys.. Hopefully they can compete a bit better for the rest of the rounds. I get the feeling it won't just be Valentine & Lakes pushing for top 2. Sides like Cooks hill, westy and wallsend seem strong from what I've heard over round 1. Predictions for round 2 anyone?
    Last edited by Football life; 09-03-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Hi Sancho , was this against Wallsend , if so u/17s Wallsend defeated bellswans 4-1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Football life View Post
    Lakes v Wallsend should be a good game this weekend. I'll tip Lakes by a goal or two. As for Toronto, very long year ahead for those boys.. Hopefully they can compete a bit better for the rest of the rounds. I get the feeling it won't just be Valentine & Lakes pushing for top 2. Sides like Cooks hill, westy and wallsend seem strong from what I've heard over round 1. Predictions for round 2 anyone?
    Westy were not what you would call strong.

The Wilson boys provide a bit of brains and Intelligence on the park. Fitness wise though it is pretty safe to say they don't have the legs or speed they once done.
    Mark was playing more in the 10 role but was not doing much chasing back in defence leaving their midfield a little exposed number wise. Though he does make up for it with quality touches and vision far beyond this level.

A side with speed and fitness could easily stretch the shit out of Westy and I would expect the better sides in the comp like Lakes Valo to tear them apart.

Westy are stronger than last year. They ain't semi final prospects though they just aren't the whipping boys they were and will pick up their share of wins this season and will be a lot more competitive against all sides

Quote Originally Posted by Football life View Post
    Ok I'll bite...

Cooks Hill 0 lose to Valentine 5 - Valo to be too strong (unless they play with 10 again!)
    Belswans 2 to beat Kahibah 1 - Belswans will be tougher than Westy was for Kahibah.
    Toronto 1 lose to West Wallsend 2 - Westy to go top of the table with a 2nd win
    Lake Macquarie City 3 to beat Wallsend 1 - I agree match of the round - Tough draw for Wallsend - Valo then Lakes to start!
    Cessnock 0 lose to Thornton 2 - Thornton should win this

tronno has one T fellas.

Is there relo for Newfm this year? cept for last year other years have seen a closed shop

Quote Originally Posted by amishpanda View Post
    Predictions round 1:

Cooks hill United 1 - 2 Cessnock city
    Belmont Swansea 2 -2 singleton
    West Wallsend 2 - 1 Kahibah fc
    Lake Macquarie 4 - 0 Toronto awaba
    Valentine fc 4 - 2 Wallsend fc
    That'll teach me for going for the singleton upset. By all accounts they had their chances to equalise and even pinch a win (could be a few biased opinions I'm hearing though).

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Is there relo for Newfm this year? cept for last year other years have seen a closed shop
    Don't think so.
    I'm thinking there will be a restructure at the end of the season. Hopefully it will lead to the eventual promotion/relegation between all divisions, if teams meet criteria. But the criteria needs to be transparent. Should allow clubs to have "plans" for the future (up to 3 years to implement), but, if they get relegated, they will only be eligible if still on track with their plans.

Being a First Grade Player at Toronto, yes we underperformed against a 10 man outfit, but remember those guys have been playing together for years, our whole squad has been made from scratch. It will take time to adjust to the speed and aggressiveness of this comp.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by amishpanda View Post
    That'll teach me for going for the singleton upset. By all accounts they had their chances to equalise and even pinch a win (could be a few biased opinions I'm hearing though).
    Yep! As I said "it's been a long time since Singo has taken all 3 points at Blacksmiths". I must say it was a fairly even contest, although BelSwans did battle the last 50+ minutes with 10 players (Joel Shearer shown 2nd yellow and red card". I did talk briefly to the Shearer brothers after the game and they were impressed with the Singo squad (very competitive) and basically unrecognisable to the brothers. They could only pick out 2-3 players from last year. Personally, I think Singo will upset a few teams this year and will be a lot stronger, especially at home.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by onthebench View Post
    Hi Sancho , was this against Wallsend , if so u/17s Wallsend defeated bellswans 4-1
    Not too sure what your on about???
    BelSwans won 4-1 in 17's against Singo (Rnd 1 on Saturday). If you "study" the draw I'm sure you'll find that Wallsend played Valo (at Baxter - how does that meet the criteria Field) on Sunday!!!!

Wallsend 17's Beat Valo 2-1 Even though is should of been about 7-2 but Wallsend Beat Belswans 4-1 in a Trial The week before

Predictions round 2.
    Cooks hill 1 - 5 valo
    Belmont Swansea 3- 2 Kahibah
    Cessnock city 1 - 3 Thornton redbacks
    Toronto 0 - 2 west Wallsend
    Lake Macquarie 5 -2 Wallsend
    Bye over singleton

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    BelSwans won 4-1 in 17's against Singo (Rnd 1 on Saturday). If you "study" the draw I'm sure you'll find that Wallsend played Valo (at Baxter - how does that meet the criteria Field) on Sunday!!!!
    Thanks , i thought you were talking about the trial match the week before

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyALegend View Post
    Wallsend 17's Beat Valo 2-1 Even though is should of been about 7-2 but Wallsend Beat Belswans 4-1 in a Trial The week before
    I think once Wallsend 17s get there structure right , more passes will stick , they will be pretty competitive

Round 2
    Cooks Hill 1 - 4 Valentine
    Belmont Swansea 1 - 0 Kahibah
    Cessnock 1 - 1 Thornton
    Toronto 2 - 2 West Wallsend
    Lake Macquarie 4 - 1 Wallsend
    Bye 1 - 1 Singleton

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    Pretty sure it's already been stated on here that Valo are playing at their training ground due to Cahill Oval being used by cricket and CB Complex has just been returfed.