Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NEW FM League thread

"Overpriced former players trying to run a show"
    Could you please clarify and justify this statement!!!! Seems very odd!

Who is the captain talking about with this comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    3-0 after 17, nice volley though. 2nd: keeper 'credited' with Oggie (15th min) but denied he (or any Cooker for that matter) got a touch when I quizzed him at school today on that goal.
    (Before anyone starts with a sm@rt @rse comment there, my 6yo daughter goes to the same school)

On that note, I strongly suggest that managers check team sheets for 'errors' after matches. I'm not 100% certain that lower grade team sheets
    are completed straight after their respective games though. Seems to be the refs have a proper break before they go out and swap roles for different grades.
    The sheets seem to be finalised after FT of 1st grade. Still, exercise your right and check 'em.
    Yeah I saw the same. OG from a throw in ? Two Wallsend players: one either side of the Cookers goalie. Comical.
    What a season so far for Cookers. 2 broken legs, fractured arm, fractured jaw and ruptured acl. All in first grade. Not to mention all the complaining on the forum regarding a pen a game almost and send offs. May as well start a sub forum.
    Last edited by front2; 10-06-2015 at 07:47 AM.
    We have been saved.

Can anyone confirm whether the Kahibah v Westy game is going ahead tonight?

They usually close Kahibah when a dog pees on the ground so I wouldn't expect this game to proceed.

1st Grade: Kahibah 3-2 Westy. 23's I've heard was a 1-1 draw.

Bel swans 2 singleton 2 in 1st grade
    23s bel swan got beat

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    3-0 after 17, nice volley though. 2nd: keeper 'credited' with Oggie (15th min) but denied he (or any Cooker for that matter) got a touch when I quizzed him at school today on that goal.
    (Before anyone starts with a sm@rt @rse comment there, my 6yo daughter goes to the same school)

On that note, I strongly suggest that managers check team sheets for 'errors' after matches. I'm not 100% certain that lower grade team sheets
    are completed straight after their respective games though. Seems to be the refs have a proper break before they go out and swap roles for different grades.
    The sheets seem to be finalised after FT of 1st grade. Still, exercise your right and check 'em.

Just to Clarify, the Wallsend FC match reviews are written by the club and are not meant to be official reviews. We do this to provide coverage of the NewFM league to those who are interested. We aim to be as objective as possible. The goal scoring times are only approximates and in regards to the dubious 2nd goal, after listening to accounts from Wallsend players who all claim to not have touched it, we recorded it in the report as an own goal.

Thanks for your kind words NewyTy, should be a cracking Wallsend Derby this Sunday at 'The Gardens' which is also the club's Old Boys Day.

Shout out from Wallsend FC to newysports.com for their flattering opinion piece. http://www.newysports.com/2015/06/op...ub-on.html?m=1

Cooks Hill Utd V Thornton Redbacks
    TIMERITE Park

1st Cooks Hill 3 v Thornton 1 (2-1)
    23's Cooks Hill 2 v Thornton 3 (1-3)
    19's Cooks Hill 1 v Thornton 0 (0-0)
    17's Cooks Hill 1 v Thornton 0 (1-0)

Belswans v Lakes
    First Grade - Lakes won 4-3
    23's 2-2 Draw
    19's Lakes won 1-0
    17's 2-2 Draw

Cessnock v kahibah
    .1st grade 1-1
    3-0
    1-4
    1-7

Wallsend v Westy
    17s 1-1
    19s 0-0
    23s 6-0
    1sts 5-0

What has happened to Westy?! Seem to remember people saying Top 4 finish for them, only have gone backwards.

Congrats to Wallsend, I would imagine the stands at the Gardens would have been a sea of Red.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Wallsend v Westy
    17s 1-1
    19s 0-0
    23s 6-0
    1sts 5-0

What has happened to Westy?! Seem to remember people saying Top 4 finish for them, only have gone backwards.

Congrats to Wallsend, I would imagine the stands at the Gardens would have been a sea of Red.
    Westy are gone. Skinny squad, average structure coaching. With metro teams like Wallsend and Cookers and Kahibah why would players want to play 2nd Div out there? Lean times coming to Wembley.

A review and photo gallery of todays action between Wallsend FC and West Wallsend available on the Wallsend website: http://wallsendfc.com.au/wallsend-fc...-the-old-boys/

Wallsend v Westy
    17s 1-1
    19s 0-0
    23s 6-0
    1sts 5-0

When you lose 7 regular 1st graders to
    Injury half way threw your season tell me if that isn't going to
    Take the wind out of a team. I have nothing to do with the bluebells but a few mates who play there and I keep a close eye and has seemed to
    Taken the wind from the sail.

Integrity of Macquarie referees in under 17 questionable when appointing a referee for a match who has a brother playing
    And his dad coaching the side, c'mon. Referee should not have accepted the game either and raised the point the Macquarie...
    Perhaps too tempting to resist though as he proceeded to give Two penalties to his family team.
    FMD.

Very game having a go at a referees integrity I hope your not a registered person you may find yourself in some trouble. Unless you are a ref yourself I don't believe anyone has a right to have a go at a referees integrity, we need to support them as much as possible especially the younger ones as there is not enough at it is. With many more juniors coming thru we can't stand for people like you that want to offend a referee and possibly have them give up refereeing. They need to be respected and have their integrity unquestioned whether they are related or not. They will make mistakes as will all players and coaches in a game, it sounds like your team should be more worried about discipline in your own box than the referees relations.

Quote Originally Posted by 433 View Post
    Integrity of Macquarie referees in under 17 questionable when appointing a referee for a match who has a brother playing
    And his dad coaching the side, c'mon. Referee should not have accepted the game either and raised the point the Macquarie...
    Perhaps too tempting to resist though as he proceeded to give Two penalties to his family team.
    FMD.
    While I agree the referee should have said to Macquarie Refs Association about possibility of people taking view he was not impartial due to relations with other team it is up to the referees association to not put these young people in this position. I notice you didn't say whether the penalties were justified. Seems like making excuse for a defeat.

Wallsend v Westy
    17s 1-1
    19s 0-0
    23s 6-0
    1sts 5-0

Was at all 4 games on Sunday , Wallsend 17s starting to go backwards in comp , not putting enough passes together , trying to play long balls , missing left winger that was there afew weeks ago, now playing in 23s ,well done on the promotion, also quick right winger missing first half , made a difference when he came on the 2nd half some good combinations with a player that just came on, probably would of got the winning goal if was not called off due to an injury
    19s much improved squad with some new players creating some some good combinations, couple of good quick attacking players ,
    23s smashed them about time , still require more improvement , westy were not good
    1sts are getting better all the time , and still can improve more , good all round squad , could remain in top spot for rest of season , even though they still need to play Lakes and Valo

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Very game having a go at a referees integrity I hope your not a registered person you may find yourself in some trouble. Unless you are a ref yourself I don't believe anyone has a right to have a go at a referees integrity, we need to support them as much as possible especially the younger ones as there is not enough at it is. With many more juniors coming thru we can't stand for people like you that want to offend a referee and possibly have them give up refereeing. They need to be respected and have their integrity unquestioned whether they are related or not. They will make mistakes as will all players and coaches in a game, it sounds like your team should be more worried about discipline in your own box than the referees relations.
    I agree we need to support referees, I always have and always will.
    My rant has nothing to do with not supporting them, I'm questioning the appointment and acceptance.
    Would you take the match under those circumstances,I wouldn't, and I don't think I'm wrong thinking most would feel very uncomfortable...too much conflict of interest and leaving yourself open.
    By the way...there was no indiscipline in the box, further than that I will not comment because that's not my rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post
    While I agree the referee should have said to Macquarie Refs Association about possibility of people taking view he was not impartial due to relations with other team it is up to the referees association to not put these young people in this position. I notice you didn't say whether the penalties were justified. Seems like making excuse for a defeat.
    See my other response plus..Not making any excuse at all and my post never mentioned the score.

Fully agree, referees association should not put a young ref in this situation, I am assuming they made an error and that this would not normally be allowed to happen,but unfortunately it did.