Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

Thread: 2015 NEW FM League thread

A majority of the remaining NewFm clubs don't currently hold NPL Licences for two major but common reasons:

1. They have never applied (as many have never seen the need)

2. Many did not have the junior sides under their club entity.

Most clubs have issues to resolve, all clubs will need to decide if they have the desire and means to resolve them. The applications cover 10 areas from memory and each one is important. The ground is only 1 of those but for many its the easiest to visualise. Finance, committee experience, youth, coaches education, forward planning etc all come into consideration.

The challenge now is for everyone on the forum, esp the NewFM forum, to get off their backsides and go and ask what they can do to help the club remain in NewFM because there is a real risk it wont exist in 2017 is too many clubs cant achieve that level. Too many people in football want others to make sure their clubs survive but make far too little effort themselves for the club that gave them the chance to play.

Hardly any players give back anymore, very frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Hardly any players give back anymore, very frustrating
    Maybe the club culture and the feeling within the club is the reason for this? This is as much a committee issue as a player issue, get the players who fit the culture and have a committee attitude that promotes the correct attitude that there is no us and them and you will have the players on board.

Is it time for next seasons thread?

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I set them up as soon after 1 January as can I get around to it

Toronto still has not paid their players, really feeling for a few of the guys with young kids who could probably use the extra money this time of year.
    Last edited by The Postman; 05-12-2015 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Toronto still has not paid their players, really feeling for a few of the guys with young kids who could probably use the extra money this time of year.
    Terrible
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Just another example of why blokes at this level shouldn't be being paid.

If a club cant afford to be paying players by December what the **** are they doing promising to be paying players at all??

Money that should be going to fund juniors and develop the code in this region and strengthen clubs in general is being wasted paying for blokes end of season trips to Bali and Xmas presents

FMD

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Just another example of why blokes at this level shouldn't be being paid.

If a club cant afford to be paying players by December what the **** are they doing promising to be paying players at all??

Money that should be going to fund juniors and develop the code in this region and strengthen clubs in general is being wasted paying for blokes end of season trips to Bali and Xmas presents

FMD
    I think players deserve to be paid but the amount is what needs to be questioned. I will also add this, what sort of a fu@cked up club and officials offer money to players that they have no intent of coming good on.

This is a classic for me how NNSWF are slowly but surely going to weed out the grubs in our game. Hopefully the fed step in and send Awaba back to the ID's and promote a club with morales.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I think players deserve to be paid but the amount is what needs to be questioned. I will also add this, what sort of a fu@cked up club and officials offer money to players that they have no intent of coming good on.

This is a classic for me how NNSWF are slowly but surely going to weed out the grubs in our game. Hopefully the fed step in and send Awaba back to the ID's and promote a club with morales.
    Your right about the NNSWF needing to act to deal with clubs like this. Reality is you and I know **** all will happen as per usual from them

As for the amount players should be being paid??

Well this is 2nd division in 6th largest federation in Australia.

After you throw into the equation that NSW and Vic Feds have probably 2-3 divisions as strong as NBN then NEWFM would have to be ranked 20th-30th league in strength in this country.

How can anyone justify paying blokes at this level??

I am sure in bonafide passionate football countries blokes playing in the 20th-30th tier in Scotland Italy Belgium Argentina Chile Turkey Spain etc ain't getting paid for their efforts

How can a country with a football history and limited passion like Australia has justify it when all they are doing is pissing away the one resource in $$$$ that gives us the opportunities to catch up to the elite nations ??

The same club that a few months ago advertised on Facebook for donations so they can purchase strips for next season

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    The same club that a few months ago advertised on Facebook for donations so they can purchase strips for next season
    Yeah I found that laughable when I read the that on Facebook.

Yeah I found that laughable when I read the that on Facebook.
    You add that to the issue with player payments and the 'discipline' for holding trials outside of the window allocated you would think that some form of sanction would be forthcoming.

And yet they wonder why decent coaches and players don't stay....They're kidding themselves .

Seems like this is turning into a crisis situation for the club. Morisset's ground improvements and what not will cause worry as well. I still think it should be a 12 team league, hate the bye. Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet but Singleton have installed David Willoughby as their head coach. Will be interesting to see what they can achieve under him.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Morisset's ground improvements and what not will cause worry as well. I still think it should be a 12 team league, hate the bye.
    Im not sure if we can accommodate 12 teams and all be competitive. we cant yet fill 10 competitive teams in 2nds.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Seems like this is turning into a crisis situation for the club. Morisset's ground improvements and what not will cause worry as well. I still think it should be a 12 team league, hate the bye. Haven't seen it mentioned on here yet but Singleton have installed David Willoughby as their head coach. Will be interesting to see what they can achieve under him.
    Who's David Willoughby ?

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Who's David Willoughby ?
    Former Hunter Valley technical director and has had some experience around local football. He got a write-up in the local paper up there: http://www.singletonargus.com.au/sto...lenge/?cs=1660

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Who's David Willoughby ?
    He didn't have the best wrap from his time at Hunter so it will be interesting to see how he goes stepping up to Seniors.

Any news on clubs planning trials??