Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NEW FM League thread

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Why would they have an alternate kit that arguably would clash with their home?.
    Must have been taking tips from the Mariners kits of a couple of years ago!

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Belmont Swansea V Westy

1st grade 6-1 1-0 at half time
    U23 2-1
    U19 2-3
    U17 4-2
    Big win in 1st grade.... a very dominant performance by Belswans from the start. 4 goals to Jamie Hadlow will boost his confidence no end.
    23's was a very scrappy game.
    19's good result for Westy against the competition leaders. BelSwans were flat and out enthused by Westy on the day.
    17's (didn't see the game)... toldit was very competitive and got a little fiesty in the closing stages.

Scores from Stags and Cessnock

1sts 2-1 Stags
    23s 2-0 Cessnock
    19s 4-0? Cessnock
    17s 3-1 Stags

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Must have been taking tips from the Mariners kits of a couple of years ago!

Yep, pretty similar.
    OK

Yep, pretty similar.
    I believe that was the first season where clubs didn't have to use the generic Reebok designs.

In retrospect it was pretty smart to enforce that all clubs had predominately White Away Kit before that. Things that ^ wouldn't have happened.

For anyone that is interested in my clashing kits, this is a picture from yesterday (thanks to the Stags facebook for the picture):

OK

For anyone that is interested in my clashing kits, this is a picture from yesterday (thanks to the Stags facebook for the picture):

What is wrong with you? One is blue the other black, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    What is wrong with you? One is blue the other black, no problem.
    The shorts and socks don't clash, sure.

NNSW historically doesn't mind if shorts clash, they never have. Only socks and shirts clash are issues.

Toronto and Cessnock both play in vertical stripes, the same shade of yellow, striped against a darker shade (in one instance blue, the other black). It is a clash. It was painful to watch, and I imagine at times painful to play with.

Even Cessnock's yellow/black striped shirt would clash with its own alternate kit of all-yellow.

Best rule of thumb with kits is to intentionally blur your eyes a bit. If you can still make out the difference between the two, it's fine. If they look similar when you do, it's a clash. Blur your eyes and tell me the shirts of Cessnock and Toronto look different in that above picture.
    OK

The shorts and socks don't clash, sure.

NNSW historically doesn't mind if shorts clash, they never have. Only socks and shirts clash are issues.

Toronto and Cessnock both play in vertical stripes, the same shade of yellow, striped against a darker shade (in one instance blue, the other black). It is a clash. It was painful to watch, and I imagine at times painful to play with.

Even Cessnock's yellow/black striped shirt would clash with its own alternate kit of all-yellow.

Best rule of thumb with kits is to intentionally blur your eyes a bit. If you can still make out the difference between the two, it's fine. If they look similar when you do, it's a clash. Blur your eyes and tell me the shirts of Cessnock and Toronto look different in that above picture.
    I was only taking the pi....

11008828_802513683131372_2220432924165906099_n.jpg

Is this the away strip you are referring to?

If so, i also approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifts View Post
    11008828_802513683131372_2220432924165906099_n.jpg

Is this the away strip you are referring to?

If so, i also approve.

Far out, whoever designed that..
    OK

Far out, whoever designed that..
    Some mad cxxt I imagine.

According to the ladder, Lakes still have 2 games in hand? Only 4 points off Valo now.

Wallsend's hopes are fading, have the bye this week and the gap between them and Valo will only get bigger.

Lakes and Valo in 2 weeks will be a massive game, will decide promotion for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Some mad cxxt I imagine.

According to the ladder, Lakes still have 2 games in hand? Only 4 points off Valo now.

Wallsend's hopes are fading, have the bye this week and the gap between them and Valo will only get bigger.

Lakes and Valo in 2 weeks will be a massive game, will decide promotion for sure.
    Lakes have Wallsend this Wednesday night which is a game I'm keen to see. They've got Kahibah next Wednesday too.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Lakes have Wallsend this Wednesday night which is a game I'm keen to see. They've got Kahibah next Wednesday too.
    So Valentine will be Lakes 4th game in 11 days? Smart scheduling!

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    So Valentine will be Lakes 4th game in 11 days? Smart scheduling!
    I've been Lakes are frustrated because all wash out games have been away from home as well. It's a very tough run but if they win all three then they'll definitely deserve promotion that's for sure.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    I've been Lakes are frustrated because all wash out games have been away from home as well. It's a very tough run but if they win all three then they'll definitely deserve promotion that's for sure.
    Whinge, whinge, whinge or frustrated, frustrated, frustrated. Who cares, if they are good enough it shouldn't bother them. At least they don't have to make a trip to Singo midweek for their 4th game in 11 days like some club I know. I bet they don't cop 2 late penalty decisions to square the game up either!

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    Whinge, whinge, whinge or frustrated, frustrated, frustrated. Who cares, if they are good enough it shouldn't bother them. At least they don't have to make a trip to Singo midweek for their 4th game in 11 days like some club I know. I bet they don't cop 2 late penalty decisions to square the game up either!
    Not trying to stir the pot mate. They've got a tough schedule. Went to Singo on the weekend and to make that trip midweek would be a tough for blokes who have jobs and what not. Especially an 8pm kickoff. Wish you guys luck and the Belswans are definitely my dark horse pick for the finals. In some very good form.

Looking forward to watching Wallsend and Lakes tonight as it'll be the first neutral NewFM game I get to this season (being involved with Cooks Hill of course.) Anyway completely agree with what you said. If Lakes want to play NPL they'll have to step it up to another level. Whoever finishes top will no doubt have earned it as it's been a tight comp this season.

Can confirm tonight's game (Wallsend v Lakes) has been moved to Macquarie Field. Apparently Wallsend's ground has some issues in a few spots so they let Northern know about it and the game's been moved. Not the best result but better than calling it off.

Pretty sure it's off completely mate

Quote Originally Posted by Football life View Post
    Pretty sure it's off completely mate
    I spoke with the secretary of Lakes so think it's moved. Would be good if Wallsend or Lakes confirmed it somewhere. Will email him again and make sure.

*Update: Can now confirm Northern, Lakes and Wallsend have all agreed to play the matches tonight at Macquarie Field. Will definitely be played. 23's: 6pm and 1sts: 7:45pm.
    Last edited by NewyTy; 08-07-2015 at 02:43 PM.