Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NEW FM League thread

Lakes field would have been cut to pieces from last weekends fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by The Cookaburra Kid View Post
    Lyall peacock

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Lyall peacock
    The League is away this weekend, so it is a possibility, the field has never looked better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    It's the edgy/magic love affair nnswf have, it's all a bit embarrassing at times
    Don't worry FR. You will have the best ground in New Fm next year. You can start your own love affair with Northern. I mean the chicken coup grandstand at Edgy is a tad embarrassing or is that grandstand somewhere else?

Just wanted to put in and say that the AthField is available . In all seriousness though wouldn't mind seeing it at Westy for old times sake. Hopefully they can make a decision soon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cookaburra Kid View Post
    This...and the fact that 3 LMFC teams are featuring too.
    I think it will go elswhere.

Quote Originally Posted by terryk View Post
    Don't worry FR. You will have the best ground in New Fm next year. You can start your own love affair with Northern. I mean the chicken coup grandstand at Edgy is a tad embarrassing or is that grandstand somewhere else?
    I think you have a love affair with southy and FR...
    90% of your posts are about southy.
    Did forever red knock you back or something?

Poor bugger, he can't let go, I did tell him we only sign good blokes at the gunners and he need not apply, I was gentle

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    Word on the street is the GF will be transferred away from Edgeworth
    My question here is. Did northern take the GF off of Edgeworth and if so why. Or did Edgeworth pull out of hosting it

According to fox sports pulse, Weston are hosting grand finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Newsfeed View Post
    According to fox sports pulse, Weston are hosting grand finals.
    Bloody hell. Why would they move it out there. Why not Adamstown or somewhere closer to the city.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Bloody hell. Why would they move it out there. Why not Adamstown or somewhere closer to the city.
    Should be moved to a NewFM ground.
    I'm surprised it is not at Lakes, their ground looked ok to me there after last weeks games.
    From a spectators point of view it is one of the best viewing grounds when there is a large crowd. Good views from all around the ground.

Hope your rant about Lakes didn't influence the decision NewyTy.

Not sure if I could be bothered going all the way out to Weston.

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    Should be moved to a NewFM ground.
    I'm surprised it is not at Lakes, their ground looked ok to me there after last weeks games.
    From a spectators point of view it is one of the best viewing grounds when there is a large crowd. Good views from all around the ground.

Hope your rant about Lakes didn't influence the decision NewyTy.

Not sure if I could be bothered going all the way out to Weston.
    I don't have my own transport so will find it tough to get to Weston. Might grab a lift with one of the Cookers boys. I've got nothing against Weston as I like it out there but I feel as though Magic or Adamstown would have been a better choice being more central. Doubt Northern took anything I said about Lakes into the decision, NNSWF don't listen to me.

I don't have my own transport so will find it tough to get to Weston. Might grab a lift with one of the Cookers boys. I've got nothing against Weston as I like it out there but I feel as though Magic or Adamstown would have been a better choice being more central. Doubt Northern took anything I said about Lakes into the decision, NNSWF don't listen to me.
    They inspected Westons ground yesterday then went and inspected Lakes ground after that, so they were considered. As of last night it was between leaving it at Edgeworth or going to Weston, sounds like Weston has been chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    They inspected Westons ground yesterday then went and inspected Lakes ground after that, so they were considered. As of last night it was between leaving it at Edgeworth or going to Weston, sounds like Weston has been chosen.
    That's very interesting. Why would they choose Weston over Lakes? I was out there 6 weeks or so and the ground condition was average.

I was on the hill last Sunday and thought lakes did a pretty good job of hosting the semi from my vantage point.

Beers were cold, no queues. There were two duty officers on the hill all day in the rain and they dealt with the crowd pretty well from what I could see. Spent most of their time on traffic control.

I thought it was a nice touch changing the team names on their big scoreboard for each game. Little things I know but they looked organized and well staffed to cope with the gf.

Weston is likely to handle any rain we get the next few days better than most other grounds, probably just ensures more chance of games 100% being played.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Weston is likely to handle any rain we get the next few days better than most other grounds, probably just ensures more chance of games 100% being played.
    Possibly your right but nnswfootball will miss out on gate. I reckon you'd get a lot more independent people to Speers point rather than Weston. They won't be getting my $15 this week. (Or whatever the price is).

Possibly your right but nnswfootball will miss out on gate. I reckon you'd get a lot more independent people to Speers point rather than Weston. They won't be getting my $15 this week. (Or whatever the price is).
    Totally agree with this. I'll be there as I'm a diehard fan of the New-FM league but being at Weston is a poor choice for any neutrals that might want to go watch. Much easier to stay central and go watch Hamilton play Lambton in NPL Semis. I feel like Weston is too far for neutrals, good for the Cessnock boys from last week who promised to cheer on Wallsend. Some funny guys in that bunch.

Totally agree with this. I'll be there as I'm a diehard fan of the New-FM league but being at Weston is a poor choice for any neutrals that might want to go watch. Much easier to stay central and go watch Hamilton play Lambton in NPL Semis. I feel like Weston is too far for neutrals, good for the Cessnock boys from last week who promised to cheer on Wallsend. Some funny guys in that bunch.
    Any positives?

That's very interesting. Why would they choose Weston over Lakes? I was out there 6 weeks or so and the ground condition was average.

I was on the hill last Sunday and thought lakes did a pretty good job of hosting the semi from my vantage point.

Beers were cold, no queues. There were two duty officers on the hill all day in the rain and they dealt with the crowd pretty well from what I could see. Spent most of their time on traffic control.

I thought it was a nice touch changing the team names on their big scoreboard for each game. Little things I know but they looked organized and well staffed to cope with the gf.
    Hopefully they didnt get it based on the committees attitude to opposition clubs and complete arrogance they have towards any other NewFM club. Never more evident than how they treated Wallsend post game last week after they were beaten and I believe Kahibah a few weeks ago. Not to mention how they treated the Cessnock supporters and players last Sunday.Why should they be rewarded when their committee/duty officers behave so poorly. I hope any club hosts the GF other than Lakes even Magic. Maybe thats going a bit far but at least they are respectful and polite whilst taking all the money from other clubs.