Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NEW FM League thread

So with the likelihood that in 2017 all NewFM clubs will have to be able to meet the NPL criterial or face the axe.

What clubs are in trouble?

What is even included in the criteria? Enclosed ground, juniors, money situation?

Wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    So with the likelihood that in 2017 all NewFM clubs will have to be able to meet the NPL criterial or face the axe.

What clubs are in trouble?

What is even included in the criteria? Enclosed ground, juniors, money situation?
    If they do stick to the plan then it will most likely be the end of current promotion / relegation format (I can see a 3 -5 year license handed out then reapply) and also the end of the NEWFM in it's current structure.
    I actually think it will be a great step forward for the game if this does occur as having promotion / relegation in this current format doesn't work, how can we have the current format when only 3 clubs can be promoted from NEWFM and the possibility that no relegation if the Jets come last? Poor format.
    12 Team NPL is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Great work but there's two pages uploaded twice. Rd 5-8 and 13-16 are missing. Looks as though the Easter Weekend will be good. Any idea why Westy's home games are all at 4pm?
    Sorry, was posting inbetween boss walking past. 0002.jpg0004.jpg Pages 2 & 4 now attached

The information to be presented dealt with some recommendations Zico:

Licences were suggested at 3 years which I believe means if you dont have a licence starting 2017 then you can apply at any stage but wont be eligible to be invited into NewFm until 2020 but I might be wrong there.

Promotion/Relegation between NPL & NewFm to remain (albeit Jets can not be demoted that is as I understand an FFA directive) but will be based on a club championship format yet to be decided.

Only clubs with an NPL Licence will be allowed in NewFM, so every club will be eligible for promotion (or you wont be in NewFM).

How many teams in a competition will depend on approved NPL Licence numbers, and it has been said even holding an NPL Licence does not guarantee a spot in those comps, nor is there a guarantee NewFM will exist if insufficient numbers gain their NPL Licence. They listed a few pages of possible scenarios based on various possible licence holding numbers but basically no one will know until around Oct 2016 how many clubs will be in a position to play NPL/NewFM.

Ground Criteria as I understood was to be reviewed by Northern and hopefully presented next Tuesday but has not yet been released. FFA themselves do not give clear guidance on Ground/Facility criteria that I have ever found, issues like Player Races need reviewing as at some grounds it is actually a design issue because of placement of canteens and referees rooms. Imagine Singleton here....... how do you build a player race all the way to their referees room? Belswans how do you build one and still allow easy access to canteen?

Lighting SHOULD have been a concern for Northern many years ago but again clubs can not just front $150K in a year so that will be an interesting call. The standard across NewFM generally with lighting is exceptionally poor.

I think ground criteria may become quite basic at a compulsory level - Fenced Ground, Ticket Box, Dressing shed and referees rooms standards, first aid standards, duty officer numbers, scoreboard and a few others. Then a list of preferable items will be wanted to decide between clubs if needed - covered dug outs (not just seats on the sideline), player race, 100 Lux plus lighting etc

I think for some clubs the immediate issue to deal with is the additional junior sides they must have in place for 2017. It will mean being proactive in the junior community and also some serious diplomacy with surrounding junior clubs that may see it as "stealing" their players. But it also brings too huge issues into play - Volunteer numbers and ground availability.

How do Wallsend deal with not being able to access The Gardens on a Sat? Do you play games every Sunday expecting volunteers never to have a weekend off? Do you move them to another ground (not even sure Northern would consider this option)? DO you start at 8am and play seven games straight and finish 1st grade at 10pm that night?

Or can Toronto get approval for an additional 2 days a month access for games with league in charge of the ground?

What impact does losing Kahibah No 1 for an entire Sat every 2 weeks mean for the juniors sides?

It quickly becomes more than just about finding 15 players for each age. And that doesnt even consider the changes needed for clubs now suddenly needing C Licenced caches, a B Licence Technical Director, all juniors coaches needing particular levels as minimums. It is a huge issues for every club because suddenly they are forced to compete for a limited number of people who are qualified (and actually decent at the job).

To all Club Presidents in NewFM........ good luck this season, glad Im not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    If they do stick to the plan then it will most likely be the end of current promotion / relegation format (I can see a 3 -5 year license handed out then reapply) and also the end of the NEWFM in it's current structure.
    If they make it that all NEWFM clubs must have the same standards as NPL clubs then it makes the promotion/relegation format work better, certainly ensures that the club that is finishing top gets promoted (excepting the issue with the Jets)

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    If they make it that all NEWFM clubs must have the same standards as NPL clubs then it makes the promotion/relegation format work better, certainly ensures that the club that is finishing top gets promoted (excepting the issue with the Jets)
    That's exactly what I was getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    That's exactly what I was getting at.
    Oh thought you were supporting the idea of ending promotion/relegation.

All this certainly widens the gap between ZPL and NewFM too.
    I love it. It's certainly got us motivated.

He not busy being born is busy dying.
    R Zimmerman

Being a former Cookers player I really think some people posting on this thread should be a bit more transparent with their comments and not make ridiculous statements because of being uninformed.. Pinocchio comes to mind. Get on with your own short falls and man up. Ffs put your efforts into getting your own backyard tidy.

Banned
    That should be the aim big time

The NPL and New FM should be bigger standard than the ZPL and forever getting wider

Oh thought you were supporting the idea of ending promotion/relegation.
    In the current format I am for scrapping promotion / relegation as it doesn't work.
    I think that there are a few options for promotion and relegation but like you said, until all clubs are up to standard then it shouldn't be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    The information to be presented dealt with some recommendations Zico:

Licences were suggested at 3 years which I believe means if you dont have a licence starting 2017 then you can apply at any stage but wont be eligible to be invited into NewFm until 2020 but I might be wrong there.

Promotion/Relegation between NPL & NewFm to remain (albeit Jets can not be demoted that is as I understand an FFA directive) but will be based on a club championship format yet to be decided.

Only clubs with an NPL Licence will be allowed in NewFM, so every club will be eligible for promotion (or you wont be in NewFM).

How many teams in a competition will depend on approved NPL Licence numbers, and it has been said even holding an NPL Licence does not guarantee a spot in those comps, nor is there a guarantee NewFM will exist if insufficient numbers gain their NPL Licence. They listed a few pages of possible scenarios based on various possible licence holding numbers but basically no one will know until around Oct 2016 how many clubs will be in a position to play NPL/NewFM.

Ground Criteria as I understood was to be reviewed by Northern and hopefully presented next Tuesday but has not yet been released. FFA themselves do not give clear guidance on Ground/Facility criteria that I have ever found, issues like Player Races need reviewing as at some grounds it is actually a design issue because of placement of canteens and referees rooms. Imagine Singleton here....... how do you build a player race all the way to their referees room? Belswans how do you build one and still allow easy access to canteen?

Lighting SHOULD have been a concern for Northern many years ago but again clubs can not just front $150K in a year so that will be an interesting call. The standard across NewFM generally with lighting is exceptionally poor.

I think ground criteria may become quite basic at a compulsory level - Fenced Ground, Ticket Box, Dressing shed and referees rooms standards, first aid standards, duty officer numbers, scoreboard and a few others. Then a list of preferable items will be wanted to decide between clubs if needed - covered dug outs (not just seats on the sideline), player race, 100 Lux plus lighting etc

I think for some clubs the immediate issue to deal with is the additional junior sides they must have in place for 2017. It will mean being proactive in the junior community and also some serious diplomacy with surrounding junior clubs that may see it as "stealing" their players. But it also brings too huge issues into play - Volunteer numbers and ground availability.

How do Wallsend deal with not being able to access The Gardens on a Sat? Do you play games every Sunday expecting volunteers never to have a weekend off? Do you move them to another ground (not even sure Northern would consider this option)? DO you start at 8am and play seven games straight and finish 1st grade at 10pm that night?

Or can Toronto get approval for an additional 2 days a month access for games with league in charge of the ground?

What impact does losing Kahibah No 1 for an entire Sat every 2 weeks mean for the juniors sides?

It quickly becomes more than just about finding 15 players for each age. And that doesnt even consider the changes needed for clubs now suddenly needing C Licenced caches, a B Licence Technical Director, all juniors coaches needing particular levels as minimums. It is a huge issues for every club because suddenly they are forced to compete for a limited number of people who are qualified (and actually decent at the job).

To all Club Presidents in NewFM........ good luck this season, glad Im not you.
    Just on Toronto ..... League is NOT in control of the ground, there is a Toronto Ovals Board which if the soccer fraternity was focused and forward enough, they can have the same amount of people on the board as the scorps, the problem is, the deciding vote on the ground usage is usually determined by the CEO of Toronto Workers Club who is a big scorps supporter, both in $$$$ and in general. If the stags want more control of Lyall Peacock Oval they have to be aggressive, get seats on the ovals board and get in the workers clubs good books like we were years ago. Lyall Peacock is honestly now just as good a ground as ANY in newfm or NPL, oversowing of the ground, new canteen facilities, new toilket facilities which are at the " old main entrance " with new turnstiles etc, loads of in ground parking etc etc......... stags board need to push these facilities to the Workies and get some bigger soccer matches out there .......... or make NNSW aware of how good it is out there now.......... get off your $$#%^% boys

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Just on Toronto ..... League is NOT in control of the ground, there is a Toronto Ovals Board which if the soccer fraternity was focused and forward enough, they can have the same amount of people on the board as the scorps, the problem is, the deciding vote on the ground usage is usually determined by the CEO of Toronto Workers Club who is a big scorps supporter, both in $$$$ and in general. If the stags want more control of Lyall Peacock Oval they have to be aggressive, get seats on the ovals board and get in the workers clubs good books like we were years ago. Lyall Peacock is honestly now just as good a ground as ANY in newfm or NPL, oversowing of the ground, new canteen facilities, new toilket facilities which are at the " old main entrance " with new turnstiles etc, loads of in ground parking etc etc......... stags board need to push these facilities to the Workies and get some bigger soccer matches out there .......... or make NNSW aware of how good it is out there now.......... get off your $$#%^% boys

last season when I was out there, the ground was in very good shape and heard good things about the facilities and pitch all season...

GO AWAY, they may need you to get on the ovals board and push the club in the right direction? sniff a coup in place?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cookaburra Kid View Post
    last season when I was out there, the ground was in very good shape and heard good things about the facilities and pitch all season...

GO AWAY, they may need you to get on the ovals board and push the club in the right direction? sniff a coup in place?
    Not a chance sorry...

If only it was that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    always the case, seems simple but requires the efforts of many....... times like that people need to get together and get the club moving forward

It can be easy, id suggest, someone from Toronto Awaba contact David Eland or Nisbet ( if he is still there ) and put forward a case for some games to maybe puched to Lyall Peacock through the summer, league is a winter sport, these days there are more options then the Football facility or Magic Park

It can be easy, id suggest, someone from Toronto Awaba contact David Eland or Nisbet ( if he is still there ) and put forward a case for some games to maybe puched to Lyall Peacock through the summer, league is a winter sport, these days there are more options then the Football facility or Magic Park
    And if the answer is no....which it probably would be..... not that simple.

And if the answer is no....which it probably would be..... not that simple.
    So better not try then...Give ambitious people with a plan a go and who knows what could happen.