Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NEW FM League thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Cookaburra Kid View Post
    couldn't agree with you more GO AWAY!!! Ricki was top shelf, is he still running around at all, wouldn't mind him lacing the boots up at Cooks Hill for a cameo performance
    You seem to be very passionate about the gold and blue mate, maybe you should get the ball rolling

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    You seem to be very passionate about the gold and blue mate, maybe you should get the ball rolling

seems as though there has been many failed attempts before? there is plenty of passion around the time from what I've heard

I will just respond to all the previous posts in one shot.

- Firstly how can the Juniors compete when rival clubs are paying the Rego of 15 year olds to play in an A Grade competition. Which is a whole separate issue in itself.

- The issues of the Juniors and the Seniors, I am struggling to see a time when both clubs will have any kind of positive relationship. I'm not laying blame to anyone in particular but some change needs to happen soon, petty grudges need to be forgotten or otherwise Morriset will soon take its place in the top leagues.

- I can assure you there are many talented kids playing at the Juniors and Seniors that love the Stags and want to play First Grade one day and there are just as many that love the club playing in town. The difference is the patience to wait for the club to finally come good, some kids leave at the first sign of interest from NPL clubs, others wait it out but eventually leave because nothing changes in the Seniors.

- The rumours of the Stags paying overs on guys for next year could be true, I don't know any of the people they have signed. But from what I've been told by the some of the 2015 playing group they are still waiting for their cheques for this season.

- As a supporter it is tough because every year there is a new coach with a whole new team of guys with some you have never heard of. They are keeping the coach this year but with a host of players leaving the club once again we are back at square one.

- A lot of the players of all ages who are leaving are local juniors who have come on in the last 2/3 years but for one reason or another they have had enough and are leaving. Talent isn't the issue either - Wallsend, Lakes, Edgeworth and Cooks Hill are the clubs some of the guys are going to.

- One can only speculate as to what the real issues are at the club. Even local coaches like Graham Jones now at Belswans have come and gone and the young 23s coach from this year has followed another local Chiefy to Cooks Hill First Grade.

- I don't know what talking on here will even accomplish but they will at least get my $5 entry plus a couple cans of drink every home game next year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    I will just respond to all the previous posts in one shot.

- Firstly how can the Juniors compete when rival clubs are paying the Rego of 15 year olds to play in an A Grade competition. Which is a whole separate issue in itself.
    Who is paying U15 year olds rego? That's insane and completely wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by football_macigian23 View Post
    I agree. Postman if your going to make statements like that you need to name the Club. Having a kid in that age group I can state I have not heard of such a thing. I would be disgusted as well if true and the club should be named and shamed.

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    I agree. Postman if your going to make statements like that you need to name the Club. Having a kid in that age group I can state I have not heard of such a thing. I would be disgusted as well if true and the club should be named and shamed.
    We wonder why our 1st graders demand lots of money when U15s are getting their rego paid.. What a joke

If it is true, the club needs to have a good look at themselves and realise no other club in Newcastle would even think about paying kids registration costs

Quote Originally Posted by football_macigian23 View Post
    School yard chat could confirm this, one I know of with a 2nd that I suspect, worse in my opinion is talk from club that kid will play 1st grade in 2016......reality is that both these kids struggled this year in NPL U15 and I know one couldn't get an U17 spot, suspect same for the other

Club is inner city new fm, happily putting squads on wed page

But as I have stated before this shit goes on, is it parent or club driven ???? I suspect parent. I know that not one new fm club approached me looking for my son to play with them, so I suspect if I wanted this I would need to approach ???? Much better to tell grand parents that johnny is playing first grade...........lol

You lot are kidding right.
    Any Club paying Kids rego and can comfortably afford it they should be congratulated not condemned. I would much rather see Kids getting to play for free rather than hearing stories of former hacks and premadonnas getting paid $800-$1000 per game.
    Last edited by Premy; 18-11-2015 at 09:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    School yard chat could confirm this, one I know of with a 2nd that I suspect, worse in my opinion is talk from club that kid will play 1st grade in 2016......reality is that both these kids struggled this year in NPL U15 and I know one couldn't get an U17 spot, suspect same for the other

But as I have stated before this shit goes on, is it parent or club driven ???? I suspect parent. I know that not one new fm club approached me looking for my son to play with them, so I suspect if I wanted this I would need to approach ???? Much better to tell grand parents that johnny is playing first grade...........lol
    Inner city NewFM club with squad on their website? I wonder just which club that might be??? Could be the same club that took a former NPL Youth player last year and allowed him to star in their first grade squad. I'm indifferent to the idea of paying 15-17 yr olds but I don't feel like clubs should be bagged out for doing so. These young guys may have struggled in NPL but could find their feet in NewFM and re-build their confidence and that I applaud. IMO, it's good for the league that some younger players might be playing first grade next season.

Any news on the draw for next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post

the squad on the website? generally list all players that are potentially in the top 30, doesn't define what grade they will be playing, as you said some of those 15 year old could end up in the 17s and 19s with a pathway/aim to cut the mustard in first grade

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Any news on the draw for next season?
    Draw released today apparently.

Whos coaching singleton ? Have heard Baillie has gone from yet another club, bet the club payed big money for some players and still couldnt make the semis in two years, wonder if they have any money left, i heard they made a big big offer / play for goodchild. Dan Bartlett has gone to Kahibah

DRAFT draw was issued last night as it usually has a few tweaks made over the next few weeks as final details are made by clubs.

0001.jpg0001.jpg0003.jpg0003.jpg0005.jpg0006.jpg

FFA Cup Dates are also set down as:

Round 1 Sat/Sun 20/21st Feb and
    Round 2 Sat/Sun 27/28th Feb

Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    DRAFT draw was issued last night as it usually has a few tweaks made over the next few weeks as final details are made by clubs.

0001.jpg0001.jpg0003.jpg0003.jpg0005.jpg0006.jpg

FFA Cup Dates are also set down as:

Round 1 Sat/Sun 20/21st Feb and
    Round 2 Sat/Sun 27/28th Feb
    Great work but there's two pages uploaded twice. Rd 5-8 and 13-16 are missing. Looks as though the Easter Weekend will be good. Any idea why Westy's home games are all at 4pm?

its not a bad idea, gives the committee a chance to sleep in no 9am ko's for them

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    its not a bad idea, gives the committee a chance to sleep in no 9am ko's for them
    Now it makes sense to me. Maybe more teams should look at the idea as trying to get to Singleton at 9:15am isn't the greatest thing in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Now it makes sense to me. Maybe more teams should look at the idea as trying to get to Singleton at 9:15am isn't the greatest thing in the world.
    What about singo getting to newy every fortnight?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    What about singo getting to newy every fortnight?
    You make a good point. Part and parcel of playing for them I guess. They start with a few away games too which will be tough.

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Bye is silly

Promote Bero
    Novocastria Youth