Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NEW FM League thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    So better not try then...Give ambitious people with a plan a go and who knows what could happen.
    Good to hear, something is happening out there by the sounds of it Postman, by the way, how is the recruiting going for the stags for 2016, are they looking ok / given they have lost Baillie, Davies, White to name a few ?

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Good to hear, something is happening out there by the sounds of it Postman, by the way, how is the recruiting going for the stags for 2016, are they looking ok / given they have lost Baillie, Davies, White to name a few ?
    Unfortunately don't know of anything happening.

Just a had peak at their website
    D.March
    C.Blomfield
    ?
    ?
    O.Mostyn
    L.Jovcevski
    C.Prebble
    B.Redman
    ?
    N.Roberts
    H.Jensen
    J.Cowie
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    D.Cheetham
    A.Davis
    C.Brown
    ?
    T.Amos
    S.Hamisi
    M.Clarke
    T.Stone
    D.Williams
    ?
    W.Cadden
    I.Roberts
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

So two genuine first graders i can see ??? Mostyn and Redman ???

Unfortunately don't know of anything happening.

Just a had peak at their website
    D.March
    C.Blomfield
    ?
    ?
    O.Mostyn
    L.Jovcevski
    C.Prebble
    B.Redman
    ?
    N.Roberts
    H.Jensen
    J.Cowie
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    D.Cheetham
    A.Davis
    C.Brown
    ?
    T.Amos
    S.Hamisi
    M.Clarke
    T.Stone
    D.Williams
    ?
    W.Cadden
    I.Roberts
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

remember watching the stags twice last night and only can remember 4 names? Roberts, L.Jovcevski, Mostyn and Redman

I heard along the grapevine that Mostyn and Redman wasn't playing? any news postman

So two genuine first graders i can see ??? Mostyn and Redman ???

nick Roberts scored a few goals for them last year?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cookaburra Kid View Post
    remember watching the stags twice last night and only can remember 4 names? Roberts, L.Jovcevski, Mostyn and Redman

I heard along the grapevine that Mostyn and Redman wasn't playing? any news postman
    Owen is not returning, massive loss.

I was led to believe that Reddo was not playing either.

How did it all go tonight?

Owen is not returning, massive loss.

Owen will be a massive loss if its true, clear standout the two times I seen him and highly regarded around the comp.... has he been poached or getting off the sinking ship? obvs didn't get offered the big money the younger ones have been promised

Quote Originally Posted by football_macigian23 View Post
    How did it all go tonight?
    If your referring to the club meeting it mostly went over with surprising ease. The move from 22's to 20's was a point of contention with some NPL clubs and the concept of promotion/regulation based on a club championship was good in concept but now may exclude the very youngest teams.

A lot will hinge on late 2016 when those NewFm willing and able to apply for NPL Licences are assessed, the final number of NPL Licences clubs will determine competition numbers, if promotion/relegation will even exist, if there will be a second tier (Eland apparently did flag a third option of NewFm but with no availability for promotion during the 3 year licence period).

personally I like the idea of spreading some of those talented 21/22's guy around other clubs either in lower NPL or NEwFM sides. Stop some clubs hoarding players on the "chance"they may get some 1st Grade time.

I am a little confused about the claim that an u14 team would be pressured towards the end of a season unduly because the club may be regulated. With 1st Grade being weighted so heavily (50% plus) blame will still lay with the senior sides so the only place such pressure would appear was from the club committee itself in which case they should be publically named and shamed for doing so. Make all the teams feel pat of a club by contributing to the clubs eventual successes.

It is going to be very curious as to if any NewFm clubs aside from Lakes and Sth Cardiff (who already hold NPL Licences) can step up or if we will have two comps with no link between them. Or indeed as Eland pointed out Northern just have a single NPL Comp and then it drops to ID Football.

Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    If your referring to the club meeting it mostly went over with surprising ease. The move from 22's to 20's was a point of contention with some NPL clubs and the concept of promotion/regulation based on a club championship was good in concept but now may exclude the very youngest teams.

A lot will hinge on late 2016 when those NewFm willing and able to apply for NPL Licences are assessed, the final number of NPL Licences clubs will determine competition numbers, if promotion/relegation will even exist, if there will be a second tier (Eland apparently did flag a third option of NewFm but with no availability for promotion during the 3 year licence period).

personally I like the idea of spreading some of those talented 21/22's guy around other clubs either in lower NPL or NEwFM sides. Stop some clubs hoarding players on the "chance"they may get some 1st Grade time.

I am a little confused about the claim that an u14 team would be pressured towards the end of a season unduly because the club may be regulated. With 1st Grade being weighted so heavily (50% plus) blame will still lay with the senior sides so the only place such pressure would appear was from the club committee itself in which case they should be publically named and shamed for doing so. Make all the teams feel pat of a club by contributing to the clubs eventual successes.

It is going to be very curious as to if any NewFm clubs aside from Lakes and Sth Cardiff (who already hold NPL Licences) can step up or if we will have two comps with no link between them. Or indeed as Eland pointed out Northern just have a single NPL Comp and then it drops to ID Football.
    Will be very interesting either way! What was the feel about bringing 13s up into the NewFM?

Quote Originally Posted by football_macigian23 View Post
    Will be very interesting either way! What was the feel about bringing 13s up into the NewFM?
    I was told it just didn't get commented on, so I am not sure if that's a positive response or a negative one haha..... prob more just accepting a reality that its going to happen and clubs need to deal with it. Certainly is interesting in terms of clubs planning and finding all those extra volunteers.

So at the moment with only Lakes and Southy able to meet the NPL criteria what do NNSW do, because at the moment the current promotion/relegation model doesn't work.

1. Promote Lakes and Southy and scrap the NewFM completely moving the other 9 teams into a revamped Zone League system, effectively killing promotion and relegation to the NPL.

2. After the conclusion of next season leave whatever teams are left in NewFM and say to them "You have 3 years to get your club up to NPL standard or you will be back to the ZPL". Not the most ideal scenario, possibly punishing a club that is NPL ready by not allowing them promotion to NPL for 3 years.

3. Drop whatever teams from NewFM that don't or can't meet NPL criteria to ZPL and have a smaller NPL2 division with clubs either already meeting the criteria or have a plan in place to meet it within 3 years.

4. Ease up on the criteria and have promotion/relegation flowing through all 6 divisions with ease.

Will be very interesting to what ever solution they choose next year.

im still an avid believer that both competitions NPL and Newfm have suffered re no more reserve grade football... (yes you have the exceptions of players..) but where is the club feel! ( I guess some clubs have addressed that with there having All Age Teams.. (but it just seems to me they just want to follow and have the comp like in Sydney) but the difference is the pool of players resources etc...

yes in areas there has been a boost in some playing standards, but so to has the money sky rocketed what people get paid!...

making things professional is great and show it should! but dont loose the club and club feelings!....as the way it keeps going the pressure on club volunteers gets harder and harder each year!!

there should be promotion relegation across the entire format from NPL to what zl3 is it?

from the top league in switzerland to the bottom, we have to apply each year for a licence for a specific competition.. ( it happens to even those in professional football, relegated although not being last because of issues like finance etc.. special circumstances are given to some clubs re facilities but must be improved in a specific time frame... ( I.e if plans are lodged and are just waiting to be approved and built etc re a grandstand or or or)

this whole thing of 3 year licenses and etc seems alot like we are looking at an american style sporting world!

football clubs need to be just that! from juniors to senior and veteran football.. ive seen many a club that had a thriving club base get ruined! re new inforced measures!..

plus the feel of games, (like mitchy) I remember back in the day Loving but also hating going to bero.. you always knew you where in for a good game.. them know exactly how to play on that field and the side of the ground full of supporters...

WE dont want it to get to a point where its just pitch must be so wide so big (every single ground) next they will say everyone on artificial turf so there is no unfair bias and and clinical statistical boring approach to football (re at times the irritating national curriculum)

sorry bit of a rant! i wish everyone a good 2016...
    Amigos Aarau

So at the moment with only Lakes and Southy able to meet the NPL criteria what do NNSW do, because at the moment the current promotion/relegation model doesn't work.

1. Promote Lakes and Southy and scrap the NewFM completely moving the other 9 teams into a revamped Zone League system, effectively killing promotion and relegation to the NPL.

2. After the conclusion of next season leave whatever teams are left in NewFM and say to them "You have 3 years to get your club up to NPL standard or you will be back to the ZPL". Not the most ideal scenario, possibly punishing a club that is NPL ready by not allowing them promotion to NPL for 3 years.

3. Drop whatever teams from NewFM that don't or can't meet NPL criteria to ZPL and have a smaller NPL2 division with clubs either already meeting the criteria or have a plan in place to meet it within 3 years.

4. Ease up on the criteria and have promotion/relegation flowing through all 6 divisions with ease.

Will be very interesting to what ever solution they choose next year.
    Ease up on the criteria, promotion / relegation through all divisions.

As a matter of interest, why do Toronto Awaba not meet criteria ? They did in 2008 ?? When they were promoted above Azzuri and Lakes

Ease up on the criteria, promotion / relegation through all divisions.

As a matter of interest, why do Toronto Awaba not meet criteria ? They did in 2008 ?? When they were promoted above Azzuri and Lakes
    Money issues and ground requirements I would hazard a guess

Money issues and ground requirements I would hazard a guess
    Best ground in Newfm and up there with NPL grounds

Best ground in Newfm and up there with NPL grounds
    Oh yes no debating that fact but it's the other factors - lighting, the players race from sheds to field and the dugouts. Plus having to share with the Footy.

Oh yes no debating that fact but it's the other factors - lighting, the players race from sheds to field and the dugouts. Plus having to share with the Footy.

the player race? wasn't that fixed and is now level? use to have to walk up towards the ground from the sheds... dugouts aren't that bad I've seen far worse

maybe it just needs to be pushed

Why do we need player's races anyway! Such an out-dated idea and really impractical for most clubs. If someone wants to get to a ref or player they are more likely to jump over the thigh high fence that surrounds the playing surface.