Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread: 2015 NEW FM League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I think players deserve to be paid but the amount is what needs to be questioned. I will also add this, what sort of a fu@cked up club and officials offer money to players that they have no intent of coming good on.

This is a classic for me how NNSWF are slowly but surely going to weed out the grubs in our game. Hopefully the fed step in and send Awaba back to the ID's and promote a club with morales.

A club with morals ? Who you kidding mate, Toronto Awaba obviously must be going through a hard time, it's not the club that's the issue, it must be the people running it ?

Please don't tarnish the club who had produced so many good local players and had some greats play for them, players that use to play for the club and not the money, a club who has won state cups against big boys in the day like Adamstown, Wallsend etc etc

How bout the football community including nnsw help the club out, give them advice, whatever, but no good naming the club on here postman, and no good calling the club / admin grubs mfks, 1923 this club was born and it won't die because the local community won't help out , and it won't die because the newcastle community have a bee in their bonnet over toronto awaba ...... Not good players not payed ( if true ) but there must be a solution ffs

***ending this topic right here***

anything else Newfm going on?

To all the critics who are happy to bag the once great club " toronto awaba ' their AGM is tomorrow night, you are more then welcome to chuck your money in and become a voice where it matters , " not on a forum behind a keyboard " , you ARE more then welcome.

To the people who pull me aside in the street, via text, via FB asking can i help ??? Hope to see you ALL at the AGM, ONE PERSON CANT FIX THE CLUB, BUT MANY COULD..

remember my parents saying once " buy the worst house in the best street, not the best house in the worst street " this applies to awaba, if someone would like to help run the place, we will see you tomorrow night ........... cheers

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I think players deserve to be paid but the amount is what needs to be questioned.
    All this talk about paying players has started to make me think…. Should players be paid???? Should anyone be paid???? Why do players and coaches get paid???
    Well from a historical stand point I guess they always have.
    Who are the players who get paid??? I think the majority (although not all) would be those who had to “pay” a lot when younger because they had bit of talent and some would have even fallen into the “elite” sportsman bracket! So maybe they are getting a return on the monies outlaid when a junior? If there was no return on the money then maybe some would move codes, change sports – I wouldn’t like to see that happen.
    Coaches get paid certainly but again this is mostly a return for the time and money they now personally have to devote for a “certificate” for accreditation.

I support Zico on this which is funny because we generally have differing views on a lot of things.

MFKS – you bang on a lot about low standards and poor competitions, I think the standard would probably be lower without payments….. Just saying!

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    All this talk about paying players has started to make me think…. Should players be paid???? Should anyone be paid???? Why do players and coaches get paid???
    Who are the players who get paid??? I think the majority (although not all) would be those who had to “pay” a lot when younger because they had bit of talent and some would have even fallen into the “elite” sportsman bracket! So maybe they are getting a return on the monies outlaid when a junior? If there was no return on the money then maybe some would move codes, change sports – I wouldn’t like to see that happen.
    Coaches get paid certainly but again this is mostly a return for the time and money they now personally have to devote for a “certificate” for accreditation.

I support Zico on this which is funny because we generally have differing views on a lot of things.

MFKS – you bang on a lot about low standards and poor competitions, I think the standard would probably be lower without payments….. Just saying!
    Seeing the AGM Financial for West Wallsend they paid zero for their coaching staff for this season and again for next season (which shows they are finding people willing to help the club out of their troubles) and they paid zero to players last year and will be doing so again in 2016, even more impressive was First Grade players paying their registration along with their 17's guys. So there are players willing given, as many have mentioned, the right atmosphere and culture, the issue is the time it takes to rebuild that from the low point a club can find itself in.

I am truely hoping many clubs see the NPL challenge laid down by Northern and do look at restructuring player payments, coaching, junior involvement and the local community in general
    Last edited by curious_fan; 07-12-2015 at 03:01 PM.

A ball park figure I heard of for one player in NewFM - $500 per match? A lot of that money could go towards maybe LED lighting upgrade for example or amenities...even paying for coaching Certificates.
    The list of options is endless. It's really starting to lose the plot.
    I wonder how much (on a sliding scale) your John Macquaries, Mark Jones', Darren Stewart's etc were being paid back in those days for their local clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    A ball park figure I heard of for one player in NewFM - $500 per match? A lot of that money could go towards maybe LED lighting upgrade for example or amenities...even paying for coaching Certificates.
    The list of options is endless. It's really starting to lose the plot.
    I wonder how much (on a sliding scale) your John Macquaries, Mark Jones', Darren Stewart's etc were being paid back in those days for their local clubs?
    That is the crux of the matter YOU HEARD....how much was he actually paid???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    That is the crux of the matter YOU HEARD....how much was he actually paid???
    You keep focusing on the it is only rumour part how much he was paid.

You are still missing the point.

We all know blokes are getting paid in this comp and we all know some are well paid. the exact figure doesn't matter

Ridiculous amounts of money are being squandered to pay players to run around in Newys 2nd tier comp.

Money that should be invested into clubs and juniors is squandered to pay some bloke who is not even in the top 100 players in the region

I agree with De-Champ.
    Everyone says that NewFM players are getting paid too much - but are they???
    No-one can provide a name or an amount to prove it.

We DO know that many NewFM clubs spend little or no money (eg Westy) on player payments.
    Clubs might pay first grade regos and a token win bonus for most players - I am ok with that.
    If a player earns $1,000 to $2,000 per year ($50 to $100 per week) in player payments that would probably cover his petrol costs to get to and from training twice a week.

If there are players that are getting paid big $ in NewFM then it will be the minority and will only be in a select few clubs (probably with the big junior bases - think Valo, Cooks Hill and Kahibah would be my guess).

Happy to be shot down but do it with some facts not a I HEARD.....

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    I agree with De-Champ.

We DO know that many NewFM clubs spend little or no money (eg Westy) on player payments.
    Clubs might pay first grade regos and a token win bonus for most players - I am ok with that.
    If a player earns $1,000 to $2,000 per year ($50 to $100 per week) in player payments that would probably cover his petrol costs to get to and from training twice a week.

If there are players that are getting paid big $ in NewFM then it will be the minority and will only be in a select few clubs (probably with the big junior bases - think Valo, Cooks Hill and Kahibah would be my guess).

Add Lakes onto the big spenders list.

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    I agree with De-Champ.

I'm not naming names or Clubs but I know there are people in NewFM on $100 appearance and $300 a win. That's at least $2000 grand a year, now would I be crazy to think that 10 of his team mates are on the same coin? No...
    So that's $22,000 with out a win, over 5 years thats $110,000 minimum. What would $110,000 worth of upgrades to facilities get you?

Edit: Clubs need to look at the big picture and stop lining the pokets of former hacks or a never was. No problem with Clubs covering rego if they can afford but defending player payments in NewFM means you're part of the problem.
    Last edited by Premy; 09-12-2015 at 11:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I That's at least $2000 grand a year
    fk m8 i better get playin' NEWFM ricky tick at 2 million a year

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    fk m8 i better get playin' NEWFM ricky tick at 2 million a year
    Best part of this that I edited my post and still didn't pick up this
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Great to hear the Toronto Awaba AGM went down a treat, with a young president, and a exuberant committee full of business owners, have heard all positions filled and a committee of about ten blokes. Time to turn the club back in the right direction.

Better still, no executive committee have sons playing at the club as far as i am aware.

Lots of work to do, but heading in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Great to hear the Toronto Awaba AGM went down a treat, with a young president, and a exuberant committee full of business owners, have heard all positions filled and a committee of about ten blokes. Time to turn the club back in the right direction.

Better still, no executive committee have sons playing at the club as far as i am aware.

Lots of work to do, but heading in the right direction
    Fantastic news, a strong Toronto Awaba can only be good for football in Newcastle.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I'm not naming names or Clubs but I know there are people in NewFM on $100 appearance and $300 a win. That's at least $2000 grand a year, now would I be crazy to think that 10 of his team mates are on the same coin? No...
    So that's $22,000 with out a win, over 5 years thats $110,000 minimum. What would $110,000 worth of upgrades to facilities get you?
    Yes you would be crazy to think all players are paid the same, some are paid an appearance fee plus the win money while some only get win money.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Found this item on the BelSwans site today....some work in the pipelines I gather.
    Just keep clear of my nest will ya's!!!!!!!

Belmont Swansea United Football Club - kicking goals off the park!
    The Member for Swansea – Yasmin Catley MP announced mid-week that the Belswans were successful in obtaining grant funding in the 2015 Community Building Partnerships program.
    This is fantastic news for the club and the allocated funding will assist in facility infrastructure improvements at Blacksmiths Oval.
    There will certainly be a different look at the ground in the near future with tiered seating pods, retaining walls and concrete paths to provide for spectator comfort and enhance the look of the facility all on the agenda.
    The Member for Swansea – Yasmin Catley MP met with Belswans Club Secretary Brad Paul at Blacksmiths Oval to see first hand what the club had planned for future developments.

Found this item on the BelSwans site today....some work in the pipelines I gather.

The Member for Swansea – Yasmin Catley MP announced mid-week that the Belswans were successful in obtaining grant funding in the 2015 Community Building Partnerships program.
    This is fantastic news for the club and the allocated funding will assist in facility infrastructure improvements at Blacksmiths Oval.
    There will certainly be a different look at the ground in the near future with tiered seating pods, retaining walls and concrete paths to provide for spectator comfort and enhance the look of the facility all on the agenda.
    The Member for Swansea – Yasmin Catley MP met with Belswans Club Secretary Brad Paul at Blacksmiths Oval to see first hand what the club had planned for future developments.
    Good to hear! Well done to all the Belswans people for being proactive.

Meanwhile the club secretarys son joins magic ???

Who cares?
    People complain when committee members Sons play for the same club. Complain when they leave.