Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Women's Premier League

2015 Women's Premier League

The WPL will be changing for 2015:
    Emerging jets are gone, still not sure where to. Rumors are they are going to play the NPL youth teams instead of the bye round.
    U14 and U16 age groups are going to be introduced.
    Up to three new clubs will be added. Rumors are Warner's Bay, South Wallsend or Wallsend and one other. NNSW will announce somewhere around the 13th of next month who the new clubs will be.

I could imagine South Wallsend given they already have a WZL side. I think Wallsend have one too, so it makes sense that they could find the players to fill all grades.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Have heard Mayfield are wanting to make step un intp WPL. Won WZL this year in their first year in comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    I could imagine South Wallsend given they already have a WZL side. I think Wallsend have one too, so it makes sense that they could find the players to fill all grades.
    surely they would not take south wallsend. they won 1 game all year last year in 1st grade and copped a tonne of goals against, this would be a ridiculous choice

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate soldier View Post
    surely they would not take south wallsend. they won 1 game all year last year in 1st grade and copped a tonne of goals against, this would be a ridiculous choice
    But they could fill all the age groups required. That's the main criteria from what I've seen with state leagues.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

The rumor at the moment is that either Southy or Wallsend are going to pick up the Newcastle rep teams as a block which makes the junior part easy. Fielding a competitive team in 1st grade will be the main problem. The Newcastle rep teams played out of Walker fields this year.
    There are going to be some big scores in the first couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    The rumor at the moment is that either Southy or Wallsend are going to pick up the Newcastle rep teams as a block which makes the junior part easy. Fielding a competitive team in 1st grade will be the main problem. The Newcastle rep teams played out of Walker fields this year.
    There are going to be some big scores in the first couple of years.
    Southy have the numbers anyway. They've had 2 u/12s, at least 1 u/14s and u/16s, potentially an u/18 too. And you mean the Newcastle Football teams u/12, u/14 and u/16? They played at Edden this year.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

We played the U14 Newcastle rep twice at Walker Fields in the U16A comp.

U18 Newcastle Rep played at Edden.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    We played the U14 Newcastle rep twice at Walker Fields in the U16A comp.
    Might just have been the 14s and 18s then. I reffed them both at Edden.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Hi ppl, this is my very first post so go easy on me. Been following this forum for awhile, but can state some facts for this thread as my daughter plays with Newcastle Football... NF girls 12s, 14s, 16s all trained at Southy home ground this year but their official home ground was Edden. All 3 teams played up in the next age group ie 12s played in girls 14a comp etc. The 12s made the semis, both 14s and 16s won Minors and Majors extremely easily even playing up in age group. No Newcastle Football girls teams next year so whichever WPL club picks these girls up will be doing very well... "Should" be Southy as the coaches/managers have close association there, but depends if the girls all stick together.

Welcome footyhead

Thank you GazFish35. Looking forward to getting abused by Mother Theresa or MKFS lol

Banned
    NORTHERN NSW Football hopes to provide a year-round program for senior W-League players after gaining entry for its Emerging Jets teams into the state’s best competition for female players.

The Emerging Jets will play in the 10-team Football NSW National Premier Leagues 1 competition against Sydney clubs, the Central Coast and Illawarra.

It comes after Emerging Jets academy director Gary van Egmond recommended the girls’ teams no longer play in the Herald Women’s Premier League after the under18s won the first-grade competition this season and the under15s finished runners-up in under18s.

The Emerging Jets will field three teams in FNSW’s NPL.

The under-17 Emerging Jets will play in first grade, the under 15s will compete in the under-17 league, while the program will also enter a team in the under 13s.

They will not enter sides in under 15s or reserve grade next year.

NNSWF chief executive David Eland said it was a good result for the Emerging Jets.

‘‘We’re absolutely thrilled,’’ Eland said.

‘‘We jumped through a heap of hoops and we weren’t sure how it was going to be received, particularly from the Sydney clubs, but we’ve been accepted.

‘‘Football NSW NPL1 is the strongest club competition in Australia and to give our Emerging Jets the opportunity to play in that week in, week out is a huge bonus for our talented girls.’’

Eland said the change could also allow senior Newcastle W-League players, who will be allowed to play as over-age players in the under-17 side, to stick with the Jets in the winter.

As it stands, players are pulled together from overseas leagues, the WPL and the Sydney competition each year for the 12-round W-League season.

Eland said senior players would be under no obligation to play with the Emerging Jets but he was excited about the opportunity to provide a year-round W-league Program.

The Emerging Jets girls will host games at the Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility at Speers Point, which will also be the home of the boys’ teams which compete in the NNSWF NPL Youth competition.
    FAO COUSCOUS

Hopefully they will also look at getting the EJ program into the Sydney comp soon

So with the promotions being made, what teams will now make up the WZPL for womens?

Wallsend are an interesting choice - one under 16 C grade girls team. Where are the U14,16 and 18s going to come from?
    Unless their ZWL team was a lot of younger players....
    Warner's Bay and Southy both have a good number of girls teams.

South Wallsend to dominate 14s, 16s, do OK possibly in 18s. Will be interesting to see the first grade make up of 3 new teams.

With the player base already being so spread out, i can see quite a split in the comp already, only an opinion, but there will be a couple of competitive teams, but also a few blowouts each week
    Did they try to expand the comp too soon considering the WZPL is still only a new competition.... only time will tell

I think we need to get used to seeing at least a couple of double digit scores in each grade each week.....

Quote Originally Posted by Footyhead View Post
    South Wallsend to dominate 14s, 16s, do OK possibly in 18s. Will be interesting to see the first grade make up of 3 new teams.
    Remember Football Mid North Coast is also a set of rep teams. They have been good in the NPL this year, so I think they will be near the top.
    Also Adamstown picked up the remains of the Maquarie girls program this year.