Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NEW FM League thread

Belswans had 6/7 first grade players out against Toronto. Great to see some
    Local young players step up and play well.

Quote Originally Posted by What a hit son View Post
    Belswans had 6/7 first grade players out against Toronto. Great to see some
    Local young players step up and play well.
    Victims of the Cricket bug?

Wallsend v cooks hill scores went something like;

17's: 1-1
    19's: 2-3
    23's: 2-5
    1st: 3-1

Thornton v Valo
    19s 0-4
    23s 3-2
    1st 1-6

Westy v Lakes
    17's 1 - 3
    19's 1 - 3
    23's 0 - 3
    1st 2 - 2
    One of those days for Lakes missed Penalty and plenty of missed chances when 2-0 up. Dan Walker sent off (correct decision) but the Westy player who cut Sam Walker down should have been shown a red before that.

Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    Westy v Lakes
    17's 1 - 3
    19's 1 - 3
    23's 0 - 3
    1st 2 - 2
    One of those days for Lakes missed Penalty and plenty of missed chances when 2-0 up. Dan Walker sent off (correct decision) but the Westy player who cut Sam Walker down should have been shown a red before that.
    Does this mean Lakes aren't as good as earlier predictions were saying, or are Westy a better team then people previously thought?

Interesting results over the w.e
    IMO Lakes are still the team to beat. Great effort from Westy coming back from 2-0 down. Valo an easy win over Thornton, did the score reflect the game? Wallsend looked sharp against Cooks Hill, could of score 6 or 7 in the end. Toronto seem to be struggling the most from what I've heard but hopefully they can get better. It's going to be a close year which is good for the comp!

Quote Originally Posted by backstick View Post
    Does this mean Lakes aren't as good as earlier predictions were saying, or are Westy a better team then people previously thought?
    As I predicted at the beginning of the season, this comp will be considerably closer than last season. Lakes and Valo are still the two favourites however a number of teams will be capable of upsetting them on their day. Already after three rounds neither Lakes nor Valo have won away from home!

I saw the Westy v Lakes game and I was very impressed with the Westy players commitment. There have a good side that will win more than their share of games this season. Their keeper had an outstanding game on Sunday to keep them in the contest. I would agree Lakes were unlucky not to get the 3 points - the Westy defender that took out Sam Walker as he was about to shoot from 10 yards out should have been red carded without a doubt. Still Lakes should have done better with the penalty shot.

I agree with JCBT that Lakes were the better side, had the more chances and should have won the game easily - but that's football! Congrats to Westy on sticking to their guns and showing that they will be hard to beat at Wembley!

Quote Originally Posted by Football life View Post
    Interesting results over the w.e
    IMO Lakes are still the team to beat. Great effort from Westy coming back from 2-0 down. Valo an easy win over Thornton, did the score reflect the game? Wallsend looked sharp against Cooks Hill, could of score 6 or 7 in the end. Toronto seem to be struggling the most from what I've heard but hopefully they can get better. It's going to be a close year which is good for the comp!

Thornton played well 2-1 up to 80 minutes, Valo compromised on 2 or 3 underweighted back passes with goals. Valo scored 4 goals in the last 10 minutes with some really well constructed 1 touch play.

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    the Westy defender that took out Sam Walker as he was about to shoot from 10 yards out should have been red carded without a doubt. Still Lakes should have done better with the penalty shot.
    I was sitting down at the end of the ground and when Lakes players questioned not issuing the red card (which I personally hate hearing players do) Byron's reply was that "other defenders were in the vicinity" , not saying he was right or wrong in that regard and the run of the ball was slightly away from goals so it probably met the two big factors in his mind to err on a caution rather than a straight red.

In lower grades, has anyone else been noticing a high number of yellow cards being issued in 17's where the junior referees are filling in? It seems the coaches are doing well making these kids comfortable with a more physical game but our referees are still stuck thinking its U16E grade.
    Last edited by curious_fan; 24-03-2015 at 12:04 PM. Reason: grammer

Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    In lower grades, has anyone else been noticing a high number of yellow cards being issued in 17's where the junior referees are filling in? It seems the coaches are doing well making these kids comfortable with a more physical game but our referees are still stuck thinking its U16E grade.
    Junior referees are not filling in, they are the branches responsible for this competition. The same way junior branches cover the NPL Youth.
    These player have only just moved up from junior football, and some of them may have come from U16E...

It is a big jump for players and referees, though some referees have already been exposed to the NPL Youth. I guess it depends on who you get for the game.

Club have also been required to send four members to a club referee course in the event there are not referees for the under 17s. This is due to NEWFM club requesting the extra age groups, when is not enough referees to cover these matches.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by reserveGK22 View Post
    Club have also been required to send four members to a club referee course in the event there are not referees for the under 17s. This is due to NEWFM club requesting the extra age groups, when is not enough referees to cover these matches.
    Did some checking and yes clubs were asked to send representatives to do an abridged course in refereeing.
    From what I've been told NEWFM clubs didn't actually "request" an Under 17's comp..... but I think that it's a step forward to progress this whole competition. The matter of lack of referees was not raised with the member clubs until after the 17's comp was accepted.

Round 4

Saturday 28 March
    Cooks Hill United FC V Singleton SC
    Newcastle Athletics Field

Sunday 29 March
    Valentine FC V Kahibah FC
    Baxter Field

Sunday 29 March
    Cessnock City FC V Toronto Awaba FC - DRAW
    Turner Park

Sunday 29 March
    West Wallsend SFC V Belmont Swansea United SC
    Johnston Park

Sunday 29 March
    Wallsend FC V Thornton Redbacks FC
    The Gardens

Lake Macquarie City FC
    Bye

I am 8 from 15 so far this season so no-one will be interested in my picks however here they are:

Cookers to beat Singleton 2-1
    Valentine to beat Kahibah 3-1 (Despite picking up some injuries in last nights FFA Cup game)
    Cessnock to beat Toronto 1-0
    Westy and Belswans to draw 1-1 (Westy backing up from a good win last night over Thornton)
    Wallsend to beat Thornton 3-1 (Home advantage to Wallsend and Thornton played mid week)

Cooks Hill 1 - 1 Singleton
    Valentine 2 - 1 Kahibah
    Cessnock 2 - 2 Toronto
    Westy 0 - 0 Belswans
    Wallsend 2 - 1 Thornton

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    Did some checking and yes clubs were asked to send representatives to do an abridged course in refereeing.
    From what I've been told NEWFM clubs didn't actually "request" an Under 17's comp..... but I think that it's a step forward to progress this whole competition. The matter of lack of referees was not raised with the member clubs until after the 17's comp was accepted.
    Very very True Sancho... I put that to the Secretary of a local club and he confirmed it. Due to a lack of desire by NewFM Clubs to voluntarily go and steal local junior sides and have their own 13, 15, 17's Northern put out a survey asking about expansion. What ages, how many in first year, hub or game day scenario etc.

It came back and clubs were informed it would be 17's, the clubs voted down the hub idea and voted in the interchange not subs for 17's.

It was LATER informed to the clubs the refereeing would be a concern, you may not get all you may not get any officials at times during the year and it may impact NewFm, WPL and NPL Youth. Clubs were told to send min 3 max 5 people to one of two nights to do a 2 hour course on being a linesman.

The next step where the U15's are introduced will be a huge test as then clubs will be forced to run Sat & Sun games which most clubs just don't have the volunteers to do, only other alternative is that I can see if we will start playing 1st Grade at 6pm and clubs won't be going back to sponsors for after match day drinks/dinner any more. But that's an argument for the future.

Npl clubs has to do the same

Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    Very very True Sancho... I put that to the Secretary of a local club and he confirmed it. Due to a lack of desire by NewFM Clubs to voluntarily go and steal local junior sides and have their own 13, 15, 17's Northern put out a survey asking about expansion. What ages, how many in first year, hub or game day scenario etc.

It came back and clubs were informed it would be 17's, the clubs voted down the hub idea and voted in the interchange not subs for 17's.

It was LATER informed to the clubs the refereeing would be a concern, you may not get all you may not get any officials at times during the year and it may impact NewFm, WPL and NPL Youth. Clubs were told to send min 3 max 5 people to one of two nights to do a 2 hour course on being a linesman.

The next step where the U15's are introduced will be a huge test as then clubs will be forced to run Sat & Sun games which most clubs just don't have the volunteers to do, only other alternative is that I can see if we will start playing 1st Grade at 6pm and clubs won't be going back to sponsors for after match day drinks/dinner any more. But that's an argument for the future.
    15s 9am
    17s 10:30am
    19s 12:00pm
    22s 2pm
    1st 4pm

What's hard about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Many other sports I have had involvement with use club officials accross all grades & levels. I think the issue is the tendancy of those involved at Football clubs wanting to get stuck into officials like it is their god given right, where as from my experience other sports tend to show more appreciation for guys (& gals) sticking their hand up to have a go so everyone benefits.
    NBN should be kitted out with a full suite of NNSW Officials across all grades, NEWFM probably 1sts & at least a centre for 23's & at least a centre for Zone League 1st grade but if we all had a better attitude I don't see why club officials couldn't work to alleviate the burdon.

Cooks Hill v Singleton
    TIMERITE Park

1st Cooks Hill 2 v Singleton 0 (HT 1-0)
    23's Cooks Hill 1 v Singleton 0 (HT 1-0)
    19's Cooks Hill 2 v Singleton 0 (HT 0-0)
    17's Cooks Hill 1 v Singleton 0 (HT 1-0)