Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NEW FM League thread

Beanie was green so was allowed. Was more concerned personally with his verbal tirade than his beanie.

Shithouse night regarding 1st gde. First grade should have been called off.

Toronto 2-1 Singleton

0-0 at HT, Singo unlucky not to get a Penalty in first half, but did receive a Pen early second half to make it 1-0

Toronto hit back straight away via our 40 something year old head coach who was playing ST scoring a ridiculous goal chipping the keeper.

The second goal came from near half way again chipping the keeper, was quite a clean strike.

Game became quite aggressive, 2 Stags players saw their second yellows. But they managed to hold out.

23s
    Toronto 1-3 Singleton

First grade Kahibah 3-0 over cessnock
    U23s cessnock 2-1 over kahibah

The round 12 fixture between Wallsend FC and Valentine FC tomorrow at The Gardens has been unfortunately called off due to excessive water on the pitch

Have received word that Toronto v Lakes is off for tomorrow. No word yet on Cessnock v Cooks Hill or Kahibah v Westy.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Have received word that Toronto v Lakes is off for tomorrow. No word yet on Cessnock v Cooks Hill or Kahibah v Westy.
    Be interesting to see if Kahiba play their game against Westy after they called last weeks game off with a dry pitch (or is it that a few blokes won't be in Melbourne like last week).
    Clubs need to get the balance between pitch protection and playing football back, far to many games are called off these days to protect the pitch when a game could easily be played without placing the players in any danger.
    We play a winter sport for ****s sake.
    Last edited by JCBT; 23-05-2015 at 04:09 PM.

I'll take a punt and say Kahibah won't play tomorrow.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I played after wet weather at Kahibah last year and it was fairly dangerous. There were a fair few holes after the earlier games ripped the field up. I think they've done some work on the pitch in the pre-season but doubt it'll be on. If they called last week off I think they have to call this one off too. I'll be making the trip to Cessnock tomorrow to watch the Cookers and looking at the radar that game may be the only one on tomorrow in New-FM. I'm not sure how good their field is up there though.

Banned
    Was driving past Hexham an hour a go and they were out playing a Drugby code on the field near Ozzie the Mozzie.

That place is a swamp

Maybe someone clubs need to harden up

I played after wet weather at Kahibah last year and it was fairly dangerous. There were a fair few holes after the earlier games ripped the field up. I think they've done some work on the pitch in the pre-season but doubt it'll be on. If they called last week off I think they have to call this one off too. I'll be making the trip to Cessnock tomorrow to watch the Cookers and looking at the radar that game may be the only one on tomorrow in New-FM. I'm not sure how good their field is up there though.
    Was at Turner Park today and the pitch was dry and in good condition. Very surprised if they called it off.

Cool. Much rather see the game played tomorrow rather than a Wednesday night in a couple weeks time. And to Member, it's annoying how many grounds are easily washed out but it's less dangerous in my opinion to play rugby or league on a wet field than it is football. It's very easy to get injured when trying to turn with the ball or cut inside on a heavy field, that's a great way to stuff up an ankle. The thing I hate the most is when the council (NCC, not LMCC or Port Stephens) blanket closes all the grounds in town.

Just heard Kahibah v Westy is now off as well.

No real surprise!

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Why is that???? Have they got a few players over watching the BPL tonight???

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    Why is that???? Have they got a few players over watching the BPL tonight???
    Didn't Andre play in the Hutcho farewell match tonight? Couldn't back up for tomorrow??

Midway through second half at a Turner Park. Cookers up 5-1 and looking great. 23s was 3-3 draw, 19s was 4-1 Cookers and 17s was 5-0 Cookers.

Today's game finished 5-1 to Cooks Hill. Goals to Bowen Bagnall (x2), Peter Pryce (x2) and Jackson Pett saw the visitors see off a pretty sloppy Cessnock side. To be honest it could and probably should have been more. The Hornets looked very poor.

NNSW Fooball have updated their website with some of the wet weather replays.
    Looks like most will be played next week.

Wallsends catch up game vs Kahibah has been confirmed for next Wednesday 3rd June, 23s kick off 6pm and first grade 7:45pm kick off at The Gardens