Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NEW FM League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Football life View Post
    Wallsend are doing it beautifully at the moment. 9 wins in a row and yet to really show their full potential. After losing, in my opinion their best attacking player to work commitments after the first few rounds, they have not put a foot wrong. They seem to have a nice balance of youth and older guys, would be great to see them promoted. If they can get an NPL license?
    I'm sure the club are required to hold the NPL license prior to start of the season to be promoted. Does make a joke of the promotion relegation if Wallsend do come first but don't go up due to this.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    Hahaha....big comment judging a team on one performance. Need a bit more base line data maybe.
    BTW playing 4 up front was a gamble that nearly paid off for you guys. How many balls did your team play thru the midfield... just wondering.
    How did the Stags go against Phoenix????
    Watched the swans play lakes at lakes same style of football..:

If you honestly think the Swans deserved to win yesterday your football knowledge mustn't be too good...

Overpriced former players trying to run a show

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I'm sure the club are required to hold the NPL license prior to start of the season to be promoted. Does make a joke of the promotion relegation if Wallsend do come first but don't go up due to this.
    Just showed the club had no ambition.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Rex View Post

If you honestly think the Swans deserved to win yesterday your football knowledge mustn't be too good...

Westy the same with Wilson, rely on them to get them out of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    A club secretary confirmed to me yesterday that Wallsend cannot be promoted and if they finish first, last place NPL side will stay up. It's a shame they can't go up this season as it'd make things more interesting but still the race between Valo and Lakes will be a good one, especially if one of them can knock off Wallsend. I'm keen to see who wins the Wallsend v Lakes catch-up game in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    A club secretary confirmed to me yesterday that Wallsend cannot be promoted and if they finish first, last place NPL side will stay up. It's a shame they can't go up this season as it'd make things more interesting but still the race between Valo and Lakes will be a good one, especially if one of them can knock off Wallsend. I'm keen to see who wins the Wallsend v Lakes catch-up game in the next few weeks.
    Wallsend have to play Valo in a midweek catch up as well. Disappointing that two of the key deciding games will be played mid week at the gardens.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Just showed the club had no ambition.
    No ambition? Good one! From where the club was to where they are now was all about ambition.

Is there a link to the Criteria?

Would be interesting to see where the other clubs stand.

Npl licences are for 3 years, any club could nominate at the time in 2013, some chose not to, others were knocked back, during the 2016 season clubs will be offered new licenses, all clubs can apply, clubs not in the NPL can gain a license if applicable, those who finish first in newfm must hold a license to be promoted

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Npl licences are for 3 years, any club could nominate at the time in 2013, some chose not to, others were knocked back, during the 2016 season clubs will be offered new licenses, all clubs can apply, clubs not in the NPL can gain a license if applicable, those who finish first in newfm must hold a license to be promoted
    Any club?? or any clubs in New FM and NBN at the time (2013)

Any club

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Any club
    Which clubs from NEWFM can be promoted besides Lakes and Valo?

Nock?

I have heard only Lakes and Valo. Cessnock and Belswans didn't complete the final part of the application is the word I heard.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Rex View Post

Ok I'll bite….
    "Watched the swans play lakes at lakes same style of football..:"
    Well, you've seen them play one game on a "rugby" ground and the other on a mud puddle, but I guess that's all you need to make your judgement! If that is the case, then I've seen the Stags as many times as you've seen BelSwans, so then I'd have to say that the Stags are one of the dirtiest, grubbiest teams in the NEWFM.

"If you honestly think the Swans deserved to win yesterday your football knowledge mustn't be too good… "
    No I don't think I said anywhere that BelSwans deserved to win, just enquiring how you believe that the Stags style of play was any different. I think both teams were crap but maybe the ground was an issue???? Remembering BelSwans have won 3 and draw 1 of there last 4 games (all away from home), must be doing something right????

"Overpriced former players trying to run a show"
    Could you please clarify and justify this statement!!!! Seems very odd!

Anyhow Captain best of luck with your "relegation " battle. Maybe those grubby off the ball tactics that were employed in the last ten minutes when a certain player went forward will work against a less experienced outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    Ok I'll bite….
    "Watched the swans play lakes at lakes same style of football..:"
    Well, you've seen them play one game on a "rugby" ground and the other on a mud puddle, but I guess that's all you need to make your judgement! If that is the case, then I've seen the Stags as many times as you've seen BelSwans, so then I'd have to say that the Stags are one of the dirtiest, grubbiest teams in the NEWFM.

"If you honestly think the Swans deserved to win yesterday your football knowledge mustn't be too good… "
    No I don't think I said anywhere that BelSwans deserved to win, just enquiring how you believe that the Stags style of play was any different. I think both teams were crap but maybe the ground was an issue???? Remembering BelSwans have won 3 and draw 1 of there last 4 games (all away from home), must be doing something right????

"Overpriced former players trying to run a show"
    Could you please clarify and justify this statement!!!! Seems very odd!

Anyhow Captain best of luck with your "relegation " battle. Maybe those grubby off the ball tactics that were employed in the last ten minutes when a certain player went forward will work against a less experienced outfit.
    The ground was in a very poor way, both teams played a basic approach just think the swans sat back and scrapped two goals...

The last I thought was a foul on the gk....

The relegation battle will be tough... The stags are going through a rough trot at present but I'm confident the local juniors will battle to get them out

Didn't think anyone was going to be relegated, or is this just a theoretical relegation we're talking here?

Hi All, a review of the Wallsend FC v Cooks Hill game can be viewed on the Wallsend FC website: http://wallsendfc.com.au/event/cooks...v-wallsend-fc/

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Devil View Post
    Hi All, a review of the Wallsend FC v Cooks Hill game can be viewed on the Wallsend FC website: http://wallsendfc.com.au/event/cooks...v-wallsend-fc/
    3-0 after 17, nice volley though. 2nd: keeper 'credited' with Oggie (15th min) but denied he (or any Cooker for that matter) got a touch when I quizzed him at school today on that goal.
    (Before anyone starts with a sm@rt @rse comment there, my 6yo daughter goes to the same school)

On that note, I strongly suggest that managers check team sheets for 'errors' after matches. I'm not 100% certain that lower grade team sheets
    are completed straight after their respective games though. Seems to be the refs have a proper break before they go out and swap roles for different grades.
    The sheets seem to be finalised after FT of 1st grade. Still, exercise your right and check 'em.

Tonight's Results:

17's: Kahibah 4-2 West Wallsend
    19's: Kahibah 3-1 West Wallsend
    Wasn't there, got messaged results. Decent wins for Kahibah though.

Also that 2nd goal from Wallsend was complete shambles. Didn't look like it got a touch from the Cookers, plus keeper's a good kid who wouldn't lie about it. Credit to Wallsend though, played a good style I reckon, Cookers would have had a better chance if not for a very bad start. Kudos too to the guy who gets the review up every week. Not many teams in New-FM publicise their game stats and goalscorers, etc. Will try and make it to the Gardens to watch Wallsend v Lakes whenever it gets put on, should be an absolute cracker.