Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NEW FM League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Speers point is a disgrace! So so much promise, so so much disappointment. Designed by architects not footballers. Shame, so much potential and money wasted.
    I concur. So much space and money and forced to watch football at ground level or in a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    I concur. So much space and money and forced to watch football at ground level or in a corner.
    They will take over Lake Macquaries ground and incorporate into the complex. One step at a time. Then they will have the facilities and hold all the big games and make all the $$$$. Anyone who thinks any different is wrong.

And I for one don't see a huge problem with it As long as all the $$$$ goes back into the game, better than players and coaches pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    They will take over Lake Macquaries ground and incorporate into the complex. One step at a time. Then they will have the facilities and hold all the big games and make all the $$$$. Anyone who thinks any different is wrong.

And I for one don't see a huge problem with it As long as all the $$$$ goes back into the game, better than players and coaches pockets.
    i have no problem with it either, just they should have done it in the first place, money that should have been spent on doing this, has built a building that is shite, that alone cost about 1mill or more. maybe we should start another thread to discuss this in more depth.

No one's mentioned it yet but apparently Thornton played Wallsend yesterday (despite the game being displayed as a Sunday game everywhere I looked, including Wallsend's own website).

Scores were:

1st: Thornton 1-0 (another upset for Thornton and another loss for Wallsend. Ball's in Valo and Lakes court now.)
    23's: Thornton 4-3
    19's: Thornton 4-1
    17's: Wallsend 1-5

Still no idea why the game was moved to Saturday. Had I have known I would have gone to that match. Anyway I'm off to Singo today to watch Cookers play. Keen to hear the result from Kahibah v Valentine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    No one's mentioned it yet but apparently Thornton played Wallsend yesterday (despite the game being displayed as a Sunday game everywhere I looked, including Wallsend's own website).

Scores were:

1st: Thornton 1-0 (another upset for Thornton and another loss for Wallsend. Ball's in Valo and Lakes court now.)
    23's: Thornton 4-3
    19's: Thornton 4-1
    17's: Wallsend 1-5

Still no idea why the game was moved to Saturday. Had I have known I would have gone to that match. Anyway I'm off to Singo today to watch Cookers play. Keen to hear the result from Kahibah v Valentine as well.
    I have a feeling the game was moved to Saturday to accommodate the Thornton club holiday a trivia night last night. And probably wouldn't have had as big a turn out if the games had to be played today.

Didn't miss too much NewyTy, neither team created too many chances although a few good saves by both keepers when the chances did come. Game decided by one of the best free kicks I've seen well outside the 18 into top corner.

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    Can anyone confirm the rumour that the NewFM GF will be played at Edgeworth this year?
    I may be wrong but I've heard that Adamstown & Lakes also expressed interest in hosting the Grand Final. Adamstown have a great track record of hosting successful NEWFM Grand Final days and Lakes still in my mind have the best facility to view the Grand Final for spectators. The place hosted some fantastic Grand Finals in the 70's, 80's and 90's, yeah it's no Magic Park but the atmosphere in that ground on a Grand Final is 2nd to none in this area.
    Very hard to understand the Feds reasoning in giving the game to Edgeworth especially after they also have the NPL Grand Final.
    The Fed are once again proving their short sighted vision and the lack of interest they have in developing a large and competitive football base in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    I may be wrong but I've heard that Adamstown & Lakes also expressed interest in hosting the Grand Final. Adamstown have a great track record of hosting successful NEWFM Grand Final days and Lakes still in my mind have the best facility to view the Grand Final for spectators. The place hosted some fantastic Grand Finals in the 70's, 80's and 90's, yeah it's no Magic Park but the atmosphere in that ground on a Grand Final is 2nd to none in this area.
    Very hard to understand the Feds reasoning in giving the game to Edgeworth especially after they also have the NPL Grand Final.
    The Fed are once again proving their short sighted vision and the lack of interest they have in developing a large and competitive football base in this area.
    Magic got NPL GF

Edgeworth have the newfm and NPL youth grand finals, broadmeadow have the women's and NPL grand finals plus 3 FFA cup games, who needs a sponsor when you have nnswf on your team

Call the kit police, the refs just allowed the Stags in blue and gold vertical stripes to play against the Hornets in black and gold vertical stripes. Stupidly painful kit clash, don't know how the refs allowed it.
    OK

Singleton v Cooks Hill United

1st: Singleton 4-1 (a quality win by Singo but their coach needs a lesson in shutting his mouth, even his players were getting pissed off with him)

23's: Cooks Hill 3-0 (great win for Cookers 23's. It's been a while since they had a decent quality win)
    19's: Cooks Hill 3-0 (best goal of the day off a free kick for the Cookers. Quality game to watch)
    17': Cooks Hill 3-1 (didn't see game but one of the Cookers got a double.)

Belmont Swansea V Westy

1st grade 6-1 1-0 at half time
    U23 2-1
    U19 2-3
    U17 4-2

Kahibah vs Valo

1sts - 0-2 Valo with 10 players for 60 minutes
    23s - 1-1
    19s - 0-2
    17s - 4-1

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Blame NNSWF. No forecasting, no cashflow analysis. It was done on the cheap. They have little idea from an admin perspective. They have a Chief Financial Officer for 17 staff and and 20 clubs for gods sake. The whole thing is a shambles run by nepotists like Alan Nesbitt. Dinosaur. Things MUST change.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Call the kit police, the refs just allowed the Stags in blue and gold vertical stripes to play against the Hornets in black and gold vertical stripes. Stupidly painful kit clash, don't know how the refs allowed it.
    Did either team have a spare kit?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Did either team have a spare kit?
    I know Stags have an away kit, majority white. But they were the home team. NNSW demand all teams carry to every game an alternate kit, so I can only assume Cessnock have an away kit.

I have no idea if the refs cared about it or whatever, but it was painful to watch. Can't imagine how confusing it would have been on the park.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I know Stags have an away kit, majority white. But they were the home team. NNSW demand all teams carry to every game an alternate kit, so I can only assume Cessnock have an away kit.

I have no idea if the refs cared about it or whatever, but it was painful to watch. Can't imagine how confusing it would have been on the park.
    Stags have one of the best away kits I've seen!!!

Should have won first grade by 4 or 5

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Edgeworth have the newfm and NPL youth grand finals, broadmeadow have the women's and NPL grand finals plus 3 FFA cup games, who needs a sponsor when you have nnswf on your team
    Was at edgy today. Worst pitch in the npl and should not host any grand finals. Constant balls bouncing up around players knees as they were dribbling. Your right on sponsors forever. Hard to compete when two clubs get continued handouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Rex View Post
    Stags have one of the best away kits I've seen!!!

Should have won first grade by 4 or 5
    Stags Away Kit is da bomb, isn't it Pv4?

Cessnock away Kit is all yellow so a clash would have been there regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Stags Away Kit is da bomb, isn't it Pv4?

Cessnock away Kit is all yellow so a clash would have been there regardless.
    Why would they have an alternate kit that arguably would clash with their home?

Can confirm stags away kit is the greatest.
    OK