Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NEW FM League thread

No one at wallsend has heard anything about the games being moved

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyALegend View Post
    No one at wallsend has heard anything about the games being moved
    I was forwarded an email that was sent between Wallsend, Lakes and Northern NSW so the secretary or whoever does know at Wallsend. Whether they've given word to the players yet I'm not sure.

Well idk who that person is but, the hierachy doesnt know

We at Wallsend just got confirmation NewyTy

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    We at Wallsend just got confirmation NewyTy
    Cool. I'm keen for the game tonight despite the venue change

Bring your boots mate, we might need you for numbers tonight with 2hrs of notice

Bring your boots mate, we might need you for numbers tonight with 2hrs of notice
    Haha my AA/H team was smashed 6-0 on the weekend. Not sure if I'd cut it in New-FM. Can always dream though lol

Tonight's Results between Wallsend and Lakes

23s: 2-2 Draw
    1st Grade: Lakes 2-1

Wallsend looked good in the first half but fell wayside in the second. Red Devils led 1-0 but Sam Walker scored a bomb free kick and Lakes scored again via a deflection late on to win the match. First neutral NewFM match of the season and really enjoyed it. Thanks to Lakes for giving me free entry and letting me grab a photo of the team sheet. Makes it easier to review on my site now.

Got out there late. Not a bad standard game at all on a very cold night with some nice goals scored.

A day very well played by Lakes, taking it upon themselves & northern to change the venue of yesterdays matches to their own home ground without getting any authorisation from Wallsend until very late in the arvo (23's had 2hrs between being notified & kickoff so credit to our guys), your mate from Lakes told you a porky pie NewyTy when he said he did get the ok from Wallsend early in the day.
    Well that's the precedent set now, should make for an interesting back end of season in terms of washouts & rescheduled games.
    Sam Walkers free kick was superbly taken, the deflected goal unfortunate, glad that rounds been played out though.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    A day very well played by Lakes, taking it upon themselves & northern to change the venue of yesterdays matches to their own home ground without getting any authorisation from Wallsend until very late in the arvo (23's had 2hrs between being notified & kickoff so credit to our guys), your mate from Lakes told you a porky pie NewyTy when he said he did get the ok from Wallsend early in the day.
    Well that's the precedent set now, should make for an interesting back end of season in terms of washouts & rescheduled games.
    Sam Walkers free kick was superbly taken, the deflected goal unfortunate, glad that rounds been played out though.
    So Dan, the issue is that the games were changed to Lakes without any consultation with your club??? Is that correct! Why was the change necessary? Was your ground playable? If not I can see why Northern would have wanted the games to be played, remembering that they are supposed to be played 10 days after the washout, which they have enforced with several other clubs. This was a Round 12 or 13??? washout which was originally scheduled over 4 weeks ago I believe.

I think the Swan has a point.
    As we haven't had any rain in over a week, if the Gardens was unplayable then this technically is not a washout.
    In this situation by my reading of rule 4.1 of the Premier Competition regulations the onus is on Wallsend to find an alternate venue and play the game on the scheduled date and time. If Wallsend didn't organise for an alternate ground then Lakes could have claimed a forfeit and Wallsend would have been fined.
    As the game was not played as scheduled on the Wednesday week following the original fixture date then the rules allow NNSW to do whatever it sees fit to get the game played.

Not the first time this has occurred over the years and may not be the last this year.

I think I was told the Wallsend guy who had to be notified was working all day and unable to be contacted. I was forwarded an email about the whole thing that was sent to two people at Wallsend so it's on them for not letting it be known. Anyway it's not important now as it got played and it was a great game at that. Have heard that The Gardens has a fairly bad spot somewhere near the corner or something. Seeing as Wallsend still have a couple of home matches any rain could cause some issues. Deflected goal was unlucky but thought Wallsend didn't make the most of their chances when they had them.

Why is is that Wallsend vs Lakes 17s and 19s is called off, if the gardens is unplayable, shouldnt it be moved like last nights

I heard lakes like moving games to there home ground on their own merit
    Last edited by NearlyALegend; 09-07-2015 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyALegend View Post
    Why is is that Wallsend vs Lakes 17s and 19s is called off, if the gardens is unplayable, shouldnt it be moved like last nights

I heard lakes like moving games to there home ground on their own merit
    Have been told from my source at Lakes that Northern considered moving the game but decided not to. They told him that last night was moved as it affected the promotion race whilst tonight doesn't. Wallsend could have done what Valentine did not long ago and move their lower New-FM grades to their junior ground. Wallsend have three home games in the next three weeks so it'll be interesting to see if the ground keeps up.

And I've seen the email. Lakes put their hand up to host, Northern said yes as long as Wallsend agreed and they, someone at Wallsend agreed. It's Wallsend's problem that their players weren't informed until late. If Lakes didn't throw their hand up we'd have another week of catch-ups to make up. Credit to them for getting everything together in such short notice (gatekeeper, canteen, etc.)

Anyway, fully agree that tonight should be moved if last night was. It's common sense really

I understand that moving last nights was important but tbh these are the future and they probably feel like they dont even mean anything.

be thankful you're even playing washouts in lower grades. Head over to NPL Youth forum, there's often some good/somewhat justified washout whines going on there.

Northern pretend they care more about the NPL youth than say the NewFM 17's but the washout rules in that comp are just stupid. I agree, NewFM lower grades are the future and deserve better. Local rugby league gives heaps of recognition to the Under 19's comp...if only Northern would do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Northern pretend they care more about the NPL youth than say the NewFM 17's but the washout rules in that comp are just stupid. I agree, NewFM lower grades are the future and deserve better. Local rugby league gives heaps of recognition to the Under 19's comp...if only Northern would do the same.
    Maybe you should have accepted that position with NNSWF NewyTy....even if not in a position of decision making,maybe talking the opportunity to talk some common sense around the water cooler may help to change their complacent attitude to their jobs. A few obvious ones like 6 point games, crap and out of date web site, poor decisions on the build of the new facility, lack of leadership re wash outs etc etc. Reading through your web site announcement it gives me the impression that you would enjoy stirring em up.
    Your web site is a fantastic resource for Newy football at all levels, your providing a great service, one that NNSWF should be providing.
    Keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by 433 View Post
    Maybe you should have accepted that position with NNSWF NewyTy....even if not in a position of decision making,maybe talking the opportunity to talk some common sense around the water cooler may help to change their complacent attitude to their jobs. A few obvious ones like 6 point games, crap and out of date web site, poor decisions on the build of the new facility, lack of leadership re wash outs etc etc. Reading through your web site announcement it gives me the impression that you would enjoy stirring em up.
    Your web site is a fantastic resource for Newy football at all levels, your providing a great service, one that NNSWF should be providing.
    Keep up the great work.
    Obviously I don't want to get on their bad side as they did promise me a media pass for next season which would be good but yeah I'm not entirely sure what they even do out at Speers Point HQ. I'm only young so maybe one day I can be working there making the decisions but for now I just have to do my own thing. I try and keep the website up to date and try and keep on top of everything. It's the least I can do. Thanks for the support 433 (although I like a 5-3-2 formation more!)