Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NEW FM League thread

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    Any other results today..... or is too wet?
    I was at Toronto for most of the day. Ended (17's: 0-0 Draw, 19's: 1-1 Draw, 23's: 2-0 Cookers, 1st Grade: 2-1 Stags)

I did however leave early in 1sts and went to Macquarie Field to watch the top of the table clash. Valentine were all class and came out 4-0 winners. Lakes had a few chances but it just wasn't there day. Earlier games were (17's: 4-0 Lakes, 19's: 7-0 Lakes & 23's: 6-0 Valentine)

Got messaged results from Wallsend: (17's: 1-0 Wallsend, 19's: 6-2 Wallsend, 23's: 1-0 Singleton & 1st Grade: 3-2 Wallsend)

West Wallsend were beaten 5-2 by Cessnock City and the 17's at that game finished 6-3 to Westy. Haven't been told 19's or 23's just yet.
    Last edited by NewyTy; 19-07-2015 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Changed result

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Thanks muchly for that Newy.
    Didn't venture too far from the nest this weekend.
    Some interesting results at Lakes? 1st's, 23's & 19's what's the story? TThought those games would have been a lot closer.

Was only there for 1sts so not too sure on the others. 19's shocked me when I saw the scoreboard. Lakes guy I was talking with said it was the best their 19's had played all year...he also said it was the worst their 1sts have played all year and that's the important one at the end of the day. Valentine now surely favourites to go up. Heard there were a few of your guys scouting the 19s match, obviously a good result for them with Valo dropping points.

Edit: 19's at Westy finished 3-3 and Cessnock won 23's 4-1.
    Last edited by NewyTy; 19-07-2015 at 06:58 PM.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Haha probably right... those 19's are an intense flock.
    Should make for a couple of interesting games down at Blackies in 2 weeks.....and it's "Old Swans Day" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    Haha probably right... those 19's are an intense flock.
    Should make for a couple of interesting games down at Blackies in 2 weeks.....and it's "Old Swans Day" as well.
    Was told Valentine had been watching Lakes play over the last few weeks and it's obviously paid dividends with the performance they produced today. I'll probably be there next week when the Swans come to Cooks Hill. 19's match-up should be a cracker.

Sorry, I thought I had posted scores but gremlins happened.

Lakes vs Valo

17s - 4-0
    19s - 7- 0
    23s - 0-6
    1sts - 0-4

23s - Class team didn't give Lakes a look in. Don't think they had a shot. I was late and may have missed some though. Thoroughly deserved premiership.

1sts - Lakes hit the post about 10 minutes in and, if the striker hadn't started celebrating too soon it would have been a tap-in. From then on Valo flexed it's muscle and it was 3- 0 at halt time.
    Second half a lot closer and, to be fair, the score ended up a bit lopsided. Valo deserved the points but, probably, not by that margin.

Valo shouldn't count the chickens yet, it is far from over and a sealed deal.
    They are 3 points ahead and play Wallsend Wednesday 21st July, bye weekend round 20, bel swans Rd 21, & cessnock Rd 22. By no way easy points.

Does anyone know if Wallsend v Valo is on tonight?
    Should be a good game if it is.

Given the problems with the ground perhaps the Gardens should be renamed the water feature
    Last edited by LongSufferingFan; 22-07-2015 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    Does anyone know if Wallsend v Valo is on tonight?
    Should be a good game if it is.

Given the issues with the ground perhaps the Gardens should be renamed the water feature
    According to their Facebook page it's still on. I'm thinking of heading out there so hoping it's on as I'd be generally annoyed if I got there and it was off.

100% on,I just rolled the pitch & marked the lines. Still a bit soft underfoot but the water feature is open for business

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    100% on,I just rolled the pitch & marked the lines. Still a bit soft underfoot but the water feature is open for business
    Great work! Looking forward to coming out there tonight and watching what should be a quality game.

Any scores from the water feature

23's 5-0 valo
    1sts 1-0 valo (progress score)

That's final

Anyone know the score of the under 23 match between Thornton and singleton

23s 4-1 Thornton
    1sts 1-4 Singo

Enjoyed the night at The Gardens. Apart from the pitch the ground is great for the neutral fan. Heard the changerooms aren't the best but that clubhouse thing with the canteen and what not was nice. Thought Valentine deserved the win and must say that Wallsend's discipline was poor. Some sloppy challenges and I think a total of six or seven yellow cards. Still was a fairly entertaining game with a lot of end to end action. Congrats also to Valentine's 23's for sealing the minor premiership tonight, best team by far in that grade.

Was told that Singleton beat Thornton 4-1 in 1st grade with a late goal being the icing on the cake. Singo still a chance of making finals if they can keep winning.

Cooks hill v belswans

1st 1-2
    23 2-0
    19 1-1
    17 0-1

Promotion is seemingly wrapped up now.

Singo beat Lakes 6-3

It was 3-2 Singo's way after 7 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Promotion is seemingly wrapped up now.

Singo beat Lakes 6-3

It was 3-2 Singo's way after 7 minutes.
    How many goals from set pieces for Singo?