Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix12 View Post
    Personally I couldn't do that....

Maybe I am too old school, but changing clubs like you do underwear should be enough to put prospective employers / teams on notice.....its going to happen to them as well, so why bother ?!
    There is a rule stating maximum clubs a player can play for per season... if someone did their homework could the final team who signed him be penalised for playing an illegible player?

As an outsider who will be watching on Sunday can somebody please tell me who I should be going for? I need a cool back story or Cinderella story to choose which team to barrack for. Has one team come back from bankruptcy & the brink of extinction to make the GF? Is there a refugee playing who has survived a war torn regime where he was a child soldier who was captured and forced into slavery before escaping a concentration camp and now playing on the biggest day of the year? Is there a player that has survived a crippling childhood illness which killed the rest of his family and dog only to come back from the dead to play on Sunday? Like all good reality shows Sunday is about the back story so give me the details. I need a team to bond with emotionally to make the experience more rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedymetric View Post
    As an outsider who will be watching on Sunday can somebody please tell me who I should be going for? I need a cool back story or Cinderella story to choose which team to barrack for. Has one team come back from bankruptcy & the brink of extinction to make the GF? Is there a refugee playing who has survived a war torn regime where he was a child soldier who was captured and forced into slavery before escaping a concentration camp and now playing on the biggest day of the year? Is there a player that has survived a crippling childhood illness which killed the rest of his family and dog only to come back from the dead to play on Sunday? Like all good reality shows Sunday is about the back story so give me the details. I need a team to bond with emotionally to make the experience more rewarding.
    Just pick who you think has the best looking kit and then change throughout the game depending on is winning? Simples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Swansea in the first's...definite underdogs...and if you are a tru blue, dinky di.....you MUST barrack for the underdog.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    There is a rule stating maximum clubs a player can play for per season... if someone did their homework could the final team who signed him be penalised for playing an illegible player?
    Take it to the ZL1 thread mate..

Beresfield players have to live in Beresfield or at least claim to be proud of that area, if that's not a story of hardship and delusion I don't know what is.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    Rumour is Azzurri could be on that list.
    I for one hope he does.
    Give him service he'll score goals.

As for Suburb we'll manage with or without Lez and String Bean Strawberry Blonde.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Thanks for the info guys. So it comes down to the underdogs v the battlers. Hard choice. Might come down to the kit like Frodo suggested. What are the colours & emblems of each team? If it comes down to something uninspiring like a rosebud or non tangible like magic up against the bull terriers or honey badgers it could be the clincher.

yeah the underdog or, see which team is being the bigger grub and go for the other.

Thanks for the info guys. So it comes down to the underdogs v the battlers. Hard choice. Might come down to the kit like Frodo suggested. What are the colours & emblems of each team? If it comes down to something uninspiring like a rosebud or non tangible like magic up against the bull terriers or honey badgers it could be the clincher.
    Lilac Hawks V Sky Blue Swans
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Haha Premy calling like that Speedy won't watch.
    Go Swansea.

Hawk will swoop and destroy the swan it's pretty obvious

Wow. Any chance the lilac could be considered purple? And could the sky blue be easily confused with a less masculine powder blue?

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    He will change clubs 4 times between now and the actual start of the season!
    10 years at the same club for me ...... from NewFM -> ZL3 -> ZL2 -> Zl1 > ZPL. Pretty sure a decade is the end of it for me though, time to find a new home.

Quote Originally Posted by pastor399 View Post
    10 years at the same club for me ...... from NewFM -> ZL3 -> ZL2 -> Zl1 > ZPL. Pretty sure a decade is the end of it for me though, time to find a new home.
    Which club is that ???

Quote Originally Posted by pastor399 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken ranger View Post
    Which club is that ???
    Uni?

2015 ZPL Grand Final scores
    3rd Uni 0-0 Beresfield....Bero win on pens
    Res Uni 2-0 Mayfield
    1st Beresfield 0-0 Swansea Bero win on pens
    Last edited by hawk; 13-09-2015 at 08:55 PM.

I'm on the Swansea band wagon. They look like genuine underdogs & seem to be vastly under resourced. They have no warm up kit, only seem to have half a dozen drink bottles, two balls & a handful of marker cones to their name. There support entourage consists of a few proud parents & a couple of RSL locals. They showed up in shorts & thongs & look like they are fighting the good fight against rampant professionalism. All that plus the Bero supporters were a bunch of cocks during the 3rd grade penalty shoot out.

All that plus the Bero supporters were a bunch of cocks during the 3rd grade penalty shoot out.
    Plenty more of that in 1sts.

Judging by the table it could be a cricket score to bero. Surely there cant be a repeat of the unbeatable Morisset.