Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: 2015 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    2 questions

What do the NL juniors achieve by joining with seniors? They already had a Zl team that is doing well.

and why were they separate to start with?
    A head start in League levels and some better quality players.

Also a senior committee that is experienced in running senior football club style operations. Very different to a Junior club.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    2 questions

What do the NL juniors achieve by joining with seniors? They already had a Zl team that is doing well.

and why were they separate to start with?
    It all went to shit 40 yrs ago when egos and sticky fingers and rich neighbours all ripped in and tore the heart out of the joint. Apparently the new venture is a model the club is pushing toward eventual promotion of ZPL where ZL gives their huge junior numbers a step into graded football. Their committee and coaching teams are a whose who of local business and football heads and Clayton Zane looks after technical direction. More to come announcements wise too with rumours of an NPL Club from some junior skinny neighbours putting out some feelers come the new NPL licence. Early prediction would be both Senior teams to dominate ZPL and ZL3 In 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    It all went to shit 40 yrs ago when egos and sticky fingers and rich neighbours all ripped in and tore the heart out of the joint. Apparently the new venture is a model the club is pushing toward eventual promotion of ZPL where ZL gives their huge junior numbers a step into graded football. Their committee and coaching teams are a whose who of local business and football heads and Clayton Zane looks after technical direction. More to come announcements wise too with rumours of an NPL Club from some junior skinny neighbours putting out some feelers come the new NPL licence. Early prediction would be both Senior teams to dominate ZPL and ZL3 In 2016.
    an interesting situation. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Early prediction would be both Senior teams to dominate ZPL and ZL3 In 2016.
    Over the years the Eagles have been a good side and confidence can be a good thing, however without hindsight statements like these can make one look foolish. None the less all the best for the season ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Over the years the Eagles have been a good side and confidence can be a good thing, however without hindsight statements like these can make one look foolish. None the less all the best for the season ahead.
    I am not involved there anymore. Too old school now. I support from the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    From someone quite involved with the club I'd tend to agree. We always believe we will put a good side on the park, but especially at pre season stage it is impossible to be 100% sure of squads etc. from what I have seen I would think the ZL3 boys should do quite well again. As for the ZPL sides not 1 of the 3 grades played semi final football last year, so we obviously need to improve in a few areas, but we are definitely planning to be challenging again this year.