Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchy View Post
    Beresfield Premiers, still undefeated yew boys
    My prediction... (not really worth much though !)

Beresfield will lose to Cardiff (round 17). Might not mean much at that point re Minor premiership...but it will dent the armor going into the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchy View Post
    Beresfield Premiers, still undefeated yew boys
    Congratulations on staying in Zone Premier for the 2015-2016 season, due to that thing you call a football field.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Congratulations on staying in Zone Premier for the 2015-2016 season, due to that thing you call a football field.
    Pretty sure they have been in newfm before on the thing they call a football field..

Granted its not much of a football field...but credit where credits due...they have beaten plenty of sides away from home.

But the worst thing is........given the home and away nature of our finals - guess where all finals teams will have to play !!! (Yep you guessed it...Bero !)

Heard a whisper that Northern want a 12-team New-FM and Bero got a mention. Not at all a solid rumour but it seems they are looking at the option. I don't like the current New-FM system with the draw, an extra team would be good. Be hard to get the requirements for all the grades though. I think the promotion of the three former ZPL teams this year has worked a treat and added some depth to New-FM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Heard a whisper that Northern want a 12-team New-FM and Bero got a mention. Not at all a solid rumour but it seems they are looking at the option. I don't like the current New-FM system with the draw, an extra team would be good. Be hard to get the requirements for all the grades though. I think the promotion of the three former ZPL teams this year has worked a treat and added some depth to New-FM.
    Bero wouldn't fit the criteria.

To be in NPL or NewFM you need to be associated with a Junior Club. Surely Swansea or Morisset would be better than Bero considering they were the other Clubs that were floated around last time NewFM expansion happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Bero wouldn't fit the criteria.

To be in NPL or NewFM you need to be associated with a Junior Club. Surely Swansea or Morisset would be better than Bero considering they were the other Clubs that were floated around last time NewFM expansion happened.
    Also heard from same source that Northern want another Macquarie team in New-FM and Morisset were that team. Would be strange to see Morisset go from ZL1 to New-FM. I'm not sure what their ground's like out there though.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Also heard from same source that Northern want another Macquarie team in New-FM and Morisset were that team. Would be strange to see Morisset go from ZL1 to New-FM. I'm not sure what their ground's like out there though.
    My bet would be Swansea as they have one of the biggest junior clubs in Macquarie based on numbers.

Morisset's Fields aren't the worst nor are they really good, the ground at Dora Creek where the Seniors play is shared with the RL and its built on a Swamp so a bit of rain and it's washed out. The Juniors is as flat as a pre-schools sand pit and not fully enclosed by a fence.

Swanseas ground also is not enclosed but I've been told they had plans to do what Kahibah have done with the temporary fencing.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Swansea entering NEWFM would be interesting given belswans is around too.

If it can be any ZPL club, I reckon New Lambton could be in with a shout if they could enclose Alder Park.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Mayfield Barnsley catch up
    Res 0-2
    1st 2-0
    Refs got mayfield's man of the match with 2 goals

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Swansea entering NEWFM would be interesting given belswans is around too.

If it can be any ZPL club, I reckon New Lambton could be in with a shout if they could enclose Alder Park.
    Dudley redhead would be a prime candidate. Oh, wait, seniors and juniors dont get along. Sorry, my bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix12 View Post
    Granted its not much of a football field...but credit where credits due...they have beaten plenty of sides away from home.

But the worst thing is........given the home and away nature of our finals - guess where all finals teams will have to play !!! (Yep you guessed it...Bero !)
    Really makes a home ground a fortress. Surely they didnt play Newfm on micropitch

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Really makes a home ground a fortress. Surely they didnt play Newfm on micropitch
    I'm pretty sure they did

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Article from SP they were in newfm but relegated in 2010 cos field didn't met criteria. It goes on to say they trying do up other field if they can get grants, so guess only time will see if that goes well they might if not this yr next if they can keep players
    http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/st...he-top/?cs=172

Morisset are currently renovating Auston Oval, the one on the main St at Morisset, so i'm guessing they could be looking at upgrading that Oval to NewFM requirements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Donk View Post
    Article from SP they were in newfm but relegated in 2010 cos field didn't met criteria. It goes on to say they trying do up other field if they can get grants, so guess only time will see if that goes well they might if not this yr next if they can keep players
    http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/st...he-top/?cs=172
    Fair dinkum...if they couldn't do it in 5 years I doubt they have a chance now (not sure what the prize pool is for winning the comp but dont think if its enough for that !!)

The best part of the article...."Part of the problem has been the "miniscule dimensions" of Beresfield’s Pasadena Oval pitch, and the club will be seeking to rebuild facilities and floodlights on a larger adjacent surface"

Ha ! Miniscule dimensions...what a crack up !
    Last edited by Phoenix12; 29-07-2015 at 09:21 AM.

Bero have been denied promotion, confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Morisset are currently renovating Auston Oval, the one on the main St at Morisset, so i'm guessing they could be looking at upgrading that Oval to NewFM requirements.
    Yeah..
    New changerooms, grandstand, fencing, lighting (i think) is all being planned/worked on now.. I know Mo-town will be pushing for the promotion to NewFM..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Yeah..
    New changerooms, grandstand, fencing, lighting (i think) is all being planned/worked on now.. I know Mo-town will be pushing for the promotion to NewFM..
    Bon back to his roots at Motown in NewFM? Latest rumour, just heard it now

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Bon back to his roots at Motown in NewFM? Latest rumour, just heard it now
    I'm tipping him for a big season in O/35s next year.

Might even get his wish to play up front and go glory hunting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.