Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone Premier League thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

2015 Zone Premier League thread

discussion here

cmon the local league. take me away from this aleague sh*t.

Suns recruited quite well i hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeen View Post
    Suns recruited quite well i hear.
    What's the goss?

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    What's the goss?
    Apparentley Dan Palotz Flick (played at olympic) and Jezza van arkalaken playing there been told

I hear that dreadlocked capo of suburbs goes alright
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    I hear that dreadlocked capo of suburbs goes alright
    You heard wrong.. Too old and slow..
    Shit bloke, shit root..

Pandoras box has just been opened.
    Unlimited and unrestricted substitutes in 3rd grade ffs.

Interesting to see some reactions. I think it will be split 50/50 happy to unhappy.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    unlimited subs in 3rd's, another great decision by the powers that be.
    Are we not the premier Zone comp and as we were all told a few years "the gateway to 2hd" and should be producing players and coaches that can go the distance.
    Or is this a limited few whining to the powers, need more subs because we don't have the numbers and need to be rotate the players more.
    this is exactly how the great decision on making 3rds a 23's comp a few years ago was made, not the majority, just no-one objected so the stone was set, look at it now.
    leave unlimited subs to Juniors, AA and the womens comps who want it so everyone gets a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Football lover View Post
    Apparentley Dan Palotz Flick (played at olympic) and Jezza van arkalaken playing there been told
    still a few more to confirm but we should be very competitive this season

I'm mixed on this. On the one hand I'm relieved I wont have to play a full game but on the other it's just not cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    unlimited subs in 3rd's, another great decision by the powers that be.
    Are we not the premier Zone comp and as we were all told a few years "the gateway to 2hd" and should be producing players and coaches that can go the distance.
    Or is this a limited few whining to the powers, need more subs because we don't have the numbers and need to be rotate the players more.
    this is exactly how the great decision on making 3rds a 23's comp a few years ago was made, not the majority, just no-one objected so the stone was set, look at it now.
    leave unlimited subs to Juniors, AA and the womens comps who want it so everyone gets a game.
    4 each half and 4 at half time was enough.

No need to make it unlimited, I'm sure some clubs with lower squad numbers will be cheering.

Just because they are there it doesn't mean that you have to use them.

In my opinion you are at a disadvantage if you continue to change the squad through the game, each player changed will need time to settle in and the squad time to settle after a change. A team that has not made a change will be working in to a game when a team using interchange will constantly be starting to work in a game.

Admittedly 3rd grade may not always be results driven as some clubs may focus more on development then results.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post

In my opinion you are at a disadvantage if you continue to change the squad through the game, each player changed will need time to settle in and the squad time to settle after a change. A team that has not made a change will be working in to a game when a team using interchange will constantly be starting to work in a game.

Admittedly 3rd grade may not always be results driven as some clubs may focus more on development then results.
    I agree with this in a way. I feel that the teams who are working on development are more likely to not make as many changes and let their team settle and get rhythm going. As the year goes on these teams will be harder to beat. Interchange is not a good way to develop players.
    As you said though, its not really an issue as you can choose not to use it and do your own thing.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

I personally find it ridiculous to have interchange. It will definitely impact the development of players, not to mention slowing the game to a farcical level if coaches decide to use it that way (and some will).

The additional point is that at semi finals time teams would be able to sub on 5 players from a higher grade to play in that match. They cant start, but could be subbed on after 1 minute. Teams will absolutely abuse this as well (as it has happened many times in the past, even with a 3 only having 3 substitutes).

From my recollection the majority of teams at last years end of season Newcastle Football meeting also advocated for the use of 3 substitutes for all grades in the ZPLK competition. I wonder how Newcastle Football came to the conclusion that interchanges is of benefit to the competition?

The Zpl meeting last year was pretty much a 50/50 split over interchange v 3 subs. The powers that be were receptive of both arguments.
    At the meeting on Wed we were TOLD
    that it was interchange. Once again no consultation.
    My point was that it opens up a opportunity that maybe to hard to pass when a team is need of slowing things down. There is also no rule to control it. (Although later that night it was pointed out that as Idwtpwh said semi finals are exploitable and they will look at stopping that)
    Referees have no power to stop it other then "unsportsmanlike conduct" which can only be dealt with after the game.
    The other point was it helps clubs that are struggling for numbers. If your short you can bring in players for quick stints from a higher grade which is a massive gain.

The response to these questions was we probably took the easy way out.

Personally I think as a league that is supposed to preparing for higher levels it's a massive step backwards. No consultation again like the 23's issue.
    I'm waiting for all the 3rd grade games this year to see how this pans out.

The Zpl meeting last year was pretty much a 50/50 split over interchange v 3 subs. The powers that be were receptive of both arguments.
    At the meeting on Wed we were TOLD
    that it was interchange. Once again no consultation.
    My point was that it opens up a opportunity that maybe to hard to pass when a team is need of slowing things down. There is also no rule to control it. (Although later that night it was pointed out that as Idwtpwh said semi finals are exploitable and they will look at stopping that)
    Referees have no power to stop it other then "unsportsmanlike conduct" which can only be dealt with after the game.
    The other point was it helps clubs that are struggling for numbers. If your short you can bring in players for quick stints from a higher grade which is a massive gain.

The response to these questions was we probably took the easy way out.

Personally I think as a league that is supposed to preparing for higher levels it's a massive step backwards. No consultation again like the 23's issue.
    I'm waiting for all the 3rd grade games this year to see how this pans out.
    I can't speak on behalf of Suburb, but I have a good relationship with our 3rd grade coach and I will be letting him know my thoughts and asking him not to exploit the rules.
    I feel results are important and definitely help morale, but 3rd grade is more about development then a plaque to hang on the club house wall. Throw in the odd Clubman on field to help kids out as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post

ahem, many a club chase the 3rd grade trophy spesh when all is lost on the top 2.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    I agree with this in a way. I feel that the teams who are working on development are more likely to not make as many changes and let their team settle and get rhythm going. As the year goes on these teams will be harder to beat. Interchange is not a good way to develop players.
    As you said though, its not really an issue as you can choose not to use it and do your own thing.
    ok. if clubs think/want this is a development grade then could always scrap the finals. first past post takes the prize & interchange cant hamper the final series.

Comps still have problems with which players can play in semis & GFs etc. Players who sub on after 2 mins has been done before.

What was the last interchange for 3rd grade? 3 ressies?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    ok. if clubs think/want this is a development grade then could always scrap the finals. first past post takes the prize & interchange cant hamper the final series.
    He never said it was a development grade, just that coaches may look to develop chemistry by keeping the same players on the pitch.